It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Canadian Weapon sure to cause New Arms Race!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
A new Canadian weapons platform is taking the world's military acquisition departments by storm.

Somebody stop them before it's too late!

(source: Murdoc Online )

[edit on 12-17-2006 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
They can't catch a break can they? I still think however that my idea of a military style scoter would be more capable...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
At least they'll be harder to hit by errant American bombs.

Seriously though, have either of you met someone in the Canadian Infantry? Apparently the Euros think we are too reckless and aggressive over in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
well that was the prototype here is the production piece

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Let's not pick on the Canadian Military.
We have some fine helicopters that we try to keep upright as much as possible.

And I hear we're importing some of the finest equipment from the Swiss.

All we need now are some more blue hats.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Apparently the Euros think we are too reckless and aggressive over in Afghanistan.

*Cough* They're Euros *Cough* Anything more than a smile and a wave is consider too aggressive.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000 Apparently the Euros think we are too reckless and aggressive over in Afghanistan.

I hear that the British troops are now so afraid of investigation following a shooting that they often opt to hold fire - the SA80 has proved to be a great help in that regard

www.freerepublic.com...

I also saw a news report on Fox last week which reported that the German troops have actually been ordered not to shoot at people, I need to find a link to verify that however, Fox can be somewhat unreliable at times.

I'm afraid that the definition of "reckless" in Europe these days involves running with scissors. Doubtless they would of course expect the US to save them if they were invaded, talk about hypocrites. There's a show on cable right now called "The Guns That Saved Britain" - and strangely the M1 Garand is never mentioned (sarcasm off).

[edit on 17-12-2006 by Retseh]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Apparently the Euros think we are too reckless and aggressive over in Afghanistan.

*Cough* They're Euros *Cough* Anything more than a smile and a wave is consider too aggressive.

perhaps that is not such a bad thing when you consider the US military record of friendly fire incidents talk about reckless

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
True, US troops tend to shoot our friends, but only because we cannot distinguish between taliban and ally fighting.

The most deadly friendly fire incidents are aircraft hitting ground troops, and usually through lack of communications, our air craft bomb the wrong guys when an airstrike is ordered, when your a few thousand feet in the air they all look the same.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
(source: Murdoc Online )

This will no doubt kick off another wheels vs. tracks debate...

And the file name is "tricycle of death"! Wonderful! What in the world were they demonstrating when that pic was taken anyway???

[edit on 17-12-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Seriously though, have either of you met someone in the Canadian Infantry? Apparently the Euros think we are too reckless and aggressive over in Afghanistan.

I make poor life choices!

Naw, for reals, I'm an infanteer-in-the-making. My Mcpl is RCR, little crazy. one of the Mbdrs on platoon is...well, yeah. Nuts. In fact, every Mbdr I've ever met is both French and crazy. I can see where we get the reputation- because we're taught to be aggressive and proud.

DE

Lug

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's only normal for Canadians to be that way. If you don't believe me, go to any popular tavern on a Friday or Saturday night anywhere in Canada and watch how things go. You can slice the tension in the air with your buck knife.

I think it's the combination of strong beer, hardy climate, women that can kick your butt and the great rock and roll. (No Prince in the Great White north).

It all boils down to what I call a 'Bob and Doug Mackenzie Syndrome'.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hillarious Thread...

Also in response to the British to scared too shoot www.timesonline.co.uk... :p

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah guys.. I wouldn't be so proud..

"A British officer in Basra said: “The Americans can be pretty pumped-up. Sometimes they fire in broad daylight when we are travelling at two miles per hour, shouting that we are British out of the window and waving the Union Jack"

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojoberg
perhaps that is not such a bad thing when you consider the US military record of friendly fire incidents talk about reckless

True, when you're doing about 90% of the OPS Murphy's Law seems to work in a bigger percentage, go figure!

Ouch, talk about thin skin and no sense of humor, had to pull out the "unprofessional" crap there didn't you?
Sheesh...

[edit on 17-12-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Uhm, me thin skin??
No it's a simple fact, firing on other forces this much is unprofessional. Gulf War I was worse.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So "much", "unprofessional"? Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about. Go look up the statistics for this and other wars, then came back and post. Like I said when you're doing most of the OPS...

[edit on 17-12-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Your right! Better the American way. Shoot first, smile only when you have the rest of the troops there to hold the insurgent down! Oh and the camera is loaded

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

no friggin kidding! of course they perfer to bring them into an enclosure and beat them with pipes

talk about a pension for spanking, I think britain tops them all

"ok lads! you find them insurgents, and we will cane them!"

[edit on 17-12-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well.. listening to rock music from the safety of an M1A1 and cowardly blowing away stone-throwing civilians, I'd call that unprofessional. It's just one of the many things that happen. Laughing about this stuff though, is worse.

Anyhow, back to topic. You guys need your military fix.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join