It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pentagram by white house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything so I'll ask here. Anyone know anything about the almost pentagram thats just north of the white house? I was fooling with google maps and saw it. Ive heard things about the washington monument since its an obelisk, if anyone has any info it's greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I remember a thread from not too long ago, where there was a discussion of this, and other related matters. If I find it, I'll post the link here.

rats, I can't find it. But I do remember parts of it had mentioned several "symbols" in Washington DC...

Perhaps someone with a better memory than me will remember the thread.

I'm not sure if it was in this Forum, the NWO forum, or possibly in the Political Conspiracies forum.
memory leak.

[edit on 12/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I have a hard time searching for specific forums on ATS, but this link will keep you busy for awhile. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I found an ATS link among many others

Link

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Check out David Icke on google vid/you tube. Cant remember which documentary, but he has detailed maps showing all these classic devil / secret society signs - pentagrams owls etc
all HIDDEN IN PLAIN VIEW.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Man why is everyone so scared of a pentagram????

Its was used for centuries before Chritianity came and pronouced it a tool of devil worship.

Here is what a pentagram really means.......

The bottom left point = sight
The top left point = taste
The top point = speech
The top right point = hearing
The bottom right point = touch.
The circle drawn around them indicates the soul/spirit that all these sense's belong to.

Waken up people and drop the 'bad occult' thing for there is no bad occult as all people who now practise the craft abide by the rule of three.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
But would the average Christian in the 1700/1800s know that, appreciate that, and design it into their city? Probably not, and if they did, they consorted with others who kept themselves busy with ancient knowledge.

On a side note, the Washington pentagram has the bottom left corner missing. All other "senses would be represented. However, there is also a pyramid designed into the city, with it's top missing, and in it's place the state house. I wonder if that is meant to represent the sight that was not included in the pentagram.
Who knows

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Does it really surprise you. Before America came to be they used black slaves to cultivate the riches of America and send them to britian. Then the civil war happened and they stopped using only black they included all people lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pictnation
Man why is everyone so scared of a pentagram????

Its was used for centuries before Chritianity came and pronouced it a tool of devil worship.

Here is what a pentagram really means.......

The bottom left point = sight
The top left point = taste
The top point = speech
The top right point = hearing
The bottom right point = touch.
The circle drawn around them indicates the soul/spirit that all these sense's belong to.

Waken up people and drop the 'bad occult' thing for there is no bad occult as all people who now practise the craft abide by the rule of three.

Not trying to be a nazi here, and correct me if i'm wrong, but I do believe that the Pentagram is often considered the symbol you described only flipped upside down... There is no top point or bottom left and right, there is a bottom point and a top right and left points, the points represent the devils horns? I could be confused don't rule it out, but i'm pretty sure about that, so your symbolic meaning should be ruled out I believe, because many symbols when swapped mean different things. For instance the swasticka when flipped around was the symbol which many native oklahoman indian tribes used as a symbol for a bird but for the Nazi it became a tool of hate.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
if the pentagram's apex is pointing to the top then it is a sighn of protection, and of the goddess.

if it is inverted then yes is it meant apparently to be a sighn of devil worship ,

omega

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As I understand it the streets are laid out in the shape of a pentagram also, but something I find even more interesting is that the goddess of the underworld Persephone statue is on top of the White House. I will search for a picture. Here is a thread that was started here about the statue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
SSDD.

for those that do not understand this abbreviation it is,

SAME S*** DIFFERENT DAY.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
um i'm sure you all realise the pentagon itself is the 'heart' of a pentagram...

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Can someone show a picture of the supposed pentagram near the White House? And how would we determine if it was meant to be an inverted one?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...

This was the first link I found on google relating to the subject of symbolism in Washington D.C.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Also found this site which gives you more information regarding this subject.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
but something I find even more interesting is that the goddess of the underworld Persephone statue is on top of the White House.

Look, I respect the fact that you may have been misinformed on the issue, but no..... there is NO statue of anything on top of the white house. If the "white house" you are inferring to was the US Capitol building, then yes, there is a statue on top of it. But i can assure you that is is not the goddess of the underworld.

en.wikipedia.org...

