It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelians discover a way of reversing the ageing process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The Clonaid project team, founded by the Raelian Movement, which claims to have cloned five babies says it has discovered a way of reversing the ageing process. Clonaid believes it can use stem cells to turn back the clock on any part of the body. It says it has already carried out experiments which involve shortening ageing human DNA, which stretches over time. The movement's claims are sure to reignite the controversy surrounding human cloning and the use of stem cells, which are obtained from foetuses. Experts have admitted the techniques used are "good science" and that reversing ageing is "theoretically possible". However, they criticise the Raelians for refusing to reveal their methods and proof of their claims.

Dr Brigitte Boisselier, 47, is set to reveal the details of the work at a conference in London next week. However, organisers, who say the Raelian Movement used a false name to book their facilities, have now cancelled it. "As far as I am concerned, this is just not science until they prove it," said Professor Christopher Higgins, director of the Medical Research Council's Clinical Sciences Centre at Hammersmith Hospital.

In an exclusive interview with the Evening Standard, Dr Boisselier said the cult had set up a new company, Stemaid, which is using stem cells. At least two patients are being treated; one has a brain tumour and the other is paralysed after a spinal cord injury.

"We have found a way to cure so many diseases and a way to look like you are 17 years old," she said. "There will be six to nine months demonstrating and then we will be showing everything." She says she is ready to have the treatment herself because "while my mind is mature, I don't like all my wrinkles".

Unlike the cloning project, which is still shrouded in mystery, Dr Boisselier says details of the stem cell research will be made public, starting with a major press conference in Switzerland next month. Experts are divided over the claims. Several refused to speak to the Evening Standard, claiming the Raelian Movement is "absurd". However, Anne Bishop, a stem cell expert at Imperial College, London, believes there may be some basis to the science.

She said: "What they are talking about doing is theoretically possible, although it has nothing to do with DNA. There are several research groups around the world looking at this. It does, in effect, allow you to turn back the effects of ageing on any cell."

Dr Boisselier says the real significance of her work is the promise of eternal youth. Speaking in Montreal where the Raelian Movement is based, she said: "A generation is coming that will never die. People can expect to stretch their lives for 50 or 70 years." She says details will be made public at a medical conference in Switzerland next month. Even if successful, the procedure is highly controversial because the stem cells used are taken from cloned embryos created from the patients themselves.

Clonaid's past claims have been treated with scepticism, not least because of its links with the Raelians, founded by Claude Vorilhon, a former French racing driver who claims he is in contact with aliens who created humanity from clones of themselves. Clonaid claimed last year that a cloned baby girl named Eve had been born on 26 December. Dr Boisselier promised that full scientific proof would be offered, but later claimed the parents backed away through fear of exposure in the media.

Today she revealed the existence of a "second generation" of clones whose mothers are now in the final stages of pregnancy.

Read more...
www.thisislondon.co.uk... 20Standard

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   

However, they criticise the Raelians for refusing to reveal their methods and proof of their claims.

Yep, kind of like me trying to claim that I've invented a free energy device, but I won't tell you how it works, or give you a demonstration....you'll just have to take my word on it....
Oh sure....I believe them....

Amazing that this one little organization succeeds where so many others fail.... Then again, not so amazing when you don't offer proof.....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hmmm, you're not the only one who is sceptical Gazrock...

As a member of the Raelian Movement, even I'm quite sceptical and I need to see some proof before I believe Brigitte. However this time it shouldn't be that hard to come up with some evidence, because stem cell research is not an illegal matter!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Clonaid claimed last year that a cloned baby girl named Eve had been born on 26 December. Dr Boisselier promised that full scientific proof would be offered, but later claimed the parents backed away through fear of exposure in the media.

I'm afraid we'll see the same back-pedalling next month, when the proof is again not offered....

details of the stem cell research will be made public, starting with a major press conference in Switzerland next month

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Yep, kind of like me trying to claim that I've invented a free energy device, but I won't tell you how it works, or give you a demonstration....

My Free energy device works, but it only puts out 5 volts of electricity and it's pretty bulky, if you're interested maybe I'll let you know, but I really want to get a patent on it first.

As for the Realians? HAHA HAHAH AH AH HAA HA HA!!!! They just want free publicity, they didn't do anything like that.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As for thou none-believers...

THE 5 CLONE BABIES that were born between December 26th, 2002 and February 4th, 2003 are developping normally.
CLONAID's pediatrician confirms that no difference can be seen between the clone children and children born "naturally".
Their progress has been documented and will be published through the Human Clone Rights Foundation - the association of the parents who have been cloned or who desire to be cloned.

More at www.humanclonerights.org

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
Hmmm, you're not the only one who is sceptical Gazrock...

As a member of the Raelian Movement, even I'm quite sceptical and I need to see some proof before I believe Brigitte. However this time it shouldn't be that hard to come up with some evidence, because stem cell research is not an illegal matter!

They've done the same thing about the human clone... It's just a lot of BS.

How could an organisation founded by a child mollester can pretend these kind of things ?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
As for thou none-believers...

THE 5 CLONE BABIES that were born between December 26th, 2002 and February 4th, 2003 are developping normally.
CLONAID's pediatrician confirms that no difference can be seen between the clone children and children born "naturally".
Their progress has been documented and will be published through the Human Clone Rights Foundation - the association of the parents who have been cloned or who desire to be cloned.

More at www.humanclonerights.org

They never cloned anything, no proof, no clone.

PS : Don't tell me that we are stucked with rael for eternity ?

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My mind instantly translated the title of the post into "Bizzare cult makes outlandish claim".

Sorry, in my opinion, they are as mad as Mad-Jack McMad, no matter how many actual scientists they pay to work for them.

Scary loonies, and guess what, they want to sell you stuff on thier website!

new topics

top topics

join