It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man vs Wild /Real or Real Fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
On the les stroud site posted earlier, they announced a new season of Survivorman is due to premiere on Feburary 2007.

Like most of guys have already mentioned, Man v. Wild, is utter poop and fake. Don't get me wrong, lol I love watching the show, because of the crazy things he does, I remember in one episode when he was in the Alaska, he ate a salmon fresh out of the river, very Metal Gear Solid 3 like. Yet in the same episode, he magically somehow found a shovel, so that was werid.

I love Survivorman, Les Stroud represent the average typical person in the wild, he's always alone, he has no one watching his back, he use what he have and can actually find in the wild. I'm sure there were some episode where he couldn't last more than a couple of days, but hey at least he's being true to himself. I will admit survivorman isn't as "exciting" as Man v. Wild, but still you learn how to survive in a semi real life situation.

Off Topic: I love discovery channel, I love all of their shows, espcially "I shouldn't be alive" and "going tribal"

[edit on 23-12-2006 by skyblueff0]

[edit on 23-12-2006 by skyblueff0]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Yet in the same episode, he magically somehow found a shovel, so that was werid.

Yeah, he had to get across that lake and magicly found a boat and some shovels for ores. What if the owner was watching?

" Hey! Thats my boat!
"

I think that was staged.

[edit on 23/12/2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ok, again.....

Anyone watch last nights episode? He had some cool tips about making rafts and cooking fish, it was pretty entertaining.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Even though this thread is pretty much dead I was going to make my once a week - New Man V Wild episode is on tonight - post. But this week for some reason there is no new episode of Man V Wild or I Shouldn't be Alive. Instead there are 2 episodes of Man V Wild on.

The first at 9pm EST - Utah Desert (First episode of the series I believe)

The second is on at 10pm EST - Alps

[edit on 5/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
anybody notice how on the last show where he floated down white water rapids he got so fat that without a doubt he had a life vest on.
there is no doubt in my mind he had one on the curve of the vest was in the front and back under his shirt as he floated down the river face first.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I noticed that too but couldn't figure out what it was.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Does anyone here ever read the Man Vs Wild message boards? They are hilarious. Tons of people think it's phony.

community.discovery.com...

This one is funny "Who is Chasing Bear?"

And the episode where Bear tries to jump on a wild horse - The horses had shoes on them

" Watch This Show if you want to Die in the Wild"

Anyways, funny stuff on the message board.

EDIT : Sorry, one more..."Man Vs Stupidity"

[edit on 6/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So I have been a huge fan of Les Strouds since the first episode of survivorman. I get it on channel OLN, which is out of Canada. It was such a hit on Discovery and the Science Channel that during off season they had to come up with something similiar, hence Man vs. Wild. I started watching this show because I need my survival fill. But I agree with all the other posts, this show is definitly a hoax. Did anyone watch the Alps episode last night? He supposedly threw himself off a cliff to check out this safety rig he made. Well according to where his camera guy filmed it, this "cliff" was about six feet off the ground! Anyway this guy is surely gonna die from a parasite. Even Stroud got a parasite from his swamp episode and he actually cooks his food!

The best suvivorman episode had to be the Lost at Sea. I would have been scared to death just floating in the dark in the middle of the ocean. Well I guess I'll have to keep watching Bear's antics until February.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This show is: A little bit fake like survivor. Just the fact there is an entire tv crew with him at all times does it for me. How hard could it really be with a full tv crew watching your every move? Good show though./ And Good Question!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Love man versus wild. Not so much for what I learn to do, but for what I learn not to do. Seriously, running down hills? Dumb. Eating raw meat? Dumb. As entertainment, its ok. As a learning tool? Not so much.

I've only seen one episode of Survivor man. It seemed a little more realistic, haven't seen enough episodes to judge it fairly though.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
survivorman is 8000 times better, bear grills is fake he remembers trees he saw a mile away hes jumping through water falls etc etc.... all fake

survivorman is way more believable and real because he isnt doing unneccasary stuff like bear

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Just a repeat of Man V Wild this week.

