It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony thinks the Wii is more fun then the ps3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
blog.wired.com...

THIS IS WHAT SONY THINKS OF THE WII!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up

i dont understand how sonyfanboys can laugh at the wii , when their wonderful company(if u ignore TOOLKIT) even thinks the wii is more fun then the ps3.

dont listen to me an admitted nintendo fanboy when i say the wii rocks. LISTEN TO SONY WHEN THEY SAY THE WII IS MORE FUN!

peace

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable

blog.wired.com...

That's the whole quote Nintendo Fan Boy. He clearly states the Wii is more fun, if you exclude the PS3. The Wii is fun, if you just want games. He says the PS3 has more broad entertainment, Games, DvDs, music, photos, connection with the PSP.

Sorry, I guess you didn't think anyone would actually click on the link and read the whole page.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
um hi , what part of ITS MORE FUN , dont you understand????

u cant say its more fun , unless you are comparing it to something else. he was comparing the ps3 and the wii at the moment if you cant comprehend that.

what am i saying, ive read a couple of your post today.

peace

[edit on 6-12-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable

blog.wired.com...

Read it all, not the first sentance.

Wii is a core GAMING device, where the PS3 has Games, Blu-Ray, music, Photos, and interoperability with the PSP. Are you getting that? Wii has fun games, but the PS3 has games, and Blu-Ray, music, photos, and the connection with PSP. I'll say it again just for you.

Wii has fun games, but the PS3 has games, Blu-Ray, Music, Photos, and the Interoperability to the PSP.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i didnt say the ps3 lacked blueray and all that. I QUOTED SONY AND THEY SAID THE WII IS MORE FUN.

THE WII IS MORE FUN, THE WII IS MORE FUN, THE WII IS MORE FUN , THE WII IS MORE FUN.

that is what sony stated. u cant deny that, and confusing the discussion wont work on me.
peace

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
No... What he said was...

blog.wired.com...

You don't even quote the whole second sentence! You quote half a sentence then say that is what the guy said, so I will turn this around on you.

"I QUOTED SONY IS MORE FUN. u cant deny that," Elitegamer23
I only quoted part of what you said, and if you say you didn't say it, I'll say you did by only quoting part of your sentence.

He says, the Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a BROADER ENTERTAINMENT SOLUTION; SO YOU CAN HAVE YOUR FUN, ENJOYABLE GAMING ... BUT THEN YOU HAVE A WHOLE SUITE OF OTHER APLLICATIONS ... SUCH AS BLU-RAY...

Wii is a game system, PS3 is a game system, and movie system, and music, and photos, and everything the Wii isn't.

BTW, I got to get going, will pick this up with you later. Say more things I can partially quote and turn on you like you do with this.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Um Hi]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
you make me laugh, and i wonder if you question why no ps3 fanboys have joined you in this discussion. here to make you happy ill post the whole paragraph.

Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution; so you can have your fun, enjoyable gaming ... but then you have a whole suite of other applications ... such as Blu-ray media playback, the ability to access your music, access your photos and the interoperability with the PlayStation Portable.

now i ask you why its so hard for you to see that sony said the wii is more fun. here ill show you where to look.

Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up

now if that didnt help, ill narrow it down for you .

more fun

sorry but i cant help you any more then that. if you fail to see where sony said the wii is MORE FUN then i give up.

at least make sense when having a discussion. i notice you are a noobie here, i just hope you arent here to troll. sincerly mr link avatar.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
blog.wired.com...

THIS IS WHAT SONY THINKS OF THE WII!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont understand how sonyfanboys can laugh at the wii , when their wonderful company(if u ignore TOOLKIT) even thinks the wii is more fun then the ps3.

dont listen to me an admitted nintendo fanboy when i say the wii rocks. LISTEN TO SONY WHEN THEY SAY THE WII IS MORE FUN!

peace

Yeah, but they are also not lazy americans who love cheeseburgers. I think it would be an accomplishment for a couch potato to say this. Also, i don't think they are going to say bad things about it, they need all of the good publicity they can get right now.

"Yeah, well, we here at Sony think that the Wii sucks." :bnghd:

Could you imagine what that would do to them? It would make them look arrogant (especially in Japan) and people would feel that Sony is waaaaay to confident about their product selling.

Japanese people (for the most part) are generally more respectful than a lot of Americans, so it really doesn't surprise me that they said something like that, also the fact that it is a business and you want to seem like nice guys to the public. Can't have them being mad at you, you know.

LOL, I just saw that you signed your last post as Mr Link Avatar, that's great! I know where it comes from, but the fact that you said it again, too funny!

