It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsubstantiated Claims.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's been an interesting day.
Today we've had an email sent to a Muslim newspaper in Britain from a group claiming to be affiliated to Al Qaeda claiming responsibility for carrying out the bombings in Turkey.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Then we have a tape released to another Muslim news source claiming to be from Saddam.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The question is - "What credibility do these sources have?".

In these modern times, is a mere email or audio tape enough to sway your opinion one way or another as to their authenticity and their message?
Nowadays, technology would seem to allow for more complex means of getting your message across, rather than something that seems so anonymous and is so hard to verify. All you need is a laptop and a power source and surely you can do more to prove your point? No doubt in the next few days we will read the opinions of voice experts about the audio tape: they will examine the frequencies and the computer experts will examine the email; but will there ever be a definitive answer as to whether these sources are genuine?

Do you believe that either of these two messages are authentic?

If so, why?

It seems to me that we in the West place far too much trust in the media when they claim to have received these messages. They make headlines that stick in the public's mind when really their basis is no more solid than it would be if someone here at ATS claimed to have seen Elvis.

I guess that one big difference is that nobody here will give you money if you claim to have seen the King.

But if you don't swallow it - what about those who do?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There is a problem I have with just about every media! Credibility. Its next to impossible to verify anything anymore.

Whether Al Jahzeera, Fox News, BBC, CNN, ect.who can you believe?

I wait for other key events to happen before I accept anything as real. Since my govornment and media have repeatedly lied to me, thier credibility is less than zero, until other evidence can be shown to abck it up. Its gotten to the point I almost dont believe them if they told me the sky was blue. (Here in seattle, that would be a lie anyway, the sky is dark grey all the time!)

As for the Saddam Tape.........jury still out there. I doubt its true. Im so sick of these "mysterious" tapes that keep comming up from these deposed terrorists and former dictators. My conclusion is that its more CIA hype.

Al Qaeda and the Turkey bombings? Could be. Could be anyone for that matter. Of course, I find the Turkey bombing undeserving of much thought anymore: its just another body count added to two years of perrenial madness that is getting fuller and fuller of corpses day by day....

In this insane "war" on terrorism, the suspects are always the same: islamic Kooks, CIA, Mossad, take your pick!

join