It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have YOU Ever Asked YOUR Self:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Who else is here?

Is it human nature to be afraid of being "alone"?

Has our fear of being "alone" created a "countermeasure" within our subconscious minds, which ensures we will not be "alone"?

Who isn't afraid of being alone from beginning to end?

nevermind. that is a rhetorical question no one can answer. Even if you did answer that question, then that is the proof that you don't know what it is like to be alone from beginning to end. If you were alone, and you knew nothing, then how did you learn how to communicate with any language?
In other words: How does one who is "alone", and knows nothing learn how to communicate?

Have YOU ever asked YOURSELF: "Who else is here?"

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Let me ask..

Is it human nature that fears being alone?................. or is it the THOUGHT inside the human that fears being alone? ..
Was thought SOOOOOOOO lonely it decided to inhabit some lesser/weird creature? .. called a monkey and evolve it? .. or did the breath just pass over? or can I make a sand/clay imitation of a human and 'breath' into it and watch it live? ..
lol

THOUGHT is soooooo lonely it even refuses to see itself all the way around it..

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 4-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, being alone for a lifetime among many would be pretty cool, especially if you had memories of other lives. I wrote a book about lucid dreams I like to have. The basic premise is that I was carnated into a human body but in our timeline, it would have been like 50,000 BC.

I lived a normal tribal hunter/gatherer kind of life until about aged 35 where I seemed not to age further whilst many never got anywhere near that age and I started outliving generations. Realising I wasn't like the others somehow, I spent the next 100,000 years wandering and exploring, learning and watching civilizations rise and fall, watch the Earth change blah blah.

The story is written like a diary, the film would be narrated, probably cast away esque. I even got a sequel where on the 3rd cycle of technological human advancement, I decided to get off the rock and venture into space and then whatever's in your imagination.

Sorry to ramble on your thread som, always thought provoking your posts and I hope my ramble was of interest to someone else. I kinda like the alone thing, even for long periods of time, not forever though, you're bound to go nuts eventually. too late for me probably.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
In other words: How does one who is "alone", and knows nothing learn how to communicate?

Sorry som, I missed your question.

I have surmised previously that should you not come into contact with another sentient being for a vast tract of linear time, I believe you would not necessarily need to communicate, you will instinctively. If you haven't fallen out of your mind, you will know yourself inside out, you will know the planet and the ground, you will know the energy, you will know a lot, you will know. Instinct of the soul. Maybe.

[edit on 3/12/06 by Prote]

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It depends on whether you mean spiritually or physically. Physically,yeah,I think most fear of winding down his/her life and being by one's self. I have often thought, being twenty-nine and still single, how terrible it would be to die and not really have anyone there for you. I don't know if it's so much a fear or just a sense of dread.....

As far as spiritually...I don't think that it really matters. From my standpoint of view, the spirit does not have the same outlook on things as the physical entity does. So, being alone probably doesn't even come into play in the spiritual realm of things.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i think its the fear of dieing alone.

its like your first day of school - you NEED your parents there, someone you know and trust cause its brand new to you and you have no idea what to expect.

And hey - we could die at anytime.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Who else is here?

You mean in this room?
Or in my head?
On ATS?
On the internet?
In my being-ness?

Maybe I'd better not get into this thread, love....let's just say that i've never been alone even though i have lived a wonderful time, so far, on the outermost fringes of society!

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
I have surmised previously that should you not come into contact with another sentient being for a vast tract of linear time, I believe you would not necessarily need to communicate, you will instinctively. If you haven't fallen out of your mind, you will know yourself inside out, you will know the planet and the ground, you will know the energy, you will know a lot, you will know. Instinct of the soul. Maybe.

i think you know things, too. you definatley ask the right questions. And, what happens when you have fallen out of your mind, and have been caught? Then you have to question the truth of what it was that has caught you, it would seem. maybe.

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It depends on whether you mean spiritually or physically.

Without thinking to much about it, i think you made a powerful point here! Wow!
If you were "alone", then would there be any seperation between your spirit and your physicality? That is the question i asked myself after seeing your thought provoking one liner!

Thanks for that SpeakerofTruth!

So, being alone probably doesn't even come into play in the spiritual realm of things.

