It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing "things" through the radio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Many know me from the UFO/aliens board, but need to venture out for a problem I've been having for a couple of years. . however I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread. Forgive me if it is not, but I really need some help and direction.

About two years ago I began to hear what I thought was my alarm (which is set to go off to radio, not buzzer) go off. It was so loud that it shook me from my sleep and I reached over to turn off my alarm. Of course when I went to flip the off switch I found that it wasnt even set, it was a saturday. I kept hearing it though, even while being wide awake and even putting a pillow over my head wouldnt help. It sounded just like a fuzzy radio broadcast that had many different stations filtered into one and I could identify what I thought were faint voices, and even songs. So much so that even when I would wake and take a shower, I would have a song stuck in my head.

This has happened about 25 or 30 times over the past two years, and have become less and less frequent, however it does startle me when it happens and I am really getting tired of it. I have heard that some people can hear radio signals through their fillings, but after doing some research, there hasn't been any evidence to back it up. Could this be paranormal in some way? I am really at a loss here, and it just dawned on me that fellow ATSers may have some input on this phenomenon. Am I going nuts, or can there be an explaination for this?

Help!

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Years ago, staying at my boyfriends, we fell asleep with the record player on. We woke in the night to hear very faint music, then voices, all very fuzzy just as you describe. To us it sounded like a European radio station not very well tuned in. We tracked it to the record player. There was no radio built in to it, and the record wasn't even turning.

So I think sometimes radio signals can be picked up by other electrical equipment.

By the way, I can often change the TV channel when I'm doing the ironing - oh I believe thats to do with the reflection of the iron/infra red thingy.

Do you just hear this coming from your alarm clock or does it move around with you?

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
It seems that the sounds come from my alarm clock, AND/OR my wifes alarm clock as well (on her side, totally different alarm clock. . she gets up earlier than I do, so we both have our own). I just remembered that! It starts as being traced back to the alarm clock, but like I said. . when I cover my ears with the pillow to drown it out, it's still as loud as it was without the pillow, so I guess it stays with me in a way.

Interesting about your record player. I dont have any other sort of music equipment in the room, only a TV that is obviously turned off. . .so I dont know where else it could be coming from. I have even unplugged the clock before and STILL heard these sounds. I either forget about it and go back asleep, or its so loud/annoying that I have to get up.

Im still at a loss. . ..

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I think I remember that, the old crystal radio kits you could make with a few simple parts and be able to heer radio with no power source.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Its really bizarre. I think we could do with someone who knows a lot about radio waves to come in here and see if they can offer an explanation.

It only ever happened to me once, so I just forgot about it. But if it kept happening I sure would want to try and find out what was going on.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The old suitcase record players were notorious for picking up radio signals. I had one that had a metal strip on the front. If I touched this strip, the signal became louder. I guess it's the same as the tv antenna adjustments. As long as you stand there holding the antenna, you get a great picture. The moment you move away, the pictue goes away. You may be the catalyst for the radio signals.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2
I think I remember that, the old crystal radio kits you could make with a few simple parts and be able to heer radio with no power source.

Indeed.

The most difficult part of building a crystal radio is building an efficient earphone that can convert the tiny electrical signals into tiny sounds that our ears can hear. Our first radio used a telephone handset for an earphone, and that works quite well. But another type of earphone is available that fits in the ear so you don't have to hold it. It is also more sensitive than the telephone handset.

The crystal earphone we will play with in this section has over a million ohms of impedance, and is very sensitive.

sci-toys.com...

Off topic i know, on topic, i thought for a minute the noise you were hearing was white noise, hearing he dead speak through electrical appliances.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I had similar experiences with my guitar amplifier picking up external frequencies while I was recording - recieved everything from songs on the radio to the occssional police bandwidth.

Made for some interesting recordings, but sadly - I no longer have them in my possession.

Probably for the best, my music wasn't very good back then...

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So, from what I deduct from these answers is that there is no explaination? I dont have a record player in my room, or any other audio device with the exception of a TV which I've had for aboug 6 years. I guess the audio I do hear is sort of a static with voices/faint music though. Hmmmm. . still stumped. .

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lol, amongus. Did you get this idea from my thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or is it simply a coincidence.....?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Actually, it is quite the coincidence! I didnt even read your thread since the topic doesnt spark my interest. . having read it now, are you saying that you have had simmular instances happen to you?

What really puzzles me about this is that there doesnt seem to be an answer, or even idea as to what I am hearing. I swear it seems to be coming from the radios, but like I said. .they are both different brands, in different parts of the room, and I have literally taken the plugs out of the wall and have still heard it. Could I actually be tuned to something paranormal here? My fillings? It literally makes me jump from my sleep when it happens, and I always go to hit the snooze button when I realize that its really not the alarm. The sound in my head is actually LOUDER than what I set my alarm to go off to.

Anyone else have any ideas of what this might be?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm assuming, then, that it's just you who can hear this and your wife does not?

I've also had some experience with guitar amps (a pignose specifically) picking up radio stations... ones that don't even exist in the area or anywhere even close to the area, I might add. (not that this has anything to do what what you hear).

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
I'm assuming, then, that it's just you who can hear this and your wife does not?

