It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking news: 140 Israeli Spies detained in the US; Israel was probably aware of WTC attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Source

I'm not a champion of Fox News, but I must say this is pretty shocking. An employee of the navy passed secret information on to Israel and more than 140 Israelis are suspected of spying and infiltrating in the US; gathering military and industrial technology. They have been or are all detained under the Patriot Act.

Israeli's have also been spying on Arabs in the US and were probably aware of what is going to happen, however, they did not share this information with US intelligence agencies.

Yep, donating billions of Dollars to Israel in exchange for extensive spying. What more could you wish?

[edit on 11-12-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hard to make a judgment so soon, however, a couple points.

1. Friendly countries spy on each other constantly. The rule of thumb is, just don't get caught.

2. Friendly countries rarely give up crucial information to other countries, not because of the information itself, but because in doing so they may compromise their source. This is a critical problem in making a true international effort to fight terrorism. Even if an intelligence agency learns that an attack is going to happen to another country, they hesitate to warn the other country because their source will be compromised, and the methods they used to gain the information will not work in the future.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Isreali guys on 9/11 that were arrested and let go. I've always thought that Isreal had it's part in 9/11.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm with you Griff. Weren't these guys seen standing there and cheering. I believe I also heard something about them telling the cops that they were Israeli, and that the people they were looking for were Palestinian.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This seems to be a phantom story. Aside from the video footage you posted, I can't find any news on this on any other news wire. I searched for it through Google News and ABC news and zilch, nada...it is not even included on FoxNews.com...what does that tell you? Nothing to report here...move along.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Two stories about 9-11 I've heard repeatedly and would like to see confirmed are one about Sharon, who should have cancelled an official trip to US just 3 days prior to the event. Is that another phantom story?

The other story on my mind was announced on CNN, but only ONCE.
I happened to watch it that one time - a few days after 9-11 - they reported an unusual high number of workers absent in the WTC on the fatal day. Not just they were almost all Jews, but they were orthodox.

Generally I believe what's reported on CNN to be correct.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Source

I'm not a champion of Fox News, but I must say this is pretty shocking. An employee of the navy passed secret information on to Israel and more than 140 Israelis are suspected of spying and infiltrating in the US; gathering military and industrial technology. They have been or are all detained under the Patriot Act.

Israeli's have also been spying on Arabs in the US and were probably aware of what is going to happen, however, they did not share this information with US intelligence agencies.

Yep, donating billions of Dollars to Israel in exchange for extensive spying. What more could you wish?

Your anti-Israel rhetoric is known and established, Mdv2.
Don't be bashful...admit it.

Anyhow, none of which you have linked or commented upon in no way, shape, or form verifies or backs your "probably" assertion concerning Israel and 9/11--WTC attacks. Ironic, huh? I suppose you simply felt the need to produce more of your unsupported and fabled assumptions...:shk:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Your anti-Israel rhetoric is known and established, Mdv2.
Don't be bashful...admit it.

A my Neo-con friend has returned. Very brave, after your amusing appearance in the Dollar collapse thread.
No wonder why the world is such a mess with your kind of people, but hey you can't help it you are like that.

Now I will comment on your claim I'm anti-Israel. To be honest I have heard that more than once. While I don't really mind, most of the time it are Americans or Israelis calling me anti-Israel. Maybe you should take the opportunity to visit Israel yourself and see how Palestinians and other human beings are treated, but no, you rather stay on your isolated island watching your favorite propaganda stories. Doesn't matter, but don't call someone anti-Israeli if you don't have at least a clue on what you are talking about.

You have not even seen in real what is going on there, how Palestinians actually suffer, I did, as a Westerner; as a matter of fact when I was younger I did support the Israeli government as I was propped up with their propaganda, till I discovered that the truth was quite a bit different.

The main reasons for the current mess Israel's aggressive stance, it's policies, and Palestinian extremism.

