It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Five Posters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sorry UP, but I was not commenting on your response to FM, but the fact that you started this thread. Which only seems to propogate this foolish myth that high post count = good poster. That is a false assertion.

Case in point, the First winner of the Best Poster award is John Bull 1, he has been here for less than a month, and has only 86 posts to his name compared to the many hundreds some of us have racked up. But recieved the Best Poster award due to the quality of his posts. They don't have to be world breaking essays, but merely coherent, readable, interesting, and most of all worthwhile contributions to the topic.

I was not attacking you personally UP, but threads like this only encourage newer posters to think that posting as much as possible is the correct way to behave, which is simply not the case.

[Edited on 11-10-2002 by Kano]

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ok Kano.

But I did this topic like a joke, nothing more. Everybody know that quantity is not equal to quality, so, this topic was just what is it: a joke.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good good, I'm still glad we have made it simpler for the more recent additions to the board to realise that. The old belgian sense of humour can be quite hard to decipher at the best of times

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

The old belgian sense of humour can be quite hard to decipher at the best of times

Even in Belgium, it's hard to find someone who can understand my humour.

So, I'll not blame you.

But I think that's a good one, cuz all my friends like my humour, my familly also, and my home is a happy & funny home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join