It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using sea platforms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
First their was Sea Launch, then a defense radar platform. So sea platforms are becoming the latest ways to place things out of view of the public.

Sea Launch:
i114.photobucket.com...

Defense radar platform:
i114.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In a word NO ,

“sea launch “ biggest selling point is that it allows selection of an optimal launch point for a given orbital insertion – allowing fuel savings and higher payloads

Also as the launch barge can receive its payload and rocket booster from ports in the USA , different ports if required – and deliver both to a launch site . usually at the equator

Sealauch platform is also largely immune to political unrest and natural disasters – as it can usually retreat out of “ harms way “ , a trick that a land based facility cannot match

As opposed to say the ESA launch site in Guyana , where all materiel and personnel must be shipped to a remote location – sea launch can load up everything it needs – at a friendly port before embarking to its launch co ordinates

The radar platform is also mobile it can be repositioned to respond to new threats and be brought to bear in new theatres of operation .

Also being ocean based it has unrestricted horizons [ if positioned far from land ]

and being away from land - it can escape magnetic and electronic interference from mineral deposits , power lines etc etc

Seaborne platforms are not inherently stealthy or immune to scrutiny. They have to be guilt in the public gaze – and their slow course can be easily plotted .

They are however flexible , as I have noted .

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes i know the stats and all the infomration on Sea Launch and the Defense platform.

I am just briging up the point that more and more things are being put on sea platforms that can be kept out the normal public eye.

join