It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this is planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Look at it can asteriod belt between mars and jupiter be a shatter planet long ago because it happen to stay and orbit in space place between those planets any explanation??

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sure it could be. Anything's possible. Scientists believe that the asteroid belt isn't enough mass to actually make a significant planet. Well, I have my own theory.

Over 4.5 billion years of the solar system's history, we're left with probably less than half of the asteroids we started out with. Now, scientists theorize that 4.5 billion years ago, a planet named, I believe, Orpheus, orbited in between Earth and Mars. The planet broadsided the Earth once or twice and shattered, the remains forming Earth's moon, Luna. Well, what if this planet crashed into Earth and shattered? Part of it formed our moon, the rest got sucked into its current position of the asteroid belt by Jupiter's massive gravity over billions of years. Since part of the planet's mass is in our moon, part of it's mass is in the asteroid belt and part of it's mass has been taken out of the asteroid belt by billions of years of collisions, that would be PLENTY to make a significant sized planet.

That's my personal theory that I feel science would accept if I was a world-renowned scientists. Now for my ATS-style theory:

There's a good chance the moon may be hollow. Some people say the inside of the moon is colonized by ET's and is Earth-like inside. Well, what if the ET's took the planet Orpheus and destroyed it. They took the remains of the planet and turned it into our moon and placed it in our orbit to constantly monitor us. They then stuck the rest of the planet they destroyed into its current position nestled as safely as can be thanks to Jupiter's gravity.

These are my two personal theories. Take them for what they're worth.

jra

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just a nit pick, but Saturn comes after Jupiter, not Neptune. And after Saturn, it's Uranus and then Neptune.

As for the asteroids once being a planet. It's generally believed just to be leftover material from the formation of the solar system. The asteroid belt is nothing like you see in movies, with the all the rocks floating close together. They are fairly spread apart and it would be hard to fly into one of them by accident. The combined mass of the asteroid belt is equal to about 4% of our Moon's mass.

It was once theorized that it was a planet, which they called Phaeton

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I can recall a thread somewhere here about this very same topic. If I can locate it, I will post a link here.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Okay, here is the thread that explores this same topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join