It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII Era Rifles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

Originally posted by DoBravery
Nice. I almost bought one of the long rifled 6.5 Carcano's. I think the inserted clip concept is kind of cool.

Ugh...that's one of the worst features, IMO. Here's why:

Oh I agree completely. . . I meant cool as in it's kind of a novelty, something to make the rifle unique. I wouldn't like it in battle or for shooting often.

The M95 has the same clip concept. I'm lucky that my friend threw in 8 clips when he sold it to me.

For ammo reasons, I probably wouldn't shoot a Carcano or my M95 much anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I learned my lesson about saving the Carcano clips. Fortunately, the arsenal stuff--N. 18 Cartucce a pallottola cal. 7,35 per fucile a moschetto 38 polvere alla N.C.-- comes in three six-round clips per box.

And I see I paid $4.95 per box back then for ammo with a manufacture date of 4 Feb. 1939. Stuff still looks brand new.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I have several Carcano clips, all of them are steel. I've seen some brass ones, but haven't acquired them. I think I picked up mine from a trade show. Definitely a must if you have or want to have a Carcano.

I also keep my stripper-clips for my SKS, even though they are more common. I further keep my stripper-clips for my 8mm Mauser ammo, even though they are meant to be throw away. What's nice about the Mauser stripper clips is that they can also be used for .308 (7.62 NATO) ammo - I use them both for my 8mm Mauser and my Spanish FR-8 which fire 7.62 NATO.

I have a few 5-round stripper clips for my Enfield, even though it has a 10-round magazine. I also found some newly-made stripper clips for my Mosin-Nagant, although you have to be careful to be sure they are made correctly - that the "lips" of the clip have a shoulder on them; the first ones I got for my M-N didn't have them, and didn't hold the ammo properly.

I don't really care for stipper clips for rimmed ammo -- they are harder to load (you need to alternate/overlap the rims) and don't feed as easily as clips for rimless ammo.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i own or have shot most ww2 era rifles there are a few i cannot say are goog or badbut the best i have ever is the m1 carbine a 7.62x33 caliber it is small for house to house fighting or jungle warfare itseasy to pull up on its simpler iron sights more commonn m1s now day if ever used ( because of its small caliber) they r equiped with a red dot scope that in my eyes innefective

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join