It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing "things" through the radio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just what exactly do you hear from the clock? Is it voices with a message? News? adverts? And the music; is it secular or religious, jazz
easy listening, Xmas Carols, strange in anyway?

It seems to me that the content of what you hear may help in determinining wheather it is paranormal or something more mundane like a stray signal being picked up by an electical device like my amp sometimes.

Does the clock still pick up signals when unpluged?

Are there any teenagers living in your house?

Have you experienced anything else that you may consider "weired?"

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Mild Schitzo(Never was able to spell it) might be a possibility. However, You could be picking up radio signals using, not your fillings, but your brain. Next time you get an 'attack' try and make the static go away, or try and switch stations.

This is going to be interesting.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

Originally posted by jbondo
You say that you are the only one that hears it.

Ever consider that you may be mildly schizophrenic? Have you considered seeing a doctor?

This was one of my first thoughts as well. The reason being I had a similar experience several years ago where I thought I might be "hearing" voices. I was lying on my bed, on my back drifting off to sleep, when I became aware of the murmur of voices in the background. When I tried to concentrate and focus on what was being said, I heard very clearly coming from about 3 feet over my head "He's listening to us!" It was so clear and real it startled me wide awake, I was certain that I had heard the voices speaking.

I was worried maybe I was mentally ill, but I never had the experience again, so I chalked it off to dreaming. But it really sounded like there were people in the room with me at the time.

This brings to mind something that my ex suffered from for years. She thought she was going crazy as well. She said she heard what sounded like 2 women yelling but she was never able to understand what she was hearing. About a year ago I heard it myself while laying in bed with her and it was unmistakably the same thing she was hearing.

I still have no idea what it could have been, but I just thought it was interesting enough to share.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry OP, I didn't read the entire thread, so I didn't realize you were the only one hearing the noise. Is there anyone in your area with a CB antena?

I agree with an above poster, if you can, try to recall what you are hearing...is there a message, can you make out whats being said in any detail? If you can, tell us what you are hearing.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble, but i had this happen to me all the time when i was younger and my dad explained what it was(he worked with forest radio towers for years) unfortunately that was years ago, and i've forgotten what it was. i'd be sitting in front of my comp and all of the sudden, i'd hear japanese coming in from my speakers.

Well, i cant recall right now what exactly he said it was, but i'll ask him
tomorrow.
I'm almost certaint that it has to do with stray radio signals or something funky.

Another thing to keep in mind (if i remember correctly), a famous actress once had the same thing happening to her, no one believed her, but one day they found out that there was an underground smuggling ring right below her apartment. (something along those lines i believe)

I'll try to get it out of him by tomorrow for you guys

[edit on 20-12-2006 by SamRi890]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
You say that you believe it to be coming from your clock radio and also your wife’s clock radio.

You say that you are the only one that hears it.

Ever consider that you may be mildly schizophrenic? Have you considered seeing a doctor?

www.schizophrenia.com...

Thank you all for your theories. I never had thought of the Schizophrenic angle, however I dont have any other symptoms. The irony with me hearing things through the radio with it not turned on is that Im actually in the radio industry.

Also, what I hear isnt CLEAR voices. Its a loud static, almost like the volume is turned way down on an AM radio. Its very faint static but loud if that makes sense. I can hear what sounds like many voices, yet I cant understand what any are saying because they are so faint, and they are talking over each other. Then I hear some music here and there, yet very faint through the static. Its not like Im hearing a voice in my head like WilliamOneSac said he experienced. I also dont have ANY other amplification devices in my bedroom, i.e. a guitar speaker or an entertainment system that may be turned off, or in hibernate mode. Nothing like that. Nobody has a CB in my neighborhood. My wife cant hear the sounds, just me. It also only happens in the early morning, usually a few hours before my alarm is programmed to go off. It never happens at night, or afternoon. Its strange nonetheless.

