It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it bad...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Let me just put this a plainly as i can.

Is it bad for me to beleive in different parts of different religions? Also is it bad for me to not accept one religion as a way of life and that there may be many different explenations of why we are here? Like i dont want to go to "Hell" or commit a sin etc etc...

For example, I beleive in God and Angels very much so, but i dont think that God put us on this planet or created us. And since there is no proof of what God is, i think sometimes that God could just be a much "higher" lifeform who is tapped into our world (if that makes sense). Also i am not sure if i beleive that jesus was the son of God, i think he might have just been a very holy man. I also think some wierd stuff like that maybe aliens or "higher lifeforms" put us on the world for a reason i do not kno, and maybe we even the first of humans were created by these aliens/other lifeforms.

Now when it comes to specific religions i beleive in God and angels like i said before, which connects to mostly christianity and judaism, but i also beleive that Jesus may not have been the son of God, judaism, I also beleive in souls and that when we die our souls cant just die and we go somewhere else either Heaven or we get reincarnated, buddhism.

I have many more things i would like to talk about but those are about the jist of thing.

Please dont flame me or anything, im just REALLY confused.

Thx

Cheers

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Zephyr]

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Zephyr]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Greetings Zephyr

Gnosis is the underlying Golden Thread of Divinity that strings all the Precious Pearls(Religions) of Divine Wisdom together.

In other words: All the Gods, Angels, Buddhas, Neteru, etc. in all the Religions, are symbolic of the Universal Principles and Energies that Woman and Man has to work with and incarnate in order to realize His/Her True Divinity.

The Two Sciences that explain the Esoteric Wisdom of all Religions are The Tree of Life(Kabbalah/Abhidharma) and the Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil(Alchemy/Tantra).

The Three Pillars, we might say, for this Aquarian Age are:

Gnostic Christianity

Islam of the Sufis/Sophees

Tantric Buddhism/Vajrayana.

But really, all authentic Religions are originally from the same source.

See this: Gnostic Essentials

this: www.lamayeshe.com...

and this: The Gnostic Christ

I also recommend all of the following:

Godfrey Higgin's "Celtic Druids" and "Anacalypsis".

H.P. Blavatsky's "The Secret Doctrine".

Dion Fortune's "Mystical Qabalah"(ignore the careless references to Aleister Crowley's works in this book).

Anything by Swami Sivananda and Muata Ashby.

And anything by Manly P. Hall.

This should help to clear up some of that confusion.

Regards

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zephyr
Like i dont want to go to "Hell" or commit a sin etc etc...

Although not permanent like the Roman Church would have many believe, the hell-realms are very real and very painful:

World of Klipoth

Lama Zopa Rinpoche

...There are eight hot hells. If all the fires on this earth were put together it would be like cool air compared to one tiny spark of fire in the first hot hell. You can see from this how unbearably hot just one spark is compared to all the earth’s fires. It is said that the world-ending fire that will even melt the Rocky Mountains is 60 times hotter than the fires we experience. That tiny spark in the hells is seven times hotter than the world-ending fire.

The lifespan in the first hot hell is unbelievably long. Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand explains that human years are equal to a single day for a class of deities known as the Maharajikas. Counting 30 such days as one month and 12 such months as one year, the Maharajika deities live for 500 years. The entire life span of a Maharajika deity counts as a single day in the Reviving Hell, the first hell, and 30 such days count as one month, and 12 such months as one year. Thus, the life span of the beings born in the Reviving Hell is equal to 500 such years. This means that these particular hell beings live for a period of 1,620 billion years. Then it doubles in the next hot hell.

The first hot hell is the Reviving Hell, where you revive from death again and again. In the Black Line Hell the suffering is much hotter and the life span is double. It continues like this, getting hotter and hotter and the life span doubling. It is unbelievable. It is the same for the eight cold hells in terms of the cold and suffering increasing in each cold hell.

Due to heavy negative karma, when you are born in the hells, your skin is sensitive, like when you have an infection. It is very thin skin, so that wherever it is touched is very painful. If the hell being’s body were small maybe it would be OK, but it is as large as a mountain and suffers so much. The pieces of the hell being’s body fall to the hot ground and the blood that spills has consciousness, so you suffer so much. This is the result of your mental afflictions and heavy negative karma. For example, some people die easily from a slightly harmful condition but some people don’t die and suffer for a long time. Even though they are in a fire they burn but don’t die. Or they are lost in the mountains, covered with snow and ice, but they don’t die for many days. Some people have cancer and various heavy sicknesses, but they don’t die and suffer with the disease for many years...

Mod Edit: Excessive Bolding

[edit on 13/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thank you very much Tamahu, i will definetly get some of those books.

And also thank you for taking time to help me better understand these subjects my beleifs.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You're welcome.

Just remember that Religion is not a pick-and-choose-what-you-want-to-believe kind of trip.

All authentic Religions outline an exact science.

The goal of Religion and Yoga are as the etymology of the words imply: Union.

Which means direct experiential Knowledge based on esoteric-practice, meditation, study and devotion.

