It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 minute Apollo 11 video of first steps on moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Recently a 5 minute video of the first steps on the moon appeared on a server I know of. The 53 MB file can be downloaded from here:

161.115.184.211... .mpg

The server is loosely connected to NASA, it was used as the Apollo Archives before the final version was released.

Just thought I would post it for ppl here interested in such things

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Acharya]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nice little vid. Fairly grainy, but worth the watching.

Takes me back to when I watched it first time on my parents black and white television.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Right now 60% of board members are watching this looking for studio lighting, 30% are looking for UFOs and the rest are on Hoaglands site wondering what HE sees....

Me....I see that same thing I saw in 1969...before most of yall were even born. I see a man walking on the moon.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Right now 60% of board members are watching this looking for studio lighting, 30% are looking for UFOs and the rest are on Hoaglands site wondering what HE sees....

Me....I see that same thing I saw in 1969...before most of yall were even born. I see a man walking on the moon.

Hahaha! That's only funny because it's so accurate!
My first though when I read the subject was Here we go again with the moon conspiracy! Although there might be some truth to it, I think some people look too hard for things that aren't there. With this crappy quality we'll never be able to tell anything. And now that we have learned that NASA has lost
the original recording - which was in much better quality, something a lot of people never knew even excisted - we will never be able to tell for sure. So let the ceremonial beating of the dead horse begin!

jra

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
And now that we have learned that NASA has lost
the original recording - which was in much better quality, something a lot of people never knew even excisted - we will never be able to tell for sure.

The picture quality was better, but the resolution of that footage isn't even as good as the standard TVs of today. The rest of the Apollo missions are filmed about the same quality as ap11, but in colour as well. So scientifically speaking it's not a huge loss since the ap11 footage was only in B&W.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dear jra:

If indeed no direct uplink was given to the TV stations to show the moon landings broadcast, and if it’s true that they had to film a TV screen at mission control in Houston instead, then the quality would have had to been horrible compared to the original feeds. //www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm

Is it not an odd ‘coincidence’ that apparently the recordings of the original signals have mysteriously gone missing? science.slashdot.org.../07/13/1654200&from=rss

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Coincidence? Usually a coincidence involves two things happening. The original tapes have been lost and... and what? What's the other event to coincide with this? I'm guessing you want material to base your BS hoax theories on. If that's so, then go ahead and find (higher-quality) videos from Apollo 14-17, or just look at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal.

Watching this video made my heart skip a beat. I can only imagine how it must've been like watching it back in July '69.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

spot bloody on!

top topics

join