It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does US approve Drug Trade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It appears that the government is at it again. Under the Taliban, Afghanistan was almost drug free, but now heroin is back with a vengeance. Is it just a reward for our Northern Alliance allies? Is the US government just looking the other way so allies like Gulbudin Hekmatar can reap their just reward for helping the US? First, I think one needs to look back at the CIA’s history of involvement in the drug trade. There is credible evidence that they were involved in the drug trade during the Vietnam conflict. Chapter 10 in Alexander Cockburn and Jeffrey St. Clair’s Whiteout details US involvement in the heroin trade. There is also copious evidence that the CIA was involved in the drug trade in Central America around the time of the Iran-Contra affair. Peter Dale Scott’s Cocaine Politics deals almost exclusively with the Central American drug trade and CIA participation. The late Gary Webb detailed this very problem in his Dark Alliance.

Perhaps that was stated more delicately by Karen DeYoung: “After the overthrow of the Taliban government by U.S. forces in the fall of that year [2001], the Bush administration said that keeping a lid on production among its highest priorities. But corruption and alliances formed by Washington and the Afghan government with anti-Taliban tribal chieftains, some of whom are believed to be deeply involved in the trade, undercut the effort.” The italics are mine. Somehow this brings to mind a Michael Ruppert article, "The Bush-Cheney Drug Empire," published in Nexus Magazine. He wrote, “The Bush family's involvement in drug-running is an open secret, but Dick Cheney's direct link to a global drug pipeline through a US construction company is less well known.” Sparing no toes, Mike takes the next step

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.globalresearch.ca...

There was also a recent thread about smuggling heroin into America in the body bags of dead American soldiers. The fact is quite well established. It looks like they, the CIA, are involved again and it doesn’t stop there. Michael Ruppert, a former LAPD officer, has tracked down the involvement of KBR in the Afghan drug trade and before that in Kosovo. He details how the modern drug trade is carried out with top level collusion and corporate sponsors such as, Halliburton and KBR. That would imply that this drug trade is not only sanctioned but encouraged by Washington. Which brings us to Afghanistan, the production of heroin has blossomed since US involvement there. Hence the recent article by Jerry Mazza, Afghanistan’s Opium Crop at an All-Time High.

How hypocritical of the government to blame it on the Taliban who outlawed poppy production during their rule. What black opts are being funded by the drug money now?
How it is with all the information about the CIA and past involvement in the drug trade that nothing is done. The, “do as I say not as I do” mentality of Washington is unacceptable. How is anyone to take serious anything our government says or does when they have so blatantly supported the most heinous actions? And it’s not just in the past but right now.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The tready between Unocal and the Taliban to build a caspian sea pipeline feel through in the month of August 2001. Effectively, it was the Taliban that walked away from the negotiation table, unhappy due to a 10/90 split with Harmid Kazrai and the Americans.

The ensuing ramifications immediately saw the Taliban burning opium fields as a threat to reconsider the split. Afganistan opium cultivation is a billion dollar industry for the American shadow government, hence 9/11 aka PNAC was immediately implemented to gain complete control of the opium production and build a pipeline.

[edit on 11-12-2006 by syntaxer]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Precisely, but why is nothing done? Is the 'whole' government involved or a they fearful of retribution?

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with the government being involved in the drug trade. While it would certainly be very hypocritical, the fact is that the prohibition on drugs is itself unconstitutional and a bane to our society. All drugs should be legalized for recreational uses.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey Syntax

Great little bit of info about the breakdown of negotiations
for the pipeline in August of 2001-

of all the motives I have heard for 9-11 (in the scenario that is
was orchestrated by the USA), that for sure is the best-
most logical and most convincing.

However- what does PNAC stand for?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
You want to know something really interesting now that you mention this. And this is no joke. But all of the sudden, opium is aplenty here in my part of NC. I never thought of it before, but now this connection is bound to be made. Kinda wierd now that someone writes this thread opium is plentiful in western NC.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I agree with Southern Cross3,it should all be legalized.I myself don't use drugs,butI have dabbled in pot in my younger days.But it seems to me the government makes money importing then busts the dealers and gets money from them by confiscating the dealers homes, cars ,boats,etc. so its a win/win situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms

However- what does PNAC stand for?

Thanks

PNAC - The Project for the New American Century (neo-con doctorine)

The fundamental essence of PNAC's ideology is to create a global American empire through restructuring defenses, startegy, forces and resources. In this NWO doctorine towards global human enslavement, one of their major reports, written in 2000, noted that "the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event like a new Pearl Harbor." Hence September 11th was an inside job.

Other PNAC Neo-Con mandates include:

* Reposition permanently based forces to Southern Europe, Southeast Asia
and the Middle East.

* Modernize U.S. forces, including enhancing our fighter aircraft,
submarine and surface fleet capabilities.

* Develop and deploy a global missile defense system, and develop a
strategic dominance of space.

* Control the "International Commons" of cyberspace.

* Increase defense spending to a minimum of 3.8 percent of gross domestic
product, up from the 3 percent currently spent.

A fundamental source of revenue to carry out this mandate of global warfare , is quite simply the opium cultivation taking place in Afganistan. Opium production has clearly continued to increase year after year since the invasion/occupation following 9/11. US Congress in a haste decision has complied to 70% of PNAC doctorine with more to follow.

[edit on 12-12-2006 by syntaxer]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
As a Libertarian who's gearing up to do some political work when I get a chance, I've studied the War on Drugs a bit, and it's a government conspiracy if there ever was one. Dealers are rarely shut down and jailed, because the government has a policy that if they squeal on someone else, they'll get off. Clearly, big drug lords have an endless list of people they can inform on. It's the guy down the street who started selling weed for rent money who gets turned in by the drug lord. The drug lord goes free, the guy down the street gets canned for up to the rest of his life.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
remember that there is all ways a bigger fish in the pond. Like you said if you get the guy with the rent money the Drug lord drops him like a bad habbit. I believe if you want to really hurt these guys just make them legal and start charging taxes on them. You will see how long street prices last. That five million dollar stash now became twenty five thousand really quickly.

top topics

join