It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Intelligence is Dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
America is being led be complete asses.

US intelligence services were once considered to be best in the world.

guess what.

now, security and intelligence guys are having to
resort to use google to get information.

CIA has become incompetent.

CIA cannot get credible data like it used to in the old days,
so now it is hoped that internet search engines would provide vital information.

CIA using Google. Sounds too funny.

intelligence agencies are led by people who do not even know in which country Hezbollah group is found.

The Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee
did not even know whether 9/11 terrorists were sunnis or shias.

can you believe that!!

what can we expect from those who work under him!!

when we have the top dude who has no clue who al qaeda are, then heaven help us all.

the rest of the world must be beginning to
think US is becoming more and more like morons.

Reuters

www.guardian.co.uk...

Rep

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My uncle retired from the NSA after over 30 years of service, of which 15 were in the top end of one department.

When he retired, he said it was because the US intelligence community was crumbling around him and Bush was ruining the US.

This isn't a light statement for someone who served their country their whole life (military prior to intelligence).

It is sad that we live in a period of decline in many areas of the US.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It wasn't the CIA, it was the State Department. They used google cause the CIA wouldn't share information with them, and I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for them to use google... Some of the most damning information can potentially be found because some idiot posts about it in his blog.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Don't blame it on them, blame it on the fine education system we have in our nation.

You bring one issue I was having today, how limited education specially history is in the US.

How can I make comparisons? because I received education outside the US and to tell you the truth I was surprised by the lack of it here in the US on teaching certain topics.

Our nation concentrates more on their own version of topics than worldwide ones including to make sure that children knows where in the world is every country and the type of government they have, religion and social make over.

I think the intelligent community is having problems everywhere, the world is not such a mastery and as big as we thought, I think the media is getting the news faster that our own government does lately.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
US intelligence is becoming a laughing stock of the world.

everyone around the world is mocking the american security services.

and yet US is about to go to war with Iran when we know
absolutely nothing about that country.

we messed up in Iraq because our intelligence was so flawed and
we believed in lies invented by CIA and NSA.

five years later, intelligence institutions are still led by idiots.

Dumass
bbc
IranGap
NoProof
Washington
Telegraph

[edit on 13-12-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Its true, we're simply incompetent, stupid, and slow. Thats why we're loosing all over the world. We are simply not capable enough to defeat these guys. Heck, Iran used Chalabi to feed us information about iraq, in order to get us to destroy iraq, the old enemy and bulwark against Iran.

The iranians are the people that invented chess, and we think we can beat them at their own game? We can't even win a simple game of checkers at this point. Hell, we disbanded the unit tasked with hunting down bin laden and are so scared of muslims that the one muslim elected to congress is getting asked on national tv 'how do i know you aren't a terrorist'.

We'd better get over those kinds of predjudices, because the only way we're going to hang on through all of this is if we start importing people from other countries who actually have a clue to tell us what to do.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
although i want to say the truth and reason behind everything. I just cant.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
dont get me wrong here, using the internet is a pretty influenced source of intellegence.

but shouldnt you be ridiculing them if htey DIDNT use such an easy, open and free source of information, pictures, movies ?

If out of 1000 intellegence assets, 999 are sitting in front of monitors scanning google, yeah id be pretty amused at the level of intellegence.

"CIA using Google. Sounds too funny. "

sounds logical to me,

if you had of said

"CIA RELYING ON GOOGLE "

then id be laughing

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The fact that our "Homeland Security" is now publicly owned testifies to that.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I think the intelligent community is having problems everywhere, the world is not such a mastery and as big as we thought, I think the media is getting the news faster that our own government does lately.

I dont think its them having 'problems'
I think its more, the world isnt on their side. Willing to help in anyway.
Technology has become so easy to aquire and so 'cheap' compared to the earlier intellegence days... foreign nations/groups find it much easier to conceal hide or blend so they cant be found.

A group like alqaeda woulda stuck out like dogs balls back in the 50's
especially when a large % of the Arab world was still atleast on side with the west.

Today, when there so much arab hatred for the west... a group willing to attack the west are but a flake, in a bowl of corn flakes.

top topics

join