Please don't come with more ignorant talk on how ''islamofascistic'' all Palestinians and Arabs are, because you make yourself look like an even bigger clown. Start educating yourself and come back then as people like you are the reason for the war in Iraq, are the reason for the violence in the world, and are the reason why fanatics on both sides will never disappear.

Originally posted by Seekerof
assertion concerning Israel and 9/11--WTC attacks. Ironic, huh? I suppose you simply felt the need to produce more of your unsupported and fabled assumptions...:shk:

Maybe you should take the time to read the topic of this thread again if you are capable doing so. Possibly, Israeli intelligence did probably know what horrible crime those Arabs were planning. Secret memos also indicated that the white house had been warned for terrorist attacks by jet liners, yet they failed to take it serious. If Israeli intelligence did share this information the US government could have taken the threat more seriously.

Quite important, huh? 3000 people died that day, being an American yourself I would suppose you would care about that, but hey, some people don't care about anything.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Mdv2
You seem like a smart guy, but how come you still blame Israel for all Palestinian suffering?
Yes, Israelis are no angels and in the past they've made several bad things, but so have the Palestinians. But recently all peace deals have been tattered by Palestinian Fighting Groups either breaking cease fire or otherwise violating the treaties... if they for once took what was offered the suffering would go, but no they got the Gaza free, they kept on firing rockets (at civilian targets) and demanding more... is that justified?

Should i blow my self at Red Square because Russia took 30% of our farm lands after WW2 (and 100% of my familys lands), or should i go on and live my life?

And to avoid full off topic post:
Inteligence is conducted to gain advantage to your country, if sharing it compromises your own safety you don't distripute, not even to your allies. It's simple as that. USA may support Israel, but Israel does what it concideres to be in ITs best interests and frankly that's their right.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by northwolf]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
To be honest I'm surprised there aren't more people on this post. This is some pretty damning evidence on a mainstream platform. The FBI says, I can't tell you of Israeli connection to 9/11 because it is classified" Also, he says that "how could they not know." Also with the Jewish workerw not-showing up on 9/11. How about the Israeli men filming the collpases and laughing before the cops apprehend them for questions. Or Silverstein getting the lease six weeks prior to 9/11.

Oh, Don't get me started on the Bush & Comps agenda and prior knowledge, this is supposed to be about israel.

*disclaimer* This is towards israel regime not Jews. I hate Bush & Comp but that doesn't mean I hate myself for being american.

AAC

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Yes, Israelis are no angels and in the past they've made several bad things, but so have the Palestinians. ... is that justified?

Fully concur with that, both Israeli (e.g. Avigdor Fascist Lieberman) and Palestinian extremism are very harmful to the peace proces. Unless Israel does come with a proposal that makes sense, the situation will only worsen.

Even though I do not agree with the legal occupation of Palestine, Israelis have the right to live there. After all, Israel is a sovereign state, learn to live with it.

The problem, however, is that Israel continues to expand its borders, continues to construct new settlements on Palestinian soil, continues to demolish Palestinian houses, continues to violate UN resolutions, continues to abuse its relations with the Western world to accomplish its policies, continues to disturb Palestinians from living their lives. Not to speak of its nuclear weaponry arsenal, really if you want to act as the policeman of democracy (US) act like it. Democracy does not mean that Israel could have nuclear weapons, while Iran cannot based on the mere opinion that ''we'' do not like Iran.

What Israel should do, is redraw the borders to how they originally were, including the annexation of Syrian, Jordanian, and Lebanese soil. Demolish all settlements on sovereign Palestinian soil, stop violating UN resolutions - which also applies for the illegal occupation of Jerusalem
Only then Palestinians would have no right to complain and would I fully support Israel.

Should i blow my self at Red Square because Russia took 30% of our farm lands after WW2 (and 100% of my familys lands), or should i go on and live my life?

This situation is not comparable at all. Israel continues to expand its state and continues to construct new settlements. I don't believe Russia constructs any settlements in Finland. If they would, it would mean war.

And to avoid full off topic post:
USA may support Israel, but Israel does what it concideres to be in ITs best interests and frankly that's their right.

