It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii scars and other Wii mishaps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
We've all heard of the reports of broken TVs and other strange happenings coming from players of Nintendo's new console, Wii. Below are links to videos that have documented some of these cases.

Wii injuries (warning, contains images of blood and cuts.)

Wiimote breaks a 60" TV

Wii have a problem (also contains images of blood)

Guy Launches Wiimote

I would be mad if the Wiimote flew out of my hands and broke my 60" TV, especially if it was an HDTV. Poor Wii players, getting injured on the playing field. :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

"DUDE where'd U GET THAT SCAR."
"I got it while fishing, in zelda..."

ROFLMAO

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What was Nintendo thinking? This is America, USA! USA! USA! When we want to relax and play a video game we don't want to be jumping and running and throwing the controllers at our TVs. WHY do you think no other system went this way? They understand Americans, after a hard day at work they want to imagine they are shooting that idiot who laughs really loudly in the cubicle next to him and then running over that bimbo who pops gum all day in the cubicle behind him. They don't want to be running a marathon, tackling people, or play a sport. Why PS3 and My baby the Xbox360 will rule by next year. By then price drops and the realization that the Wii has less power then a toaster oven, and the millions of dollars lost in lawsuits for injuries and borken TVs will have crippled Nintendo. Halo 3, can't wait, gonna have to make sure I'm wearing a diaper when I drop a load in my pants while playing it.
Halo 3

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yep, I'm sure the Wiimotes will be a major point of conflict in the future, but I'd have to try it out to say for sure if it was a bad idea.

Speaking of safety warnings, did you see the article that gizmod had on the Japanese Wii safety manual? This is just the first picture. Lots more are on gizmod's site.

link

First, hitting your husband in the face with a Wiimote is not acceptable even if you're pregnant. Do not blame it on your hormones.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If someone let's go of the Wiimote while playing, they deserve whatever happens.

Getting tired is a bit weak too, have these people never heard of exercise?

Ex

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Too Funny!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
man pancho.. stop this thread... (joking) ..

You can't tell people that yet...

they have to lose weight by using it first... think of it... they've been working on their fingers for years... now they're going to work on their arms.. .maybe move to the feet next....

soon we'll have people in their lazy chair swinging their arms and legs wildly.. trying to destroy the evil on the tv, not the evil on the chair.. lol :p hahahahahahah

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is a wrist tie that prevents this.
All it takes is 2 seconds to put it on.
What a concept. I'm sorry but there is no excuse for being an idiot and not tying the Mote off to your wrist.

WHY do you think no other system went this way?

Because they are morons. That good enough for you?

nexgenwars.com...

Seems to me that Consumers are disagreeing with all the Wii-haters on this board.

PS3 hasn't even broke a Half-million units sold yet.
I guess a lot of PS3 owners is gonna have buyers remorse real soon.
BTW To all the PS3 owners on this board, just what Games are you playing? It must be freaking boring watching Taladega Nights over and over again on your cheap-ass Blu-ray player.

Developers don't concentrate on the "Third Best" console. Remember for a developer, the best console is always the one that has sold the most console units. It's never been the most powerful one either. I guess a lot of Sony Fanbois were also 3DO/Jaguar Fanbois too. ROFL!

This is why I wait a year and see where the chips fall.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 6-12-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
ok you sony fanboys! I actually have a wii, i have had it since 11/19/06 and its been battle tested everyday since. YOU HAVE TO BE AN ABSOLUTE MORON TO HURT YOURSELF PLAYING WITH THE WII, OR YOU MIGHT HAVE MENTAL RETARDATION IF YOU BREAK YOUR TV WITH A WIIMOTE!!!! ok with that said, my 6 year old daughter has put the wii mote through extensive testing since i got my wii, and NOT ONE TIME has she launched, thrown, dropped, or hit me with the wii mote. when she bowls she throws it hard and it makes me nervous sometimes that she could lose the wiimote , but NOT ONCE has she. if a six year old girl , with little kid hands can handle a wii mote , im sure anyone else can. unless they are wiitarded of course.

hey sony fanboys, did u see how pitiful your system is doing. even the leader of sony in australia thinks the wii is more fun.
blog.wired.com...