Again, SpeakerofTruth, again. Another good thought provoking thought from you! It may not come into play in the spiritual realm, but will the physical realm ever know the truth if we are not willing to conform, or join with the spiritual realm? Just another question you caused me to ask myself. i wonder if we only think we are alone because of the physical lying to us about the spiritual? if the 2 cannot become 1 through heart and love, then perhaps truth will always elude us.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Another good thought provoking thought from you! It may not come into play in the spiritual realm, but will the physical realm ever know the truth if we are not willing to conform, or join with the spiritual realm? Just another question you caused me to ask myself. i wonder if we only think we are alone because of the physical lying to us about the spiritual? if the 2 cannot become 1 through heart and love, then perhaps truth will always elude us.

Ok,I will answer as best as I can..

If you were "alone", then would there be any seperation between your spirit and your physicality?

I am not sure what you are asking here. The separation of spirit and physical-ness has little to do with being alone. You are going to have to clarifiy what you are asking here.

It may not come into play in the spiritual realm, but will the physical realm ever know the truth if we are not willing to conform, or join with the spiritual realm?

Great question!! The short answer is no. There will have to be a binding of both the spiritual and physical dimensions before we will ever know the complete truth. However,if and once this happens, we will realize that we are never truly alone. Let me tell all of you something that each and everyone may think is ridiculous,but it's true nonetheless.

When we have an affinity for another person,whether it be secret or revealed,it is only because they also have an affinity for us as well,whether secret or revealed. We are connected to them from the point we realize the affinity until forever..

So,technically,I suppose that we are never really alone, not even physically. However,our senses would certainly suggest that we are.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 4-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

i think you know things, too.

All I know for certain is that I don't know much.

And, what happens when you have fallen out of your mind, and have been caught? Then you have to question the truth of what it was that has caught you, it would seem. maybe..

hmm, maybe indeed. You would question and continue to learn.

With regard to your physical/spiritual discussion, wouldn't one require the other? The physical gives the spiritual it's frame of reference, otherwise it wouldn't be spiritual. We are energy, we are spirit. If we were not physical, we would be spirit. Would a spirit have a spirit? Is there more than one soul?

So, surmising once more I am led to say truth is different depending on the physical. Spirituality is different depending on the current status quo of both your soul and your physical, should you happen to occupy a physical at the time. Make any sense?

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

With regard to your physical/spiritual discussion, wouldn't one require the other?

no. since matter is not matter, what does it matter? matter is what gives us form. but it is energy and condensed light that gives matter the appearance of matter, but matter is light, not matter. but, no matter. so, yes and no, or somewhere outside of the two, or somwhere inbetween i suppose.

The physical gives the spiritual it's frame of reference, otherwise it wouldn't be spiritual. We are energy, we are spirit. If we were not physical, we would be spirit.

we are not physical. the only reason we are physical is because of "opinion", an opinion dominated by fear, for the most part, as it is a natural response to the instinct of "self pre-serve". that is one way of looking at it, but by all means, not the only truth of it all. so, again, although i can see another way makes perfectly logical sense to me, so does your way.

Would a spirit have a spirit? Is there more than one soul?

i believe a spirit may indeed have a spirit, or more. i also subscribe to the belief that there are infinite amount of souls, and that all souls are connected through thought to their own soul, no matter where in time it may be. i know, yes i know, i know with my whole being that we are in contact with ourselves beyond the subconscious mind, and beyond the confines of the way our conscious "opinion" is currently not remembering for fact the events of the soul, or of the spirit. there is more within us, sometimes needed for the here and the now, and sometimes somewhere else or somewhen else taking care of priority. i know i may sound a little or alot exentric (sp?), but it is what i know, and the truth of what i think. however, i am sure more answers to the hard questions you give me to ponder may come, in time.

Make any sense?

If ever you do not make sense to me, then it is i who am failing to have enough empathy to comprehend you. you make alot of sense to me, and i appreciate your contributions, as they invoke me to think, often.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oops!

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Code 3]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Feeling alone and feeling your soul is alone are two different things. I can feel very alone, like right now I am the most alone I have ever been in my life, but my soul is still connected. I have a house full of family. Not one of them could ever empathise with the torment I going thru at this point of this life.