Utterly nonsense in my opinion. I don't see how sharing intelligence on a possible attack on the US could possibly harm Israeli interests. 3000 people died, it provoked a war in Afghanistan, a (civil)war in Iraq, and worsened relations throughout the world.

But like you say, we're going ontopic due to this Seekerof clown

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Let me put it this way:
Israelis don't tip of USA, since that would compromise their agents in Arab extremist ranks. And if those agents are either neutralized or withdrawn, Israel would loose the "tripwire" that they have against attacks themselves.

in other words, Israelis allow an attack to USA, in order to retain the capability to prevent attacks on their own soil.

sound plausible and legitimate to me (alltough it's nasty for americans, but life is not fair)

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Let me put it this way:
Israelis don't tip of USA, since that would compromise their agents in Arab extremist ranks. And if those agents are either neutralized or withdrawn, Israel would loose the "tripwire" that they have against attacks themselves.

in other words, Israelis allow an attack to USA, in order to retain the capability to prevent attacks on their own soil.

sound plausible and legitimate to me (alltough it's nasty for americans, but life is not fair)

While your theory sounds plausible, I cannot agree. US intelligence did take the possibility of a terrorist attack on US soil into account, yet, governmental bodies failed to take the potential threat memo they received in the summer of 2001, serious. If Israeli intelligence had confirmed US suspicion they maybe wouldn't have failed to take the threat serious. How do you expect Islamic extremists to know that Israeli intelligence supported US suspicion?

In contrast to what you say, I am of opinion that the avoidance of the WTC would have been beneficial for Israeli security interests. Frankly, it would have protected Israel interests

Currently, US forces are stuck in a country which did not even pose a threat to anyone, while Iran has the capability to actual form a threat to Israel interests. Bear in mind that Iran is in the picture for more than 5 years.

Moreover, the morale aspect of possibly being able to avoid the murder of more than 3000 Americans is in my opinion as important as Israeli security. However, that's personal.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Going by the news ticker on the bottom this seems like an old news story that somehow vanished and was made to disappear.

Its definitly not new.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Mdv2
I didn't say it worked out like the Israelis estimated,it all depends how much they knew about US-intentions and about the target of the strike...

Pieman
This sounds like a played down story by the US authorities, just like the Ehud Olmerts slip that israel is a nuclear power
ATSNN Story

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Ok one link to a youtube video that could of easily be doctored simply doesnt cut it, we need more legitimate sources to comment on this.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Utterly nonsense in my opinion. I don't see how sharing intelligence on a possible attack on the US could possibly harm Israeli interests.

Unless Israeli interests were to fuel the Islamophobia that would be generated from such attacks so that they can continue their apartheid policies while the US turns a blind eye. It's entirely possible in my opinion.

I mean compared to the previous administration, the current US administration seems to practically ignore what's going on between Israel and the Palestinians.

Just a thought. I've no proof so don't ask.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.newsfollowup.com...

I'm not sure if the above site has any good / valid links or not, but it might be a good starting place.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Pieman
This sounds like a played down story by the US authorities, just like the Ehud Olmerts slip that israel is a nuclear power
ATSNN Story

I know the entire story of those 140 art students did pretty much disappear just like those guys in New jersey and those Israelis driving those Vans into Manhattan did. I am still surprised to this day that not more was said or done about it. I think there is a big link that has not been divulged here and Im betting if it had it would have led to an attack on Israel.

Ehud today also said that ""Israel won't be the first country to introduce nuclear weapons into the Middle East." I don't understand the meaning of this statement or wether it was some sort of veiled threat especially after he has said this on Monday:
"we have never threatened any nation with annihilation. Iran, openly, explicitly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map. Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel, Russia?"

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This isn't shocking and it isn't news.

It's been discussed here previously. It is widely known that Israel knew about the attacks. They had a camera crew set up across the river from the WTC and were filming (while standing on top of a car) while the whole thing unfolded.

Israel knew. They allowed it. It's understandable, for them to allow it, from their point of view.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join