It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class Action Suit filed against Nintendo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
And it's completely frivolous. Only in America....

games.slashdot.org.../12/19/1731210&from=rss

"Green Welling LLP filed a nationwide class action lawsuit on behalf of the owners of the Nintendo Wii against Nintendo of America, Inc., in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. The class action lawsuit arose as result of the defective nature of the Nintendo Wii. In particular, the Nintendo Wii game console includes a remote and a wrist strap for the remote. Owners of the Nintendo Wii reported that when they used the Nintendo remote and wrist strap, as instructed by the material that accompanied the Wii console, the wrist strap broke and caused the remote to leave the user's hand. Nintendo's failure to include a remote that is free from defects is in breach of Nintendo's own product warranty."

I hope these douches lose badly. If they win, then that's just another reward for Stupidity.

I'm sorry but nowhere does it say in the manual that you're supposed to LET GO of the controller and let the Strap to take the force of your "throw". It's only designed to take upto 40 pounds of force. Idiots.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony and Microsoft were the ones behind this Class Action suit. It would be something that MS would do(ie the SCO fiasco), but Sony just like to spread Hardware Crippling DRM...oh wait, that isn't a defence...;

[edit on 19-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
They should sue necklace makers because necklaces could be used to choke someone.
:w: :shk:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
While we're at it let's all sue the makers of door knobs since if you put them in a sack you could potentially beat somebody with it. Or sue Shell gas for selling me a flammable product.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That's not the point. They are alleging a defective product when in reality it's only Stupid User syndrome. They may have had a leg to stand on if the strap would have broken with little effort(like say dropping the remote and having it snap under it's own weight).

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That's sort of what I was getting at with my remarks, I just don't seem to have done such a good job conveying my agreeance. But I agree it's customer stupidity, nothing more nothing less. People need to learn that you should never be throwing things at your TV, we have four fingers and a thumb on each hand for a reason after all.

top topics

join