It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Prince William really go to war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Prince William, 2nd in line for the throne, has just graduated and at 12 midnight will officially become an officer in the British military.

Full Story

My question is... will he actually see combat?

Although he and his younger brother Harry, both express the want to fight and have every intention on fighting in whatever battles arise.

Both princes have indicated they are prepared to fight in zones of conflict.

I believe they will send them to war torn areas, but I'm thinking they will be deemed safer areas than most.

Major General Sebastian Roberts, general officer commanding the Household Division and Prince William's new boss, indicated it was possible that the prince could be deployed to a conflict zone

I know Prince Charles served in the Falklands ( i think ), but did he actually see any combat?

I am not making any less of their military achievements, and believe they should be commended for their sense of honor, I just can't see them putting the Royals in any harms way.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Grailkeeper, I think you'll find that it was Prince Andrew who served in the Falklands, he was in the Navy. Prince Charles as next in line to the throne would never have been allowed.

Harry may be allowed to serve in combat, but William, like his father will not be.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
IMO
it would be a logistical nightmare for everyone

His unit would become the centre of attack, that would lead to putting even more people in danger,not only soldiers, but also civilians where his unit patroled, but also any (if he had any) personal security staff, although they may well be ex-soldiers they are no longer, and have become private security staff to HRH only.

I cant see it happening.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I Agree with spymaster, William going in to a war zone
would make him and others a major target putting at risk the soldiers more than they already are,

Imagine him in Iraq, there would be a kidnap plot then for sure,

ape

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
whats the harm in letting william fire off some artillery rounds? ;-) would look good on paper for his future
( of course in a secure zone ) it also does not have to be announced and should be top secret until he returns back and then let the video roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 16-12-2006 by ape]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
They will both see combat, but alot will be well thought out so as not to place them and others in to much danger.

Just Imagine if some Islamofascist got to kill the future King of England, what a nightmare.

Long live the Institution !!

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I believe it is possible for William to be sent to an operational unit.This could result in him in active duty.He has been to hereford and participated in SAS training, he also expressed an interest in completing Selection.Publicity reasons hasn`t prevented this happening.It could well happen in the future.Prince William whilst in line to the throne isn`t a reason for not being able to service front line.The throne is protected well enough to allow Harry,Charles etc etc to continue.Prince William is a possible Terrorist target everytime he leaves the House.It would be very easy to kill him.We`ve all seen the media follow him to party`s he is just as vunerable in the UK as in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for all the responses.

Where the article claimed that both the Royals wanted to go into combat, made me think that this may be possible.

Good thinking Spymaster, that thought never really occurred to me. If his unit was made public, I too believe they would become an immediate target, thus putting them all in harms way.

As someone else pointed out, he doesn't appear to be overly protected right now. An attempt against his safety must be in the forefront of those who are sworn to protect him.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Prince Andrew, his uncle, went to war. There is no reason why William couldn't. The monarchy is nothing more than a tourist thing now. He should be able to go with everyone else.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong,but im not saying he shouldnt see active service, its just that IMO i think is would be an absolute nightmare for all involved.

Put it this way i would not want to be in the same unit on patrol with him!!
A complete logistical nightmare from start to finish.

As asala pointed out aswell what price is the going rate of a Prince in kidnapping circles?
Just my opinion?

top topics

join