Statue of Freedom" is a bronze statue by Thomas Crawford that is located atop the dome of the United States Capitol in Washington, DC. "Freedom" is a female allegorical figure who holds a sheathed sword in her right hand and a laurel wreath of victory and the shield of the United States with thirteen stripes in her left hand. She wears a helmet adorned with stars and an eagle's head. A brooch inscribed "U.S." secures her fringed robes. She stands on a cast-iron globe encircled with the national motto, E Pluribus Unum. The lower part of the base is decorated with fasces and wreaths. Ten bronze points tipped with platinum are attached to her headdress, shoulders, and shield for protection from lightning. The bronze statue stands 19 feet 6 inches (6 m) tall and weighs approximately 15,000 pounds (6,800 kg). Her crest rises 288 feet (88 m) above the east front plaza.

For many years, most people thought that "Freedom" was a Native American figure because of the eagle feathers on her helmet and the difficulty of seeing her from ground level. Others have mistaken her for a representation of Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and war.

A monumental statue for the top of the national Capitol appeared in Architect Thomas U. Walter's original drawing for the new cast-iron dome, which was authorized in 1855. Walter's drawing showed the outline of a statue representing "Liberty"; Crawford proposed an allegorical figure of "Freedom triumphant in War and Peace".

on a side note, i have spoken with the architect of the Capitol building during my time working there, and the only thing he said about the statue was its significance in the way it was facing. It always faced the east because the saying was "the sun should only rise, not set, in the eyes of freedom"

I see that your a big poster on the boards, so I hope that if you are to make these type of inferences about such ideas that the design of government buildings was sinister, then please check your facts before hand or back them up.

EyE

[edit on 12-12-2006 by searchingeye]

[edit on 12-12-2006 by searchingeye]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You might find what you're looking for here:theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Pretty scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega85
if the pentagram's apex is pointing to the top then it is a sighn of protection, and of the goddess.

if it is inverted then yes is it meant apparently to be a sighn of devil worship ,

omega

Each point on the Pentagram represents one of the four elements known to the ancients (earth, air, fire, and water), with the ultimate point representing the Quintessence, or Fifth Element, which, for lack of a better word, could be called "Spirit". It is from the Fifth Element that the other four originate, and flow from.

The Pentagram with one point upward has always been a symbol of the initiated. We do not know if it was first used in this context by the ancient Greek philosopher Pythagoras, but he was the first to publicly state it.

The Pentagram with two points upward represents the non-initiated, called by the ancient Greek initiates "the Profane", meaning those "outside of the Temple".

The logic behind this symbolism is that, initiation supposedly purified the Candidates, bringing their animal instincts under control of the rational faculty, manifestation of Spirit. Likewise, the Profane were seen as being ruled by their animal instincts (thus the points of the Pentagram representing matter dominate the point of Spirit). The Pentagram of the Profane also resembled the head of a goat, representing the Greek god Pan, himself the representative of the animal instinct in human nature.

This is a very interesting study, and profoundly influenced Plato and the later Greek philosophers, who adopted the same symbolism, as it was then used in the Eleusinian Mysteries. However, as someone has already pointed, the streets in D.C. don't form a real Pentagram, as only four points can be traced, and even then, the lines are erratic and do not perfectly correspond.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
You might find what you're looking for here:theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Pretty scary stuff.

No offense, but that site is complete toss. It makes assumptions or extremely far fetched theories then just states them as facts.
I didn't even stay long enough to find the bit about D.C. , the first few articles were enough to put me off. Wow...

On another note, Masonic Light your info is interesting and I have heard it many times before. Where did you get it from, or do you know a site which goes into it?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

On another note, Masonic Light your info is interesting and I have heard it many times before. Where did you get it from, or do you know a site which goes into it?

It could probably be found on wikipedia, and other reference sites. Also, mention is made in the Golden Verses of Pythagoras, the Republic by Plato, and various historical essays on the Mysteries of Demeter that were practiced at Eleusis (of which Pythagoras, Socrates, and Plato were initiates).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join