It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fossils on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
maybe this is more evidence there was once life on mars dont you think?
---
Mars Global Surveyor spotted terrains on Mars that look like sedimentary rock deposits. If the mysterious layers formed underwater, as some scientists suspect, they may be a good place to hunt for Martian fossils.
---

science.nasa.gov...

img400.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it is completly obvious the red planet used to have water, and lots of it. You would have to be a ninkompoop to look at Mars pictures and not realize that. There might even be small amounts of water t today. And yes, certainly if their was water their was probably more complex life. Also, through all the little factoids that have come out recently I HIGHLY suspect their is still life on mars, nothing complex, but simple bacerias and fungis, things of that nature. Nasa just likes to let this stuff out bits at a time so joe public can get used to this idea.

I would say the next big science mission which will be a rover in search of life on Mars will give us DEFINITIVE proof that certain life does still exist on Mars, say around, oh I don't know.....2012.

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
exatly. thats why nasa is spending billions of dollars to find a way to get to mars. i hope they find it. i hope they send a man or 2 to mars.

join