It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding your Soulmate is a fantasy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It can never happen.

People...its either love em, or leave em.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey, what's happening Lonegunman! Long time no see.

Don't worry about it brother, i used to worry about this all the time, but that was before I found my true calling in life.
JK

But on a more serious note, don't worry about it bro, I'm sure you'll find your soul mate one day.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thank you buddy.

Edit out my whining, nothing to do with you humbleone!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Could I have a moderator kill this thread for me please. :shk:

I'm gonna stop posting for a while.

LGM OUT!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I believe there are soul mates. Or, at the very least, I believe there are people that are meant to be together. I met my girlfriend in the most unorthodox way possible -- she put in the wrong screenname to talk to someone, and ended up IMing me. This was several years ago. As it turned out, this random girl that was IMing me lived only about an hour's drive away. We talked online occasionally in a friendly way. Eventually, things about her relationship at the time got into the conversation, and I gave her advice on it. To make a long story short, after about half a year we met in person, immediately knew we were meant to be together, and have been together ever since. Engagement is not far in the future.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hmmmm... I can meet a soulmate just about every other night at a bar! Just can't be so damn picky!:shk:

Joking around of course...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pffft!! I could have told you that...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The thing about it is it seems at times our "souls are mating" but our situations aren't. We may have many soul mates and at different times we experience them to help us achieve another level of understanding.

The most confusing situations often lead us to the greatest growth.
That is a way to look at it. It is like that in my life. You may have great affinity with another human but as soon as we try to merge the something draws back and says I am One.

We come in alone and we go out alone.

Right, "Lone"gunman?

Don't let an emotional upheaval put out your "fire"

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
sorry... tourettes of the keyboard, it runs in my family.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Finding your soul mate is a fantasy....

I like that. Only you left out one part.

Finding our soul mate is a fantasy told by those that have never found their soul mate.

I believe I have found mine. When you know, you just know.

Denying the existence of a person you have never met, seems slightly misguided. He/She is out there. Hopefully we will all have the fortune to come across them.

I don't think it is as spiritual as a soul mate, it is just that person that fits our personality to perfection. It is that person that we would rather fight with, than never talk to at all. Our worst day with this person, is far better than our best day without them.

Catch my drift?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

I don't think it is as spiritual as a soul mate, it is just that person that fits our personality to perfection. It is that person that we would rather fight with, than never talk to at all. Our worst day with this person, is far better than our best day without them.

Catch my drift?

That was beautiful chissler, I felt the same way.

Now would a moderator please close this thread?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Why would you possibly want this thread to be closed?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I don't believe in the concept of "soul mate."

It's is a fantasy--the idea that someone will come into your environment, and be somehow magically suited to match your every need.

If the fantasy came true for you, then you wouldn't need to do the difficult emotional work of learning to love someone in spite of their shortcomings.

If you are a healthy, sane, nice person, I think you should be able to form a positive relationship with about 1 person in 5 of the opposite and/or desired sex. Probably more of them than that. If you cannot achieve that, it's not because they are all skanks, it's because you're being difficult.

I've posted before that it's all a question of numbers. The current generation of young lovers are not willing to do the work of meeting several dozen suitors: they just pick the first person that doesn't steal from them, and then they hope for the best.

Most of the people in my office are younger than me (I'm early 40's). I listen to your horror stories, and just cringe for you.

I think a big problem is the death of dating. The idea that you will take the other person some place special (and actually risk your own money on a good time) and treat them with respect, and work at entertaining them, before you spawn.

I've been married for a decade, to the same woman. Are we "soul mates?" Maybe. But she is hot, smart and rich enough that I know I could always be replaced, if I pulled some kind of crap. Same with her. I CHOOSE to love her, and I treat her as good as possible, overlooking her faults and overcoming my own, to make our relationship work.

Life is so good because we MAKE it. It isn't fate, or luck, or the stars. It's a decade of fidelity, hard work, and forbearance. It just so happens that she's the best LADY I've ever met, and so she's been worth it.

I did have to date about 40 or so women to meet her. But I've always been satisfied that our pairing was extremely fortunate for me--the best I'll ever do, without a doubt.

But again, it wasn't something that HAPPENED to us. It's the reality we've CREATED together.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Why would you possibly want this thread to be closed?

How about closing this thread please?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Finding your soul mate is indeed possible. Years ago, I had found mine. But unfortunately at the time, I did not realize it.

Of course, by the time I did realize it, it was too late.

The only advice I can give is keep your chin up, try to be the best person you can be. Don't let the past drag you down.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
For what it is worth....

Your true soul mate will find you when you stop looking

In Peace Always
res

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
For what it is worth....

Your true soul mate will find you when you stop looking

In Peace Always
res

OMG please I was not looking for anything, I did not find anything it has all been a mis-understanding. I have a soulmate. Two or three in fact....thats my trouble. hahahah.
rotflol.

me please

At least my new avatar looks sweet!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Don't be so negative lonegunman, just keep on keeping on brother.

P.S.
pick up the cross.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm muslim so my chances of finding a soul-mate are increased four-fold

Geddit?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Everyone have a Merry Christmas!! I need to throw my computer away so I dont post anymore stuff!

[edit on 14-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join