It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter Plagiarist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The former President most noted for His Administration of Inaction, is currently trying to stay in the limelight as an author.

Trouble is, he is having some difficulty using original work..

WASHINGTON — Former President Jimmy Carter faced new criticism Friday over his controversial book on Palestinian lands when a former Middle East diplomat accused him of improperly publishing maps that did not belong to him.
The new charge came as Carter attempted to counter charges from a former top aide that the book manipulates facts to distort history.
Ambassador Dennis Ross, a former Mideast envoy and FOX News foreign affairs analyst, claims maps commissioned and published by him were improperly republished in Carter's book.

"I think there should be a correction and an attribution," Ross said. "These were maps that never existed, I created them."

~~~~~~~

Kenneth Stein, director of the Institute for the Study of Modern Israel, resigned Tuesday as Middle East Fellow of the Carter Center of Emory University, stating in his resignation letter that "President Carter's book on the Middle East, a title too inflammatory to even print, is not based on unvarnished analyses; it is replete with factual errors, copied materials not cited, superficialities, glaring omissions, and simply invented segments."
"The purpose of the book should be to try to bring people together, to try and reconcile them. He published in the LA Times because his book tour is going in that direction," Stein said. "I'm a historian, I believe in the integrity of my profession, I believe that things should be written accurately, even if you disagree with them."

~~~~~~~

"I just want to be sure that when people write history, people don't do it for purpose of special pleading," Stein told FOXNews.com on Thursday. "They write it the way it was. They don't try to shape a person's opinion and slide them down a path in order to come to an inevitable conclusion."
www.foxnews.com...

Also here is the link to the Resignation Letter..

www.foxnews.com...

Often critical of the current Administration and most things Conservative, it seems he is not happy just being made fun of on the Political Scene and Television. Now he feels it necessary to give us his opinion in the form of a book.

Where was all this Action when he was the President?

Why does this man not just fade into obscurity and stop making a fool of himself?

Semper

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I had to chuckle when I read this. Carter trys to make himself come off as such a good person and so caring of others. Guess he didn't care about those he creatively ripped off.

As far as why he keeps making a fool of himself ... it seems that the older he gets, the further left he gets. Radical _____ (fill in the political and/or religious blank) is usually both comical and dangerous. At least most Americans see that he has become a flake and therefore he's much less dangerous then he could be.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Semper - perhaps you have forgotten, or are not old enough to remember, the significant accomplishments of President Carter.

The most notable in my humble opinion are the Eqypt/Israel treaty, Soviet SALT II treaty, and setting up diplomatic relations with China.

He's was also awarded the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
... the significant accomplishments of President Carter...
and setting up diplomatic relations with China.

To remember that it was Richard M. Nixon who made the large steps towards normal relations with China, all Carter did was circumvent Congress.

Carter had criticized Nixon and Kissinger's secrecy in making foreign policy, but his administration conducted its China policy in the same manner, minus the finesse. Carter chose the day after Congress adjourned for the winter holidays to announce that normalization with China would commence on January 1, 1979. Not only did he fail to consult Congress, but also he disregarded its vote, barely a week earlier, that no relations were to be established with China at the expense of Taiwan.

www.cnn.com...

Taiwan just being one of many countries who were sacrificed on the "Peanut Altar" to the 'gods" of appeasement and poor judgement. Jimmy Carter never met a dictator he didn't love, nor wish to get on his knees and satisfy, with only the virtue of democracy to suffer.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe he should write a book on how not to rescue hostages, and how to respond to the invasion of a sovereign country by hitting them with a purse... Errr... Olympics...

His latest "predicament" is indicative of the fraud he truly is...

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This must be the crowning achievement of the peanut farmer I think he's surprised even his harshest critics by how low he's gone this time. He's proven himself to an anti-semite, liar, and thief in addition traitor, wackjob and lagomorph prey.

Way to go Carter!

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shawnna
He's was also awarded the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.

Yasser Arafat was awarded the 'Peace' Prize as well. He was a murdering terrorist and homoexual pedophile.

Carter got the award, not because of any good that he did, but because it was a message from the far left anti-American bunch of Nobel Judges .. it was ment to embarass President Bush.

The Nobel Prize is nothing much more than poltiics at it's worst these days. Too bad. It should actually mean something good. But not anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You have voted FlyersFan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

And that is the TRUTH...

In case some need to be reminded of what that is...

Semper

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
When ever an American political figure releases a politically loaded book the author seems to be automatically accused of plagiarism. I can remember threads dealing with Ann Coulter alleged plagiarism when she brought her most recent book out. The accusations could be a political ploy more then anything else.

df1

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Maybe he should write a book on how not to rescue hostages...

The hostages were released on the very day of reagan's inauguration. VP candidate Bush met with the iranian pm several weeks prior to the 1980 presidential election election and made a deal to provide iran with weapons to wage ware against iraq in exchange for delaying the release of the US hostages until after that election.

I'd read that book...

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The book I want to read would be regarding Operation Eagle Claw.

Maybe Jimmy would deign to reveal the depth of his intellect and scope of military operations regarding that little "incident."

[edit on 11/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

df1

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The book I want to read would be regarding Operation Eagle Claw.

Maybe Jimmy would deign to reveal the depth of his intellect and scope of military operations regarding that little "incident."

It seems to me that OEC was little more than a series of tactical blunder by the military planners under carter, while iran contra is full of intrigue, treason and corruption. And given the current state of affairs, it seems like iran contra has the potential of a book sequel once more of the facts concerning the current situation in the ME are revealed.

new topics

top topics

join