Wii is a core gaming device. It's a more fun, intuitive sort of product to pick up, where the PS3 is a broader entertainment solution

it a weeks time the wii will have outsold the ps 4 to 1 or more. its not my fault sony cant make their machines.

peace

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's amazing how quick people are to try and change the subject here. This isn't about who is selling more, heck, it's not even about the PS3 or 360, so to come in here posting paragraphs about how bad sony is doing is completely pointless.

Also, sardion, did you not see how thin the thread was that holds the wiimote to the wrist tie? Most of, if not all of these people had the wrist tie around their wrist, but it snapped, causing the wiimote to fly across the room.

I'm not even Wiibashing here, and you guys are getting all defensive, chill out, all I'm doing is providing documented cases of the wiimote causing damage to people. In fact the onl thing that could be considered wii bashing was the last line, "Poor Wii players, getting injured on the playing field" :bnghd:

So if you can't be grown up enough to take criticism of your favorite sytem, then why not go play some Wii. You guys are taking this waaaay too seriously

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

I'm not even Wiibashing here

yeah , that is why u made this thread?:shk:

It's amazing how quick people are to try and change the subject here. This isn't about who is selling more, heck, it's not even about the PS3 or 360, so to come in here posting paragraphs about how bad sony is doing is completely pointless.

i kinda moved the subject to the fact that I HAVE TESTED OUT THE WII EXTENSIVELY , EVEN WITH A 6 YEAR OLD GIRL USING THE WIIMOTE AND I HAD NO PROBLEMS. so poncho please dont change the subject, we are talking about the wii mote .

So if you can't be grown up enough to take criticism of your favorite sytem, then why not go play some Wii. You guys are taking this waaaay too seriously

that is a real grown up and mature thing to say! (sarcasm)

come on poncho you know that each system has their fans. its like chevy vs ford except with video games. dont tell me you started this thread without the knowledge that it will start a fanboy flamewar.

ok back to the subject, yeah the strap WONT BREAK IF YOU DONT LET GO OF THE REMOTE. my six year old girl , with little 6 year old girls hands has used the wii alot and she hasnt once let go of the wiimote. is it too hard to understand if a 6 year old girl can handle playing with the wiimote that anyone should be able too.

how many of you sonyfanboys have even played the wii? or held a wiimote?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I made this thread to show people something funny.

Only one time did i comment on the quality of the Wii, and that was when I was explaining to sardion that the clip showed a very thin connection between the wiimote and the strap.

You are comparing a 6 year old to teenagers and a grown man, so yeah, I don't see how she could possibly swing it around as hard as them. Maybe she can, but I just can't see it happening.

I'm guessing that you would consider me a sony fanboy, so i will answer your last question, Yes, i've played the Wii, i've played all three I don't see what that has to do with this, but i have held the almighty
wiimote

But seriously, if you're not having any problems with your system, that's great. All systems have their problems, and some people here seem to think that the Wii is so perfect, that I thought I would show them that even their illustrious Wii has it's faults as well.

Besides, isn't it kinda ironic how some people bought the Wii to save money, but then ended up breaking their TV?

It's not like I'm making up stories to bash the Wii, I am providing you with videos of the Wii doing some bashing. It's factual evidence that is undeniable, so I don't see what the big deal is. The only way this is Wii bashing is by me showing you how the Wii has bashed itself in some people's homes.

Lighten up a bit

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Lighten up a bit

Exactly, people are taking this Wiiiii too serious. Wii could argue about this all day, but Wii shouldn't be. There are some Wiitarded people who can't handle the Wiimote well. Never underestimate the ability of fools when you claim something is fool-proof. They have the ability to adapt and overcome, pulling defeat from the jaws of victorWii.