According to Discovery, a new season will start in April.

And Survivormans new season should be starting soon

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So....uh...did Les go out to make a show and never came back or something? Cause new shows were supposed to be out around 4 months ago.

Anyone see anything or hear anything about his series?

The new Man V Wild series is alright, nothing special...same old do crazy things and run around as fast as you can and get down 30 foot waterfalls and things like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you guys like MVSW and Survivorman, I've got a treat in store. I am currently working with my associates on a website that will be the laymens survival Wiki.

I expect you guys to come over once it's up and contribute your stories of heroic survival.

As for MVSW, I did cast my vote for Survivorman early on in this thread but I'm just wondering how the cameraguy's do it on MVSW. Imagine having their job.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I really enjoy man vs wild alot. I watched one of his episodes today. He was in the rockies. Today he entered the rockies via parachute out of a plane and he wound up getting stuck in a tree. about sixty feet up. While the cameras were on him he did state that there was "rules", and that the cameramen could not intervene at all unless it was a life or death circumstance . I know when someone else is out there probably with a GPS cellphone to call in danger isn't really suvival per say, but I give him
for showing the rest of us what a nut he is..

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh man I hate this guy, Man vs Wild, more like Idiot vs Wild.

He ain't got nothing on Survivorman, I mean cmon this dude has a crew, he does idiotic stuff, HE ATE ROTTEN MEAT FOR THE LOVE OF SCIENCE!

I think his show should be called "What Not To Do" He is a sadomasochist in the purest sense!

Survivor man on the other hand... no crew at all just him and his wits, I respect that guy.

But what has happened to Discovery it's like its Survivor shows and Deadliest Catch and thats it.

Borrrring.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Like many people before, I also must say Survior Man is a much better show and much more realistic. That Bear guy from Man vs. Wild is way over the top and does not seem very creditable. Les treats every situation as if it were the worse possible scenerio and I love that. That bear guy carries a flint and all kinds of survival equipment where Les carries nothing but a simple multitool and one item to test out. I can't wait to see the new episodes of Surviorman.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
it's quite amazing that MvW might be Discovery Channel's most popular show while also having the most haters as evidenced by this thread. I think the problem is, anyone who watches a television program on cable for survivor tips has it wrong in the first place. If it's on tv, it's entertainment. that's plain and simple. there's a reason why that canuck isn't on tv anymore. survivorman (Les, is that his name?) just seems real lame where as Bear is a member of the british special forces.

there's no doubt that Bear could easily kill Les with one hand. there's also no doubt as to which of the two has more training and experience than the other.

[edit on 7-7-2007 by LooseLipsSinkShips]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So fare I’ve watched all of session one or MAN VS. WILD and 2 episodes of the second session all of them on you tube. I seen a few of the survivor man, one where he’s in Georgia swamps and the other where his in Alaska, Its slow and tiring to me, the guys just kind of hanging out waiting for his ride. Lugging around all that camera equipment. If he fell and broke his neck his got it on five different camera’s.

The reason I like man vs. wild over that is because this guys got a purpose and that’s getting to civilization. A lot of what he does is crazy and fast past. This guys one tough mother I’ll tell you that. He has a camera crew but it the knowledge he has that make it worth wild to watch. Now where your at, the history the people, land marks and figure out the best route on how to get there.

The other guys surviving in the woods but his not eating much where as bear just lifts up a bush or what ever and starts to grub. Can’t be picky in the wild. The point is surviving right, but knowledge is the key.

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The knife Bear Frylls uses is NOT a SOG knife at all.
It's a Gerber Gator. I have the exact same knife, and could spot it ANYWHERE.
It has a great blade, and excellent grip on it, and it resists rust pretty well, which is probably a reason he carries is, as much time as he spends jumping in water.

You can buy it at Walmart.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join