[edit on 7/12/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
actually it was the sony rep in austalia that said the wii is more fun. it was most likely a freudian slip

im america, i love cheeseburgers but im far from lazy. just thought id throw that in. im not saying americans arent lazy and fat, its true 60% of us are, but not all of us. btw, bacon on my cheeseburger please.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I have kept an open mind when it comes to the Wii and even if I dont buy one which is very likely I hope that the console dose introduce gaming to a new group of people.
$500NZ dollars is a bit much to pay for a console that I have some reservations about. However if it was available at the US retail price I would be more keen.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

"Yeah, well, we here at Sony think that the Wii sucks." :bnghd:

Could you imagine what that would do to them? It would make them look arrogant (especially in Japan) and people would feel that Sony is waaaaay to confident about their product selling.

[edit on 7/12/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

If they just wanted to be nice they could have said "the Wii is a great system" easy, but they have said it is more fun...
I always found the GOOD gamecube games to be funner that ps2, BUT playstation have always had more mature games other than ones out on all systems, I hope that changes with the Wii, already they have that sword fighting game and that looks quiet mature (dont know the name) but it looks as if they will do mre adult games...

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Again, you quote only half of the second sentence! So, once again...
"I QUOTED SONY IS MORE FUN. u cant deny that," Elitegamer23
Don't deny you said it, I'm quoting you, the same way youa re quoting SONY.

Anyone who were to quote the WHOLE SENTENCE would read that he says it a more fun gaming system, but the PS3 is MORE ENTERTAINING as it has games and movies, photos, music, etc.

[edit on 8-12-2006 by Um Hi]

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Doesn't the Wii connect to the DS for some games? Anyway, I've played both, and the Wii is more fun. And when I'm going for a new console system, I'm not looking for a DVD player (got one) don't need it to play music (got that too) don't need it to show photos (got that already). I buy a game console to play games, and I prefer my games to be fun.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Most DvD players can't play Blu-Ray, and a Blu-Ray player costs around 200 dollars.

For EG, try to put it another way...

"Animal House was funnier then Schindler's List but didn't have as much of an impact on me, I like Schindler's List better."-A

Now, lets do what you do to this sentence.

"Animal House was funnier"-A

You cut off the whole sentence for the first part that you like. In the Media you can't do this, unless you're FOX NEWS and you're bashing a Liberal. Then you modify what they said to fit your views since FN isn't news but entertainment.

Also, go ahead and call me a SONY Fan Boy, when I don't have a PS3 or plan on getting one for awhile. I'll stick with my God360 for now.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Again, I'm not looking for a DVD player, (blue ray or otherwise). And if you're going to tell me that PS3 is the Schindlers list of game stems, I'll say that those must be very depressing (not fun) games.

Since games are meant to be fun, when a gaming company says another system is more fun, that is very telling IMO.
Not necesserily a better system tech-wise, but more fun when it comes to games.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Went over your head did it? I was comparing a very funny movie to a very powerful movie. Get it? Wii-Fun, PS3-Powerful. Maybe I should have used a Powerful but Funny movie instead, one that has everything, like the PS3, for comparison.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Nintendo Fan Boy: Wii is better !
PS Fan Boy: PS3 is way better!

Nintendo Fan Boy: No, Wii !
PS Fan Boy: PS3!

Nintendo Fan Boy: Wii !!
PS Fan Boy: PS3 !!!

Nintendo Fan Boy:Wii !!!!
PS Fan Boy:PS3 !!!!!

Nintendo Fan Boy:Wii !!!!!
PS Fan Boy:PS3 !!!!!

Together: PS-Wii !??

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Doesn't the Wii connect to the DS for some games?

the ds does connect to the wii through wifi, but i have yet to have a reason to use this function. im sure in the near future nintendo will release a game that uses the ds as a controller. i would bet that ds pokemon and wii pokemon games will exchange information. it could be something like 4swords on the gamecube. you had to use gameboy advances as controllers to play multiplayer. i should read into what nintendo has in store for the wii/ds connection.
ill have to do it later though, i have to do some # right now. peace

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Again, I'm not looking for a DVD player,

Are any other PS2 owners having trouble with the dvd function on it now???
I had the ps2 for maybe 4 -5 years and the dvd is pants now, I did see some new ps2's round friends that were always pants because of sound delay.
But my problem is on alot of dvds it starts skipping and goes on throughout (although it could take anything from 30-60 mins to kick in) the whole movie, I generally take the dvd downstairs to my normal dvd player and it works perfectly, so its not the discs...
I wonder how long it would take a ps3 to start getting bugs with the dvd?????

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My PS2 is about as old as can get, got it a week after they came out, and no problems. Play games, DvDs, cds, no problems. Although I use my Xbox, and now God 360 for most things but you get a craving for Final Fantasy VII or Smackdown when Too Cool first made it on a wrestling game every now and then so keep it hooked up.

top topics

join