It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

held captive since he was 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
anyone know much about this story i would love anyone else's take on the matter. found this document on the DoD website.

www.defenselink.mil...

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I've heard plenty about his whole family in the news, none of it good. His father was very close to OBL, and is said to have diverted charitable funds to Al-Qaeda. His own mother took him out of Canada at the age of 14 and enrolled him in a terrorist training camp with his brothers.

His father and one brother were killed in a firefight in Afghanistan, one brother has gone underground and is said to have run a training camp. His sister is married to a terrorist. One brother defected and works for the CIA.

I read an article about his case in the Sun a couple weeks ago. He was captured after killing a medic in the initial invasion of Afghanistan, and is reported to be very hardcore these days.

Quite bluntly, the entire family has been a constant concern for the last few years, and is admittedly unrepentant. Not only should they be denied passports, they should be deported altogether.

www.macleans.ca...

Edit: Finally found the sun article about Omar himself:

www.calgarysun.com...

[edit on 19-12-2006 by berglion]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything good about the Khadr's. I'm not even sure if the kids had a chance growing up in that family.

There's not much point in deporting them, at least while they're in Canada we can keep a somewhat watchful eye on what they are up to. I don't even think we can deport them, they are Canadian citizens. We don't exile citizens, to the best of my knowledge.

The most interesting thing about the whole Khadr saga is that Sgt. Speer's wife and one of the other soldiers injured the same day have filed a civil suit in US court, seeking compensation from the Khadr family. The claim is that Omar Khadr is a terrorist and as such, they are entitled to claim damages.

new topics

join