It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding your Soulmate is a fantasy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I don't believe in soulmates, necessarily. In other words, I don't believe there is only one single person for each of us and if we don't find that one single person we're SOL. But I do believe there are only a select number of people who we are compatible with, and it takes a lot of searching to find one of those few.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I agree with an3rkist, as I've already posted.

I'll go one further, and say that it's up to each on of us, as a prospective lover, to make ourselve compatible with as many people as we find acceptible.

Not that any of us should become nymphos or satyrs, but merely that if you are too selective, you get to be lonely as long as you want.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
I don't believe in soulmates, necessarily. In other words, I don't believe there is only one single person for each of us and if we don't find that one single person we're SOL. But I do believe there are only a select number of people who we are compatible with, and it takes a lot of searching to find one of those few.

Actually a soulmate is to help you in your present life to be a better person and move ahead Karma wise. When I OP'd this thread I was feeling rather badly about some things and it was a different post altogether. Yes we do have more than one soulmate, but there are some that are very special that we find life after life.

It is not like you have to go looking. If it is meant to be in this lifetime the universe will help you find each other. If it is not then you will have a different path during your current lifetime.

Then there are soultwins. A soultwin is one that is always intertwined with you on the astral plain and the material world. We always are in touch with our soultwin.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Actually a soulmate is to help you in your present life to be a better person and move ahead Karma wise. When I OP'd this thread I was feeling rather badly about some things and it was a different post altogether. Yes we do have more than one soulmate, but there are some that are very special that we find life after life.

It is not like you have to go looking. If it is meant to be in this lifetime the universe will help you find each other. If it is not then you will have a different path during your current lifetime.

Then there are soultwins. A soultwin is one that is always intertwined with you on the astral plain and the material world. We always are in touch with our soultwin.

I have a serious question for you then. Is it possible that I can have a soulmate, who has a soulmate that is not me? Because I found somebody who makes me the absolute happiest person in the world. This person is the reason I breathe, the reason I wake up every morning, the reason I do anything. Yet this person obviously does not feel the same way about me. I would definitely consider this person my soulmate, yet the feeling is obviously not mutual. How does that play into the soulmate theory?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I have a serious question for you then. Is it possible that I can have a soulmate, who has a soulmate that is not me? Because I found somebody who makes me the absolute happiest person in the world. This person is the reason I breathe, the reason I wake up every morning, the reason I do anything. Yet this person obviously does not feel the same way about me. I would definitely consider this person my soulmate, yet the feeling is obviously not mutual. How does that play into the soulmate theory?

I have been there before my friend and feel for you. This person may very well be your soulmate of the type to teach each other different lessons in different lives. It may be you have this path to follow to get you ready for the one that is to be with you and share this life. You may not be quite ready for your soulmate and this one you are loving is to help you get there.

How long have you known this person?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I have been there before my friend and feel for you. This person may very well be your soulmate of the type to teach each other different lessons in different lives. It may be you have this path to follow to get you ready for the one that is to be with you and share this life. You may not be quite ready for your soulmate and this one you are loving is to help you get there.

How long have you known this person?

Two years this January. I kind of have the feeling that there's not really somebody I'm supposed to "share this life with" though. I almost feel as if...if this person isn't the one, then it must be nobody. That sounds depressing, and at first it depressed me, but it just seems to make sense. I dunno. Love is the one thing I think I'll never understand but it's the one thing I would say I have a strong belief in. Of course I've been drinking tonight so I'm getting a little emotional and sentimental, but I dunno...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Two years this January. I kind of have the feeling that there's not really somebody I'm supposed to "share this life with" though. I almost feel as if...if this person isn't the one, then it must be nobody. That sounds depressing, and at first it depressed me, but it just seems to make sense. I dunno. Love is the one thing I think I'll never understand but it's the one thing I would say I have a strong belief in. Of course I've been drinking tonight so I'm getting a little emotional and sentimental, but I dunno...

I have been right where you are friend I really have. there was a girl that I thought was the one and only when I was twenty. That was a lng time ago, and she loved someone else. She did finally come to me but I was over it by then and it was too late.

Tell me this.

Have you told this person the way you feel?

If not you need to. No matter if it seems futile or not, the truth is the only way to find out.

The point is you will find your soulmate when you are ready. THis may be that someone that is preparing you for your soulmate. Keep your eyes open, and start looking elsewhere.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Have you told this person the way you feel?

If not you need to. No matter if it seems futile or not, the truth is the only way to find out.

The point is you will find your soulmate when you are ready. THis may be that someone that is preparing you for your soulmate. Keep your eyes open, and start looking elsewhere.

Well I don't jave much choice to look elsewhere, and I don't think ot would be a good idea for me to express my feelings now. Somebody just conveniently got married. Which is actually a good thing. I'm happy for the two of them, and it's helping to give me closure so I can move on. Well, starting to, anyway.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join