Come to think of it, I did have an experience with hearing a voice clear as day. I was at my mothers house for the weekend and sleeping downstairs (she is upstairs). It was about 10, and after a night of partying I was planning on sleeping until at least noon. I woke up to let my dog out of the room and laid back down. I closed my eyes, and heard a female voice clearly speak my name. It was like they were three inches from my ear, and loud. It scared the heck out of me, and nobody was there. Now this isnt the same place as my radio phenomenon, but figured I'd bring it up. Dont think the two can be related. . . . but who knows!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Since you are in the radio industry it could be that your work is invading your thought process so much that it carries over and manifests itself in this way. It makes perfect sense that it would happen during the times that you say because that is usually when people mull over their problems (right before sleep or in the quiet of early morning). So for you, instead of just obsessively thinking about work it manifests into actual sounds of the industry. You could actually be dreaming about work and wake to these sounds. Often when it involves radio type sounds it does sound as if it is coming from an external source but in reality your brain is tricking you into thinking it is external in nature. Are you or have you been under stress at work or have you been dealing with unusual or more than usual problems at work?

Regarding the psychosis end if things, the likelihood is low but it does have to start somewhere if indeed it is happening. Meaning this could be the early stages and this could be your first symptom. However, I would be willing to bet that it is more likely something I described in my first para.

Doesn’t hurt to get checked out though and that site I linked has a test I believe.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Took the quiz, and scored a 2 which means its extremely unlikely that Im starting to become schizo. I also am a producer in radio, not on the engineering end, so its not like I dream about radio waves and the such. I dream about booking guests and great topics, thats about it.

Im still lost, and actively looking for answers. . .

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
so sorry about the delay, hope you get this.
I talked to my dad and he explained to me that wires inside of speakers, radios, anything like that, have a certaint frequency that they can easily pick up, the fact that your hearing it is because there is either a very strong source and your wires are intercepting it, OR the source just so happens to match up with the wire frequency. Your not schitzo, this is not a spirit, there is nothing wrong with you or your speakers.
IF you are the only person that can hear it take this into consideration

This sound

^Just some food for thought^

Hope my input means something to someone

[edit on 26-12-2006 by SamRi890]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamRi890
so sorry about the delay, hope you get this.
I talked to my dad and he explained to me that wires inside of speakers, radios, anything like that, have a certaint frequency that they can easily pick up, the fact that your hearing it is because there is either a very strong source and your wires are intercepting it, OR the source just so happens to match up with the wire frequency.

That is exactly right. This was a topic of some interesting discussion in a communications class I took senior year of electrical engineering. The topic of the day was frequencies and how the different ranges of radio frequencies are transmitted (some frequencies curve different over the land, other frequences are affected differently by weather).

One of the interesting things the professor brought up is that receiving circuits aren't that difficult to build, and certain devices can inadvertently "become" a recieving circuit. All that is needed is electrical conductivity, combined with a metal/liquid semiconductor to detect the audio signal, and the speaker is anything loose enough to vibrate and create the sound frequency.

Old water baseboard piping is famous for this, in particular when they become corroded and start to vibrate more easily.

In other words, the reason the sound seems to come from both yours and your wife's radio, and the reason you can hear it just as loudly when you cover your head, is probably because it is coming from below your bed - from the baseboard piping.

Next time it happens, try getting down close to the baseboard pipes and see if it sounds any louder. Odds are, they are receiving a few particular frequencies of radio waves.

Cheers,
-Ry

[edit on 27-12-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Thank you for that information. Seems like I must have very perceptive ears as I am 32 and can hear the "teacher tone". I have also thought about this point too. I seem to have trouble hearing people five feet away from me, however can hear people from across the room, or sounds far away. I also have the ability to hear that a tv is turned on when the audio is turned off. Say someone is downstairs and I am upstairs in a room. I can tell they have the tv on even though I cant hear the audio. I can hear or percieve a faint tone. Maybe my experience with the clock radios and this are linked in some way?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongusI can tell they have the tv on even though I cant hear the audio. I can hear or percieve a faint tone. Maybe my experience with the clock radios and this are linked in some way?

Yes, I know exactly what you mean - it's a very, very high pitched "tone" that is just bairly outside the upper range of hearing. btw...people over 50 usually can't hear it...heck they can't even hear when the microwave beeper goes off most of the time.. lol

You should consider yourself lucky you still retain that frequency range of hearing. There are a lot of people who spent their lives shooting, using a chainsaw, or using a lawnmower and have lost most of that frequency range...

But then again, maybe they are the ones who are lucky. lol

-Ry

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's odd that I happened to stumble across this topic. A couple of weeks ago there was no sound coming from my comp but I VERY distinctly heard a female voice altho I forget what it said. It freaked me the heck out! (Didn't help I was doing a lot of evp work at the time...lol) Ever since I was wondering what the heck it could have been, now I think I have an answer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join