It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIDs Scandall verdict - Death by Firing Squad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I must of have been asleep.

I don't remember hearing about this back when it happened or since.
The story of a Palestinian Doctor & five Bulgarian nurses being sentenced to death for purposely infecting over 400 children with the AIDs virus.

Death Sentence

It shocks me that injustices like this are carried out around the world with ( I could be wrong ) very little media coverage.

From reading the article, there is scientific evidence which would exonerate the convicted nurses and doctor, but the justice system does not want to hear it. Instead, they sentence them to death.

Is it a true case of 'railroading' or finding a scape-goat to ease the blame.

"From a legal perspective the trial has been neither fair nor impartial," a Reuters report Tuesday quoted Paris-based lawyer Emmanuel Altit, who helps advise the defence team, as saying. "The court has refused to hear scientific evidence by leading international experts that counter the prosecution case."

If the infections originated before the nurses & doctor arrived in Libya, how can they possibly be found guilty.

Top international AIDS experts, including French Professor Luc Montagnier, who first detected the HIV virus, have maintained that the outbreak at the Benghazi hospital preceded the medics' arrival in Libya. They cited unhygienic practices as the reason.

I am hoping that these people receive a 'fair' trial during the appeals process, but I think it would take a lot of public and government support to make that happen.

Its a sad situation by itself, with the children being infected, but should they add to that the possible death of more innocent people just to cover their %sses

join