It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of the Antichrist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Few people in the U.S. have never heard of the Antichrist. This is a myth that has been perpetrated by the well-meaning but ill-informed Christian eschatologist for many years. The fact is, there is no antichrist.

The word “antichrist” was used by only one author in the New Testament. The apostle John who is given credit for the fourth Gospel and the Book of Revelation is believed to have written his epistle 1 John somewhere between A. D. 85 – 95.

1Jo 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jo 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is * the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jo 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Many eschatologists believe that the same John who wrote the fourth Gospel and the three letters (1, 2, and 3 John) also wrote the Book of Revelation. It is believed that this book was written around A.D. 96. If it is the same John, why did he not refer to the antichrist in this entire book? The answer is antichrist is not a person, but a spirit of belief. The belief that the Jesus of the New Testament is not the Son of God, equal to God, and the Messiah is the antichrist. Anyone who believes this is a deceiver and antichrist.

A study of the Book of Revelation shows that there is not one all powerful person who will rule the world. It shows three beasts. The first is the dragon (Satan) who gives power to the second and third beast. The second is the Beast from the waters which is the one world government and possibly the person who rules it. The third is the Beast from the earth that is the false prophet or one world religion and possibly the head of that organization. It is the second beast that most people call “The Anitchrist.”

There is no Antichrist. There are many antichrists. There are people who call themselves Christians who are actually antichrists. There are many antichrists on this site. John never used the word to describe one person but to describe everyone who does not believe Jesus, the Messiah, has come in the flesh. In other words, everyone who does not believe that the Jesus of the New Testament is the Messiah is antichrist.

The danger in looking for a boogeyman is that it takes our focus from the solution and places it on the problem. The problem and solution are both outlined in Revelation. According to the Bible Jesus the Messiah is the solution. If you don’t believe the Bible, it says you are antichrist.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The world is not ruled by committee at that time.

Go high enough...........and there is always one man.

There is an antichist, evil one.............Son of Predition.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
excellent excellent post... Thank you.. Keep up the light show.. I love it when people dig treasures out of their field..

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
check out Revelations 9:11
(now ain't that eerie?...9:11 !)

paraphraze: And the King over them was named Abaddon, Apollyon...

an anti-christ attitude or worldview is one aspect, but there is also a corporeal
person who will embody an anti-christian way of life & ethics & morality...

and cause some others to embrace hedonism, social-economic darwinism,
genocide of lower strata humanity for the elites personal gain-gratification
& life extending medical procedures... among many other perversions.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Actually, most call the second beast the "Antichrist", while the third beast is supposed to be his False Prophet. This view is the premise of the popular "Left Behind" series.

It is merely a name. I believe that "the Antichrist" will represent the pinnacle of disbelief in Christ. While many have come before who make claims against the valididity of Christ, the "antichrist" will embody all of these to the point that he is, in essence, that spirit of unbelief.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

paraphraze: And the King over them was named Abaddon

I post as Abaddon on a social forum
I guess that makes me the Angel of the Abyssyou wouldn't be surprised how many people have never even heard of him
let alone how many believe he exists
on common terms he only actually appears in one well known highly fictional book so the chances are that Ronald Mcdonald is far more real
If i were you I'd be worried about his plans for global dominationhes already in most countries on earth and no one seems to have noticed how sinister he is

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I will take all of this even a step further. Not only are non-believers anti Christs, but so are the proclaimed 'believers' who do not follow the true teachings of Christ...

What are the essential teachings of christ?

1. Love thy neighbor... This applies to all things. If your "neighbor" does not believe as you do,that doesn't mean that you chastise him and threaten him with a "hell," just to get him/her to believe as you do.

2. Live and let live. See above for explanation

3. Know that God loves all people. I have to laugh when people declare a certain group of people as "God's people." All people are God's people.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
it's obvious that any religion needs some sort of source of fear to inspire people to follow it

christianity has the fear of:
hell
the devil
and the antichrist/end of the world scenario

so yes, there is a conspiracy of fear here

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
People tend to interpret the symbolism used by John of Patmos using their contemporary times as a frame of reference. Since we do not live in his times we cannot understand his symbolism anymore than he could understand ours. Our way of life, our standards of justice, our systems of government and our concept of God is very different than his was.

Every generation for the last 2000 years has believed THEY were living in the end times and that the antichrist was whatever evil or unpopular thing or person that was contemporary to them.

