It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance requested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hello, ive been into a series of differant activies for some time, shamanism, bhuddism a bit of astral projection and the like, and i have always had difficulty visualizing anything, and so im curious if anyone has any suggestions or information that could assist me in this matter, thanks much!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I skipped visualization and went straight to feeling. IMO, visualization is just an exercise to get to FEELING. Once you feel the powers, such as the ones in the Yoga Sutras seem infinite.

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by klawsraught
Hello, ive been into a series of differant activies for some time, shamanism, bhuddism a bit of astral projection and the like, and i have always had difficulty visualizing anything, and so im curious if anyone has any suggestions or information that could assist me in this matter, thanks much!

If you really want to be good a visualization, then you just need to practice. Try holding different shapes in your mind, also you could try something that spins (like a pinwheel) and try to make it spin one direction and then stop. Try taking mental pictures of what's around you, walk into a room and try to take a picture of it, then see how many things you could remember.

Basically just practice visualizing anything, i've done these things ever since i was little (i used to do it when i was bored), and i don't many problems with visualization. Just start out simple, then work you way up to moving objects, then pictures, etc. I hope this helps you out.

Peace, love, unity

Pancho

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
When I was younger and more into it....try a lit candle. Study every aspect of the lit flame, without burning your eyebrows off. Literally every color and shape of the different intensities of the lit wick. Then shut your eyes and try and recreate it; worked very well for me with less practice than anything else I tried.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for all of your insightful suggestions, i sincerely appreciate it and will practice what ive been told, feeling instead of visualizing is an interesting point, also practicing on anything and everything seems like it will deem results, and lastly the recreation of a candle burning sounds very in depth and well worth it! thanks a lot!

new topics

top topics

join