It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustEvery1
I spoke to Dan Aykroyd 2 years ago when he was at the hollywood palms here in chicago about the ufo footage and these were his exact words

"Oh that's over and done with, you want me to sign this?"

What? You are supposed to be so deep into this and you just brush it off? Somebody must have gotten to him.

Or it's possible that he looked into it and truly felt there was nothing to it.

Not every person interested in the UFO phenomenon is going to be in agreement about every UFO case.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
there is only two reasons why the flying saucer when to the airport:
1. to refuel
2. to pick up the mail

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

More like nothing ELSE to it. The saucer hovered over the airport for a short time and then took off. There is nothing more to know or to talk about. The event happened and was done and over with.

There is no mystery here, except for what the saucer was doing there. What were the aliens looking at that they would not already know about from flying over airports for 50 years?

You would think they could just hover 20,000 feet in the air and film every part of an airport and study it later. Why the close observation?

But that was something Dan could not answer, and so he moved on to the next sighting.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I really wish this topic could be revisited! I personally feel this is one of the more credible events in the history of the UFO topic! Witnessed by hundreds of people, some of which were pilots! Yet, swept under the carpet for fear of losing their jobs. Amazing event nonetheless! There is something there, sadly, it was covered up pretty well. A shame the pics and videos were confiscated!
edit on 22-12-2013 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EngineerGuY

This case always stood out to me, as well.

Although I don't recall 'hundreds' of witnesses, the one's we got a chance to interact with here, seemed very credible with cohesive interlocking accounts of what happened.

And I don't recall any 'gotcha' moments that discounted any of the witness testimony.

The lack of additional images, vids or witness accounts, even to this day, is disappointing and somewhat surprising .

Short of a resurface of one of the witnesses or corroborating photos I'm not really sure what else can be done as far as investigation ?

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

EngineerGuY
I really wish this topic could be revisited! I personally feel this is one of the more credible events in the history of the UFO topic! Witnessed by hundreds of people, some of which were pilots! Yet, swept under the carpet for fear of losing their jobs. Amazing event nonetheless! There is something there, sadly, it was covered up pretty well. A shame the pics and videos were confiscated!
edit on 22-12-2013 by EngineerGuY because: (no reason given)

There really is nothing left to discuss until some better evidence comes forth. All we have are stories. No radar reports and no video or even photos (none of which on their own would be good evidence but together they start to approach that threshold).

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Unless I missed some recent evidence, I'm only aware of the one 'legit' photo.

Been a while but as I recall the several other photos that were proffered were proven to be faked/hoaxed.

I'm still surprised no other legit pics came out considering the supposed time it was in view.

Perhaps at some point the airport employees that were pressured to keep quiet may retire and offer up something more than just another account.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Okay, every now and then I scan for updates on the O'Hare sighting, today I found these two comments after the article, thought they were interesting……. Note: if this theory has already been posted in this massive thread, then sorry, I must've missed it.

Source: www.ghosttheory.com...

Now you know Henry • 2 months ago
There is footage. My company is in the security industry and I know the integrator that supports the camera system there. They have sweeping pan tilt zoom camera coverage of the runway and exterior exits. The board operator was asked to zoom in on "something" in the sky. What was seen was metallic and very similar to a drone. The govt seized the footage on the basis of national security. What was caught was a surveillance drone that uses active camoflauge malfunctioning so that it was visible. The real concern is what it was doing in civilian air space.
1 •Reply•Share ›

Now you know Now you know • 2 months ago −
One more thing, the camera was a Pelco PTZ. I mention that because there is also a dome camera that can't see above the horizon due to its design. This camera is on a motorized mount and is able to point up as well as down. Obviously this was 2006 and the cameras have been replaced since then with a newer IP system.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Now THAT is interesting!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

I know persons whose family has depended on the airport for their livelihood, for a couple of generations now.

Recently I had occasion to run into two of them, who still work there. They have low level, patronage gigs, basically.

So I brought the sighting up.

Both of them acted as though I were babbling.

To clarify, it went no further than 'did you hear anything about the sighting over United gate such and such...?' before it was politely dropped. They had never heard anything of it, apparently.

In my opinion, the appearance was meant for a specific someone, probably an intervention of sorts (and Gawd knows I keep this thought to myself).

By Way of Reception.....

# 133
edit on 22-1-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWhiteKnight

Cool . Thanks for passing that on. Can't beat first hand data.

I must say though, seems odd that a multi-generational presence would not be in the know,
if only from the news notoriety.

I'd expect an incident like that would have made it through the normal employee grapevine.

IIRC, the Ohare ground crew was 'contained' fairly quickly .
Perhaps that had some bearing ?

I've also been told ground crews are somewhat infamous for on the job shenanigans.

Although I don't get that kind of feel about this incident, was wondering if you've
any anecdotes on that subject ?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

That account smells kinda fishy, IMO.

first he works for the security company

then he knows what went on in the control room

and

on top of that also has intimate details on the object, itself ?

Seems like different 'compartments' to moi.

Thanks for passing on the link, though.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I remember this exactly and I have a clue but I don't know what it means. On Nov 7 I gad to drop my husband off at work in bourbonnais which is an hour south of chicago. I am positive of the date because after I dropped him off I was going to vote. I was headed west when I saw this huge egg colored 747 or bigger very low in the sky to my right. It scared me cause it was moving very slow if at all and it was low to the ground. ..and I had never seen a plane do thAt. It had no markings and was completely egg white colir. It was so odd that I wracked my brain trying to remember where I had heard of unmarked white large planes before and then I remembered. ..911. So while I have no clue what was seen at the airport. ...I am positive that a unmarked 747 was seen an hour south of there at the correct time.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You would think they could just hover 20,000 feet in the air and film every part of an airport and study it later. Why the close observation?

a reply to: spiritualarchitect

There are two types of surveillance.

Overt, and covert.

They wanted to be seen, seen by a certain party.

# 445

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Nov 7 marks 10 years since this incident! Personally this is one of the more credible sightings ever!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Only photo I remember seeing from oHare back in the dark days was a hole punched in the cloud layer..

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This event needs re-examined and investigated again

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EngineerGuY

Any reason in particular?

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EngineerGuY
This event needs re-examined and investigated again

Go right ahead. However, there are a thousand other UFO reports that could probably use a fresh investigation before this one. Cases with a lot more physical evidence than this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113 >>

join