(O that was fun to say)

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ok Nintendo Fan Boys, having to bash the God Like 360 and his not so God like PS3 to make the Wii look good, good job! All 360 has to do is be 360 to beat the Wii.
This guy with Link in his avatar is acting like we called his mother an easy woman or something because first you showed how Wiimotes are attacking innocent men, women, children, and TVs while I point out, uh, that the Wii has less power then the 360, PS3, Xbox, or a Toaster Oven.
Also, I made a very good point, when someone like me and millions of other Americans come home from work at the office or factory and if we want to relax we want to play a game, not, like with the Wii, run a marathon, actually box or play baseball, or actually play tennis. And say you don't work you're just lazy. You want to go and play a game with your friends, something impossible to do with the Wii by design. You can't have 4 people running around in front of your TV shooting at each other and fighting because you will hurt someone, piss off the people who live in the apartment below you, or break something. Halo 3?(Coming out baby WWWOOOOOO!!!!!) you can without risk of killing anyone in real life. Also, what is the range on the Wii? That way if you and a friend want to box or something you aren't close enough to hit each other in real life are you? or did Wii take away multiplayer functions to keep this from happening?
And good point, a six year old can't throw as hard as a grown adult or 15 year old teen. Also, so far, about 90% of the cases where the Wiimote attacks it was on a leash but the leash broke. So Mr. Link Avatar, what's your answer on that one? Should of been wearing two leashes?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
lawl

you guys need to buy some wiistock and stop foaming at the mouth

can't i just have all 3 consoles?

and a new pc!?!

/dreams.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Um Hi
Ok Nintendo Fan Boys, having to bash the God Like 360 and his not so God like PS3 to make the Wii look good, good job! All 360 has to do is be 360 to beat the Wii.
This guy with Link in his avatar is acting like we called his mother an easy woman or something because first you showed how Wiimotes are attacking innocent men, women, children, and TVs while I point out, uh, that the Wii has less power then the 360, PS3, Xbox, or a Toaster Oven.
Also, I made a very good point, when someone like me and millions of other Americans come home from work at the office or factory and if we want to relax we want to play a game, not, like with the Wii, run a marathon, actually box or play baseball, or actually play tennis. And say you don't work you're just lazy. You want to go and play a game with your friends, something impossible to do with the Wii by design. You can't have 4 people running around in front of your TV shooting at each other and fighting because you will hurt someone, piss off the people who live in the apartment below you, or break something. Halo 3?(Coming out baby WWWOOOOOO!!!!!) you can without risk of killing anyone in real life. Also, what is the range on the Wii? That way if you and a friend want to box or something you aren't close enough to hit each other in real life are you? or did Wii take away multiplayer functions to keep this from happening?
And good point, a six year old can't throw as hard as a grown adult or 15 year old teen. Also, so far, about 90% of the cases where the Wiimote attacks it was on a leash but the leash broke. So Mr. Link Avatar, what's your answer on that one? Should of been wearing two leashes?

you my friend have no clue!

strength has nothing to do with the use of the wii mote so i have no clue what teenagers or grown ups using the wii mote have to do with LOSING THEIR GRIP on the wii mote. thinking strength has anything to do with using the wii mote only proves u really havent played the wii . someone with a bigger hand, someone with MORE STRENTGH should be able to hold onto the wii mote better then a 6 year old girl. that is my opinion but its probably right.

um hi , please reply so i can laugh at you again. sincerely mr link avatar

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No, it means the strap breaks easier! You don't read the posts do you?

They play with the straps on, when they swing, strap breaks, broken nose, TV, window. They are stronger so they throw the Wiimote harder then a 6 year old.

So, after cutting the losses from lawsuits, and in one year after price drop on God360 and the PS3 how will Wii be doing?

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No, it's not about holding on to the controller, it's about how hard you play with it. For instance, if you are playing baseball and you go to throw the pitch, I think teenagers and grownups will naturally (not necessarily intentionally) "throw" harder than a six year old. Think about 60mph+ for average teens and adults 75+ for people who actually can throw a baseball hard or pitch, versus 20 or 30 mph for a six year old (assuming the six year old plays baseball and/or throws with the proper mechanics).

This is what we are talking about, not how strong your grip is.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
lawl

you guys need to buy some wiistock and stop foaming at the mouth

can't i just have all 3 consoles?

and a new pc!?!

/dreams.

Don't forget the Giant flatscreen HDTV, hopefull with DVI and HDMI hookups as well, to go with those fries.

Mmmmmmmm, TeeVee, hagglglhghglghglhl.

*mops drool off of the floor*

Because, yes, i would need a mop for that.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Too busy thinking about HDTV/PC combo.

Double Postage!

[edit on 6/12/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join