It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Churches ~ Not necessary to God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The Christian church was founded around AD 110 according to Wikipedia. I believed that the sole purpose of it's founding was not for the righteous act of praising God and Christ, but purely for business.

The Da Vinci Code touched on this a little, I think. If the Church didn't maintain it's power by keeping certain things secret, they would lose their power on earth. One of those secrets is that you don't have to go to church, or even have a church to be close to God, for God is all around, and is everywhere.

I would say that God himself is against the Church(es)!

[edit on 12/13/2006 by agent014]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am not going to argue with you on the "not having to go to church" part. I haven't went to church in years and my relationship with God is very strong..

However, I think for some people, going to church is a necessity.. No one can deny that churches do a lot of charity work that may not get done otherwise. Churches serve a purpose..

While I certainly do believe that the three major world religions have placed their hands in the control box of the world..I am not in favor of, unlike some posters here, disbanding any religion.

You see... we all have our own spiritual beliefs.. So what if someone elses is different from our own.? Does tat give us the right to declare them anything other than what they are? A different form of belief.

By the way, of course the church isn't necessary for God. Hell, no one and nothing is necessary for God..

[edit on 13-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
...While I certainly do believe that the three major world religions have placed their hands in the control box of the world..I am not in favor of, unlike some posters here, disbanding any religion.

I am not saying we should abandon the religion either. I would consider myself a Christian. I just do not believe in the institution of a church. The church part (Where you go and donate money in Jesus's name), is what I am against.

One can still pray to god, read the bible, and follow God's laws without going to Church, and giving money to the corrupt "spiritual" leaders.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The politics of the various Christian Churches(Coptic, Orthodox, Roman, Protestant, Mormon, etc.) is very complicated.

But the gist of it is that the Roman sect deviated from the original Catholic-Gnostic-Christianity(even though the Adepts of the Roman Church studied Kabbalah and certain aspects of Gnosis in secret).

The African Coptic Churches may retain more of the Gnostic interpretations of the teachings of Aberamentho(Master Yeshua) found in the Christian Gospels.

See this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
By the way...

I would not trust Dan Brown's "The DaVinci Code", for the reasons explained in the links in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"The DaVinci Code" contains certain truths.

But there is a lot that it left out, and even concealed.

new topics

top topics

join