It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technological limits...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
As i was thinking of a way to develop a free energy device i was thinking. my brain wonders all the time.

IS technology is limited? if so how can you be so sure. If one uses technology to advance other technology why can this just keep happening exponentially.

i thought if it this way. Cut a table in half. then cut that in half keep going. how do you know when to stop?

So can technology be limited if not then anything is possible. You just have to find the means to make it a reality.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, I suppose, from a purely philosophical point of view, there has to be a limit to scientific discoveries. What I mean is, eventually, in billions or trillions of years, if we survive, we will know everything about science that we possibly can. Technology which is based on those scientific discoveries, however, I think would be limitless, or very close to it. One scientific discovery (take electricity, as an example) can spawn thousands, if not more, technologies. Then, when you consider combinations of scientific discoveries, like electricity plus transistors plus motors, well, it just grows 'exponentially', as you put it.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i think technology has a limit>

take the *philosophers stone or great elixir* the general idea behind these techs is that they are perfect in the eyes of the user.

when science finds all the *stones and elixirs* they can, technology will have reached its limit.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't think Technology has a limit but talking monkeys that think fighting each other is noble and glorious will never even see even the the smallest fraction of the wonders that are available. Violence and uncooperation among species is the greatest way to stay primitive.

We haven't even scratched the technology surface with our primitive physics.

If we last long enough the physics of the future will have more in common with majic than science.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

MBF

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

We haven't even scratched the technology surface with our primitive physics.

This statement couldn't be any more true. Just think most technology that we have now has been developed in the last 100 years +/- a few years. If our knowledge developed at the rate that it has in the last 100 years, just think what we will know in 1,000 years or 10,000 years.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
you know whats funny all sorts of technologies have been developing at an exponential rate EXECPT you guessed it Energy. how long have we been dumping government money into useless development of better refining oil. get of resources electricity and magnetics are the future.
start funding them...
its sad.

MBF

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
how long have we been dumping government money into useless development of better refining oil. get of resources electricity and magnetics are the future.
start funding them...
its sad.

Just think about it, how many people in power in the government have made their fortunes in the oil industry? You are right, it is sad that we don't have more sources of energy developed.

new topics

top topics

join