It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betrayal From North Korea Could Lead To Conflict

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Actually, I'm more scared of careless use of that Reactor than if it is able to do bomb grade material...
Seeing how the USSR managed their waste material, I think only that should be considered a Treat

Forget the monitoring, North korea is amongst the most secretive nations on earth

They are just doing blackmail

Their demands are utterly unacceptable,

at best we might consider limiting the sanctions, which is the only realistic demand in the lot

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost

They are just doing blackmail

Their demands are utterly unacceptable,

Well yes they are doing blackmail, and as for there demands being unacceptable I will half to let people smarter then me decide that one. But if it means anything you could send your opinion the the people doing the talking.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Canada's not part of the 6 party talks, I doubt my opinion is very important to a South Korean Officials

anyway, I doubt they will give in to much of their demands

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If China feels betrayed, they may move against North Korea, invade them and take out the scum that Little Kim is. The US government may welcome it, but the militaro-industrial complex in the US no. I wish China would take out his own problem.

What the US government and South Korea think of such a move?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't think China will ever take military action to take out the leader of North Korea. China has not invaded any one in a long time. I don't see them going back into North Korea unless they take action against China first. As belligerent as they are I don't see that happening.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hear is something else that I found which I think will play into how all of this will unfold.

South Korea has detected signs North Korea may be preparing to conduct a second nuclear explosion, after a report said U.S. satellites picked up activity at the site of the country's first test last week.

The South Korean government is aware of the indications of activity, a government official who declined to be identified said today by phone in Seoul when asked about the report from Washington by ABC News.

United Nations Security Council 1718, approved on Oct. 14, demands North Korea refrain from carrying out another nuclear test and return to six-nation talks on ending its atomic weapons program. The U.S. yesterday confirmed the detonation last week was nuclear.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some information on this recent round of talks.

Chinese envoy Wu Dawei said the delegates agreed to take coordinated steps toward implementing a September 2005 joint statement in which the North pledged to disarm in exchange for security guarantees and aid.

Russia's top negotiator said his delegation's efforts were aimed primarily at de-escalating tensions.

The Russian side "has pursued a line aimed at ensuring the nuclear-free status of the Korean Peninsula and strengthening security and cooperation in the region, which is adjacent to our Far Eastern borders," said Sergei Razov, who is also Russia's ambassador to China.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The Chinese envoy said an important consensus had been reached. Under the agreement, North Korea has to take first steps to close its main nuclear reactor within 60 days, and in return will receive 50,000 tonnes of fuel oil or economic aid of equal value.

North Korea will then receive another 950,000 tonnes of fuel oil or equivalent when it takes further steps to disable the Yongbon nuclear plant permanently. It will have to provide a complete inventory of its plutonium - the fuel used in Pyongyang's first nuclear test blast last October.

I am not really to sure what all to think of this. Historically speaking North Korea has kept its word when being bribed. But they have already built and tested nukes. They also have a large bio weapon factory in which they are testing on there own people. So in the end how much will this really mean?sorce

top topics

<< 1   >>

join