It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster Lookalike Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
News link

"The bones of a baby plesiosaur have been recovered from an Antarctic island, scientists reported Monday. In life, 70 million years ago, the five-foot-long animal would have resembled Nessie, the long-necked creature reported to inhabit Scotland's Loch Ness.

The new fossil skeleton is one of the most complete of its type ever found, researchers said. It will go on display Wednesday at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology's Museum of Geology." AP

This is great news for Nessie fans.

With the recent study of the oceans bringing to light new species and other thought to be extinct for millions of years, maybe they will take a more serious look at Loch Ness.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, I can't say this is the most amazing thing I heard. I heard a lot better things about Nessie. Just my opinion, dude.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's a plesiosaur. I can't believe CNN and CBS even reported it as a "baby Nessie". What terrible journalism.

Didn't anyone study dinosaurs AT ALL? C'mon people, this is just pathetic.

Not to mention it was found in the Antarctic. These are fossils, not "bones". They aren't any different from any other plesiosaur fossil ever found (except being more complete and being that of a juvenile), nor were they found anywhere near Lock Ness. How is this "great news for Nessie fans"?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Greyhaven7]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven7
It's a plesiosaur. I can't believe CNN and CBS even reported it as a "baby Nessie". What terrible journalism.

So true. What's next baby bigfoot found at zoo.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
In life, 70 million years ago, the five-foot-long animal would have resembled Nessie, the long-necked creature reported to inhabit Scotland's Loch Ness.

A plesiosaur resembles 'nessie', if we accept the sightings that describe nessie as 'plesiosaur like', and ignore the ones that contradict that, such as the ones that posit series of humps, antenna, etc etc.

With the recent study of the oceans bringing to light new species and other thought to be extinct for millions of years, maybe they will take a more serious look at Loch Ness.

Why? Since there is no physical evidence, nor even an explanation as to how a plesiosaur of all things could've survived in loch ness.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah. I'm totally skeptic about all of this.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Skeptical of what? The discovery of a plesiosaur fossil in the arctic?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Nice find...i havent hear anything in the news here.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Skeptic that this has anything to do with Nessie.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It is like the media is in the know in, yet doesn't realy flatly state something like it is true.

"In life, 70 million years ago, the five-foot-long animal would have resembled Nessie, the long-necked creature reported to inhabit Scotland's Loch Ness."

This seems awfully like how Oj Simpson said he would kill his wife if he had done it.

The lochness monster doesn't exist, yet if it did it would like this creature.

*wistels*

top topics

join