Not the common "New Age" and "Orthodox" approaches of mere belief.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
whew i was reading some of that stuff its pretty intense reading hah

u have to understand that i am very uneducated compared to you so ill try and read up on these book/websites, im still not quite sure wut gnosticism is but ill try and figure it out.

mayb in the near future ill pm and tell u wut ive learned an/or how it has helped me becom less confused

again thx

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It is better to start with feelings of strong devotion and Bodhicitta, than to fill our heads full of intellectual knowledge like I have done.

Gnosticism is the original Christianity, which is pretty much identical to Buddhism.

The following two articles explain the most solid Foundation that one can Build their Spiritual Path on:

Generating Bodhicitta

The Transmutation of Sexual Energy

Without these two Foundations^^^(which are really One Foundation), the whole thing falls apart like a house built on sand.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Alright, thanks ill read those.

I really appreciate your help btw

and cheers to you, ill be reading all these for a while

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Gnosticism is the original Christianity, which is pretty much identical to Buddhism.

Truth be told there is no such thing as a Gnostic Christian.

Despite the crock you read.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You are correct though that Gnosticism has much in common with Buddhism, they come from the same source and have nothing to do with Christianity.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yeah, all of us "heretics" are going to burn in Hell for All-Eternity for not believing in the exoteric Roman interpretations of Christ right?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yeah, all of us "heretics" are going to burn in Hell for All-Eternity for not believing in the exoteric Roman interpretations of Christ right?

The Romans have nothing with it.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i don't belong in this religious forum but i just want to point something out.

It's wrong for you to care what we think is wrong for you to do.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

It's wrong for you to care what we think is wrong for you to do.

I said this out loud about 20 times and It still doesn't make sense to me. Please explain...

Tamahu, you are probably the most helpful person on ATS when it comes to religious topics. It is also notable that you do so without an air of smugness around you and do not allow yourself to be pulled into arguments, but usually diffuse with a simple one liner. Thanks for being that person

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

It is better to start with feelings of strong devotion and Bodhicitta, than to fill our heads full of intellectual knowledge like I have done.

The following two articles explain the most solid Foundation that one can Build their Spiritual Path on:

Generating Bodhicitta

The Transmutation of Sexual Energy

Without these two Foundations^^^(which are really One Foundation), the whole thing falls apart like a house built on sand.

Well said, I would venture to add that ALL the teachings and traditions have something to offer and can provide sustenance as needed.

God loves fools, drunks and little children because they don't care what God's called as long as S/He is there.

People can suffer a great deal because of what they think - But one can act their way into thinking differently, not think their way into acting differently.

Faith without works is dead.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fifth Horseman
Tamahu, you are probably the most helpful person on ATS when it comes to religious topics. It is also notable that you do so without an air of smugness around you and do not allow yourself to be pulled into arguments, but usually diffuse with a simple one liner. Thanks for being that person

You're welcome.

I'm very glad to be able to shed the little light that I have to shine.

Although many might argue about me not getting pulled into arguements.

Originally posted by clearwater
Faith without works is dead.

True indeed.

Knowledge(Right View), Faith(Bodhicitta) and Works(Sexual Transmutation), all go hand in hand.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
The Romans have nothing with it.

I have some recommended reading, if you can find their writings, for you as well Sun Matrix(not all Roman Catholics were anti-Gnostic):

St. Agnes

St. Ambrose

Thomas Aquinas

St. Francis of Assisi

St. Augustine

Clement of Alexandria

Epiphanius

Hippolytus

Irenaeus

Thomas a' Kempis

Marcion

Origen

Fran�ois Rabelais

St. Catherine de' Ricci

Saturninus

Tertullian

St. Teresa

St. Valentine

Perhaps, as a Christian, your time would be more well-spent studying these, instead of trolling.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
if you are really interested in exploring and learning the world in which you live.i suggest the religion of the hindu. its a religion that does not discriminate against any possibility, much like quantum theory but with religious focus.

if one needs a religion, its really the only one i recommend. they have a balance to their belief, if a story goes extreme to the left, they have a story that counters it in extremes, and a story that unifies the two. it truly is the greatest.

i personally am not of a religion, but the manner in which hindu text represents itself is very calm and collected. also the sheer number of text they contain and the balance they try to maintain prevents extremist behavior(though im sure there are some loose screws here and there).

hinduism

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
also if your just worried about going to hell or not being able to go to heaven.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////this could be considered blasphemous reader beware//////
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

but from what i understand is that all you need is faith, faith in what ? i really dont think it matters. the reason being, there are so many stories in any religion, that at least one of them will get you to believe. with a handful of stories to choose from, the point is just faith. i have faith in god(one to rule them all). if thats not enough then i will be the man in hell "ye of little faith".

if there is one god over all , why would there be so many religions claiming to be the only path to heaven. either one is right and the rest wrong, niether religion is right, or they are all right. and the unifiy concept that exists throughout is faith.

as long as your soul can believe in somthing(maybe you cant feel or even understand), that has an effect on the quality of your soul. it is an open soul rather than a closed off soul.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Glyph_D]

top topics

join