It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii scars and other Wii mishaps

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So what you're saying is...

Translation

Did I get the quote right?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok, having actually played the Revolution, but not owning one (they sold out as soon as a new shipment came in) I'll give my input on this.

It's most certainly possible to break something with the Wiimote. Of course it's possible to do that with any controller if you get too excited. I've seen people yank their consoles out of the entertainment systems on corded controllers, and I've seen other wireless controllers slip out of people's hands.

However I've got to agree that it's not exactly easy to fling a Wiimote without trying. First there's the wriststrap, which can come off, but is very unlikely to so long as you don't play with scissors around it frequently. But the thing that I think most people miss is that the Wiimote is very, very responsive. Not so much that it's oversensitive, but enough where you really don't need to be swinging it around very much.

My expirience with the Revolution has proved to me that most of it involves very little swinging unless you feel like swinging. Nearly all of the games can be played with a simple flick of the wrist. So my conclusion is that so long as you wear the wriststrap and maintain some self control (which is a lesson parents should be teaching their children anyhow) your chances of breaking anything with the Wiimote are very slim. In short, play smart and you'll be fine.

Now on to the theory of Sony having involvement with this. Very possible, it's not as if Sony is above doing whatever it takes to reduce the sales of their competitors for their own self profit. Considering that Sony will gladly screw over it's customers for a profit (not that Sony is the only corporation to do this) I wouldn't put it past them to try some underhanded means to hurt the competition. So considering that this is a conspiracy based community I think that some of you need to stop the drooling fanboy demenor and actually think about it.

And as a final note, as much as I enjoy playing the Revolution I must say that the system that sells best is not nessesarily the best system for gaming. I think that considering the PS2 sales compared to the Gamecube's sales last generation, the Nintendo fanboys need to stop citing sales as proof of who's system is best. Same goes for Sony fanboys, now that their system is behind they're going to need to step away from the last generation sales figures.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Nintendo Wii?

First of all, that's a STUPIDLY gay name.

Secondly, XBOX360 is god.

What's next? Nintendo Poo?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Nintendo Wii?

whats in a name?

i actually think someone who describes things as "stupidly gay" has no room to talk about nintendos choice for the consoles name.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Nintendo Wii?

I'll agree that it's a rediculous name, which is why I call it the Nintendo Revolution. But that's still no reason to dislike a system, all a name is for is marketing. After all, it's not like the other's have decent name. PS3 just suggests a lack of creativity, and X-Box 360 is bad simply because 360 means you went around and you're back to where you started, thus nothing new. Yet all three are pretty nice systems, so like I said, it's just marketing.

Next, although the X-Box 360 is a pretty good system it's far from God. Until the X-Box 360 can bake me brownies I'll refuse to think of it as more than just a console. And really, worship of a particular console is frequently a symptom of fanboyism. And believe me, I used to be a Nintendo fanboy and it got me nowhere. Girls stop talking to you, your parents start treating you like a child, and you find yourself screwed out of a lot of money.

*sigh* Why can't we all just sit down and enjoy the games instead of whining about what a system is named, or who's system is selling better. Really, unless you've got stock in a video game company (which I think at least one person here does) then you've got virtually no reason to care about sales. Like I said fanboyism = bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well I'm certainly one of those Amerians that don't resort to video games for exercise, I still prefer the gym. If I want to play video games at home I'd rather sit back and relax. I mean we have arcades for the stuff Wii is putting out, and if I wanted that I'd go to an arcade.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Arcades are pretty nice and all, but I prefer being able to play the same stuff in the privacy and comfort of my own home. You know, invite over the friends I want, have my good couch. But hey, that's the great thing about the way this console geration, different stuff for different people. Everybody wins.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

can't i just have all 3 consoles?

Exactly...

I have the 360 for great game graphics, but I have the Wii for interacting more with friends over, and getting some exercise. I'll pick up the PS3 just for some exclusive games, and to serve as a Blue-Ray player, since it seems things are going that way...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join