I've also had some experience with guitar amps (a pignose specifically) picking up radio stations... ones that don't even exist in the area or anywhere even close to the area, I might add. (not that this has anything to do what what you hear).

Yes. Only I can hear the audio. I even have asked my wife on several occasions if she can hear it, and she looks at me like I have four heads. So, I know its not something "leaking" from another source. Unless of course I am the only one sensitive to it. . I also dont have any other amplification equipment in the room, with exception to my TV. . but I've had it for years. But then again, I've had my alarm clocks for years too. .

Ram

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I once heard TV through my Guitar speaker.

I thought it was weird - but it was fixed in some way.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Try this simple test: walk out to the maximum distance at which your car blipper (radio not infra-red) will lock/unlock your car, the double the distance - your blipper will not work unless you hold the blipper against your head and send the signals through it towards your car. Actually it still works at upto 4 x the maximum distance.

Not quite sure what this proves except that your head is an excellent amplifier of radio signals so presumably it can also act as a receiver too?

Sure I've heard of people picking up transmissions on metal plates in their skulls, dental fillings etc too.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You say that you believe it to be coming from your clock radio and also your wife’s clock radio.

You say that you are the only one that hears it.

Ever consider that you may be mildly schizophrenic? Have you considered seeing a doctor?

www.schizophrenia.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
EVP, Electronic Voice Phenomenom, White noise as its called by somepeople, to put it bluntly, its dead people. lol its just wot i believe, but your body is just a capsual for the soul, or the real you. And i think when you die, your soul transforms into something else that resides on a different wave of energy, along side our reality, its maybe on a different but close dimension to ours. Acording to some religions, including hundu, and Reiki, their dimension crosses through our dimension at places around the world, these are called energy lay lines, there are lines going all over the planet, im trying to find a link to a map of these lines but im having trouble. along these lines it is more likely to have an encounter with people from the "otherside". they might b singing because they are happy. if i find a map of these lines, ill post it, and then u can tell me if u live on any of the lines ok? wen u hear these voices do u sometimes see grid lines in your mind? if u have then ull know wot im talking about. do u seem to have bad luck? its about a year now since i lived in southern spain in the costa blanca in a little village called alcalali when i had that kind of experience. except mine was much more hands on, i was home from school ill while my mum had gone to school to pick up my brother michael. i was feeling hot, and i started to halousanate, nothing out of the ordanary, but u know wot its like at the time, it is frightening. we had a power cut as u normally do in that region of spain, but then i blinked and all of a sudden, there were 2 faces less than an inch infront of mine, they were staring straight at me, this obviously scared the *beep* outta me, so i ran upstairs, rang my mum and told her to hurry up and get back coz im halousanating, i put the phone down and the 2 faces were there again, less than an inch away. after the ordeal, i saw it as nothing more as halousanastions because i was sick, thats all. about 1 week later, my mums new friend walked into my house, and immedietly was sick all over the floor, this woman was about 60ish, she had moved out there with her husband from england, to retire. she said she couldnt stay in our house anymore, so they both went home.... i found this strange, but ok. about 4-5 weeks later, while my mum was at this old couple's house for coffee, as you do in spain. i was at home telling my dad and my brother about what i saw in my halousanation, there was no particular reason for me to do so, but i did anyway. i told them "i saw 2 faces right next to me staring at me, and lines all over the room", they shrugged it off. my mum got home, sat me down stairs, and told me something that i remember like it was yesterday, even tho it happened about 3 years back now. she sed that this woman, is a phychic, and that she knew what was rong with the house. she sed "there are two trapped souls in the house, and the reason they are here is because we live right smack on the laylines of energy that go around the planet" i started crying. wot she told me fitted right in with my halousanation, 2 lost souls, and lay lines going around the earth. i saw lines all over the room remember, and the two people staring at me from less than an inch away? weird, i now live back in england where the rest of my family lives, we just couldnt stay in that house, too much had gone on to forget.... ok well thats MY story, lol if people even care, lol but just to let u know ur not alone, and please answer my questions i asked at the start of this post because id really like to know if our experiences are connected at all..

i bet somepeople fink im crazy now, but the people that have had the same kind of experiences will understand

thanks for reading mate

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When my husband was a kid, they lived near a towering metal power line, and they could hear the radio out of their toaster. Strange, but things like that happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Like many of you I have had appliances that pick up stray RF. The thing is, anyone in the room could hear it as well. What makes the OP's story unusual is that only he can hear these sounds/voices. JHe may believe the source is the radios but if that was the case his wife could hear these sounds as well.

amongus, how old are you? The question is relevant.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
You say that you are the only one that hears it.

Ever consider that you may be mildly schizophrenic? Have you considered seeing a doctor?

This was one of my first thoughts as well. The reason being I had a similar experience several years ago where I thought I might be "hearing" voices. I was lying on my bed, on my back drifting off to sleep, when I became aware of the murmur of voices in the background. When I tried to concentrate and focus on what was being said, I heard very clearly coming from about 3 feet over my head "He's listening to us!" It was so clear and real it startled me wide awake, I was certain that I had heard the voices speaking.

I was worried maybe I was mentally ill, but I never had the experience again, so I chalked it off to dreaming. But it really sounded like there were people in the room with me at the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join