We still do this today and so will the people 100 or 1000 years from now.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it's obvious that any religion needs some sort of source of fear to inspire people to follow it

christianity has the fear of:
hell
the devil
and the antichrist/end of the world scenario

so yes, there is a conspiracy of fear here

Yes there is a Hell and a devil. Yes there is fear....not unlike the fear a criminal would have of being caught “in the act” of committing a crime.....because he knows there is a price to pay for committing these crimes, he is fearful of the inevitable consequences of his actions. Is it the laws fault that he is fearful? He knows the rules.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
1Jo 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the fleshis not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jo 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Jesus Christ is come in the flesh

This was written roughly 30-60years AFTER Jesus ascended.

This is stil applicable today.

So the key question should be not "who is the anti-christ?" but "where is Jesus in the flesh today?"

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I agree with the initial post.

Antichrist is against Christ. There can be many of them, just as Christ says he is in all of us. There can be one, or their can be many.

But following the ways of Christ...now therein is a question.

Love the Almighty God...Check

Love one another...Check

Love they enemey..Check...

So the Lord speaks and says...if you honor love one another, you have fullfilled all the Laws of the Prophets.

Then comes the part no one wants to do....

"The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me"

The Apostles understood it...if you read about the believers.

Shed your materialism. Understand you are stewards of the earth, and not owners. Systems that work for all. That feed all, that house all.

Every 2.5 seconds...someone dies of starvation

The Antichrists are alive and well in the world today. If one wants to look at the beast..all you have to do is take your wallet out.

A system where no one can buy or sell or trade without the mark or the number. Try selling without a tax number or money.

Peace

[edit on 24-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
What are the essential teachings of christ?

The Beatitudes and the greater two commandments - Love your neighbor as yourself and love God with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength. He also asked the man who wished to follow him if he kept all the commandments given by Moses (10 commandments). So Christ must have thought they were important otherwise he wouldn't have brought those up.

- Beatitudes
- 2 greater commandments
- 10 Commandments

2. Live and let live.

Sorry SpeakerofTruth ... but I don't see that anywhere in Christ's teachings. Actually, the exact opposite. He told his followers to go out and preach and change people. Simeon the prophet, in the temple during Christ's dedication, fortold over the baby Jesus that he would make big changes.

There is no live and let live in Christ's teachings. Sorry. But it's the opposite.
Don't get mad at me Speaker ... I just had to chime in.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
an anti-christ attitude or worldview is one aspect, but there is also a corporeal person

Exactly.

There are many anti-christs (lower case letters) but there will be one 'who will come in his own name and that people will follow' - the son of perdition.

2 Thess. 2:3-10
Let no man deceive you by any means: for unless there come a revolt first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, who opposeth, and is lifted up above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself as if he were God. Remember you not, that when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now you know what witholdeth, that he may be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity already worketh: only that he who now holdeth, do hold, until he be taken out of the way. And then that wicked one shall be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus shall kill with the Spirit of his mouth: and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: him, whose coming is according to the working of Satan, in all power, and signs, and lying wonders. And in all seduction of iniquity to them that perish: because they received not the love of the truth that they might be saved. Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying.

Apocolypse 13:7
It was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them. And power was given him over eveyr tribe, and people, and tongue, and nation. And all that dwellupon the earth adored him, whose names are not written in the book of life.

Apoc 13:15
It was given him to give life to the image of the beast and that the image of the beast should speak: and should cause that whosoever will not adore the image of the beast should be slain.

Daniel 8:23-25
When iniquity shall be grown up, there shall arise a king of a shameless face, and understanding dark sentences. And his power shall be strengthened, but not by his own force: and he shall lay all things waste, and shall prosper, and do more than can be believed. And he shall destroy the mighty and the people of the saints, according to his will, and craft shall be successful in his hand: and his heart shall be puffed up, and in the abundance of allthings he shall kill many: and he shall rise up against the Prince of Princes, and shall be broken without hand.

[edit on 12/24/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Although there are many people who can be said to have the Spirit of Christ in them to the extent that they express the holy attributes of Jesus...only Jesus Christ is the complete and perfect incarnation of that Spirit.
So, we do not say that everyone who manifests Christ IS Christ.

In the same way, even though there may be many people who manifest the evil characteristics of anti-Christ, that does not mean that they ARE the anti-Christ. The anti-Christ is a single individual who will fully manifest the spirit of evil.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If we quote scripture..then read scripture and listen to a brother...

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

For I Dream nearly daily. Anywhere from 1 to 10 plus dreams. I dreamt of Raising the dead.

I have seen Christ Crucified in my dream.

I have seen the glimmering Clouds.

And this dream Im going to tell you is one merely some days ago...maybe 5 days ago...

I was outside on a busy street corner. There were many people there. I saw people of all types. An elderly coulple drove up to the corner in a white limo that was covered with soot. I knew them. They asked for directions to the manager of the building I live in. They went back across traffic and their Limo was sparkling white. So much so that I thought it was possibly a different car. I saw a woman on my right, and a man on my left. Both had babies. The woman stared at me at great length before she bent down to clean the diaper. The man on my left, when I looked, he was already doen. There was a Tiny blue diaper nice and neat waiting to be picked up, but had not been closed up yet.

While were were standing there, I was cleaning my sun Glasses that were in my hand. I heard something that sounded like Thunder. The sky was typical average overcast bright. At that moment, the sky INSTANTLY WENT TO DUSK ( NEAR DARK ). I knew at that moment, that the Lord was here.

You quote; But... Do you believe your scripture?

" your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams "

I have given you some of my dreams..or visions..

Maybe you would like to hear the one after it with the men who had snow white hair?

At what point do you use scripture to validate what some men are seeing...

I can assure you, I am seeing things, as a man, I have never seen.

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Last I remember, many Biblical scholars were assuming that Revelations did not apply to a future time, but more applicable to the Roman empire...

Granted, I haven't looked too deeply into it, but would be an interesting analysis...

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Last I remember, many Biblical scholars were assuming that Revelations did not apply to a future time, but more applicable to the Roman empire...

Granted, I haven't looked too deeply into it, but would be an interesting analysis...

I agreed with that view at one time. A thorough examination of Revelations, however, convinced me that it was prophetic of a future event. Consider these two verses:

Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Revelation 17:
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

These verses suggest that that the author is seeing a government unfold that is in the future rather than the present (as from his perspective) or past (as from our perspective).

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
SpeakerofTruth is very smart. I agree with him on most of his posts. I also think Darkelf is incorrect on this matter. The anti-christs are all around you.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
A study of the Book of Revelation shows that there is not one all powerful person who will rule the world.

There is no Antichrist. There are many antichrists. There are people who call themselves Christians who are actually antichrists. There are many antichrists on this site. John never used the word to describe one person but to describe everyone who does not believe Jesus, the Messiah, has come in the flesh

Well I have been saying this since 2004 on my very first post on this site. I am glad to see that someone else has come to the same conclusion.

There is a mix up that was intentionally started by the “little horn” mentioned in Daniel, who was an Anti-Christ. If you are a student of history and specifically of Rome, you can easily see that the “Little Horn” is the Pontifex Maximus, a position that originated with the Emperors of Rome and continued to the later Pontiffs. The two positions match on a near one to one basis. The powers and actions of the two are exact. This also explains why John, who was already on the Roman “hit list”, was so cryptic about his writings.

However; Rome did not care for the folks that figured this out and thus started the “Great Deception” mentioned in the Bible. They had to alter folks thinking on the Prophecies of the Bible, so they had two Jesuit monks come up with alternate schools of interpretation. Thus was born Preterism, and Futurism. Naturally, all three of these Wiki entries are constantly in dispute, and changing to this day; as those that wish to hide the truth fight over it in their forums.

Here is the truth, to my knowledge, on the subject:

There are four beasts in Daniel, and a fifth mentioned in Revelations. All beasts are governments or countries, world controlling super-powers of their time. They are as follows:

1) Babylon
2) Media/Persia
3) Greece
4) Rome
5) A final super-power based on the one before, most likely the US.

The “Little Horn” is a person that was to be in control of the Fourth Beast, or Rome. Rome never really ended, it still exists to this day as a religious organization, and one that many Christians have suffered for. How many offences have Christians answered for that were not done by their personal Christian Religious groups, but rather by Rome? Rome, that never really ended but changed form, is "the Beast that was, then was not, but is"…

Thus the last beast who enforces the mark is the last Super-Power that is based on the worldly system of Rome. The mark is something that is pushed on folks by that last system, and it relates back to the system in line with being a Roman Citizen. IMHO, it is the national ID system that is being push not only on the US, but also on all her allied countries, Canada, Mexico, the UK, Australia, etc…

It’s kind of funny that if you refuse to get the National ID that you forfeit your rights as an American Citizen (Read Roman Citizen), isn’t it? Up to and including the possibility of being tortured as a Terrorist.

The mark only really has a few criteria: One, that you cannot earn a living without it; two, that it includes some form of Bio-Metric ID (Finger prints, or Retina scans); three, that It’s issuing government relates back to the beast before it, Rome; and Four, that you may be put to death for refusing it.

What other country is threatening to take folks rights away to the point they loose their citizenship and ability to survive?
What other country has called fire down from the heaven?
What other country is the bastion of worldliness?
What other country does the rest of the world wonder after?
What country has a system based so much on Rome?

With that in mind what other country fits this bill?

[edit on 12/28/2006 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join