I can still feel a connectedness to the divine though. I came out of my pole-barn today after feeding my barn cats and the wind was coming from the southwest and was warmish and strong. The weather here has been very cold lately and the warm air felt full of mystery. I looked to the perfectly clear sky and viewing the milky way, made and instant connection to the divine and knew I was being tested.

The problem is that the situation is so dynamic and changing, that I cannot grasp what the test is and if I am failing miserably or moving foreward. I had a knowingness that I was not alone.

Inside my head though in the house full of people I am very alone. So alone I feel like no one could ever understand the multitude of experience and emotions I have been through. No one person can understand what has happened, no one person could ever empathise. The three of cups has landed on the doorstep of my life...and only I understand what that means, I just cant find the answer.

We are always alone, but are never alone. We bleed because we are human.

[edit on 10-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
LGM - I can tell you one thing I have learned, positively, from personal experience:

God does not give us tests as a pass or fail determination for ANYthing...

testing is 'trial' - trying to temper - such as when we heat and cool metal in order to make it more resilient.

God's tests are for temperance - not approval.

To be tested is to ALREADY be approved!

Love you!

[edit on 12/10/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

The problem is that the situation is so dynamic and changing, that I cannot grasp what the test is and if I am failing miserably or moving foreward. I had a knowingness that I was not alone.

I didnt mean a pass or fail grade.

After editing all the useless babble this is what I am left with. Sorry for wearing my heart on my sleeve and hijacking your thread brother.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I meant is I cant regain my bearings.

That is because your bearings (sorry to say - don't take it in the wrong fashion, please) are not aligned - none of us are born with aligned bearings - what we conceive as reality is illusion and what we are taught to esteem as fantasy IS reality.

I as everyone has had so much heartache, but I thought that maybe just maybe God was going to cut me a few inches of slack.

Not until you lose your attachment to your old bearings....until you let go, there IS NO slack (once the tension begins, that is).

It seems I give and give and I still God never cuts me some slack. None.

Maybe not. BUT it IS going down on the 'books,' trust me - you are IN the BLACK, no doubt of that whatsoever! Patience IS a virtue but also a huge challenge to our human brain.

Instant Karma, in my face everytime.

Instant Karma is more like just immediate material cause and effect...the real Karma is spiritual and is not instant but does endure evermore.

I ask him hey God I didnt like pumping on that dead guys chest for the past half hour you know, why cant I get just a smiggen of releif from the burden my heart carries 24/7?

Hey - I can relate to THAT, 100%. And then having to go out and tell the loved ones that 'there wasn't anything we could do!'

WHAT?!?!

NOTHING you could DO? BUT you are the savior! The nurse! The Dr.! The EMT!

(yes, ma'am or sir, that's true....but I am NOT God in the fashion that you want God to be)

Did you not know the details of the job when you volunteered for same? Did you think that you would be able to save everyone who is struck down in the prime of life by sudden and catastrophic V-fib?
Electricity is erratic and unpredictable - it is of God - God is the pacemaker, not man....

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here - I'm not being callous for I really do know what you are up against - as you know. But perhaps the difficulty lies in thinking that what is OUTSIDE of you is under your control...
until you realize and control your local domain (personal sphere) then you are :bnghd: with thoughts that try to rationalize inner feelings through the outer manifestations of the universal cause and effect.

God:
Grant me the courage to change the things which I have power to change.
Grant me the serenity to accept those things I cannot change.
Grant me the wisdom to know the difference.
Grant me the patience to grow into that wisdom.

I found that relief on Oct. 17 of this year. Now that is gone, and left to bleed in my hands.

Then that relief was not true relief - it must have come from outside yourself which is not a trustworthy respite...only from within can you be certain the security is 4 real.

I have a sucking chest wound, and I cant fix it.

Stop trying to hard to breathe!
(smell the rose, blow out the candle)
...let your inner autonomic system take over
...relax and allow the inner wisdom to level out the middle turmoil and insulate against the outer confusion!

((((((((((xoxox))))))))))
from me to U!

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
You mean in this room?
Or in my head?
On ATS?
On the internet?
In my being-ness?

LOL!

let's just say that i've never been alone even though i have lived a wonderful time, so far, on the outermost fringes of society!

And I know I'm not alone because I'm in the same place as queenannie38!

Seriously, I am not alone because I am part of it all. Everyone else is always with me because we are all part of the same thing.

How does one who is "alone", and knows nothing learn how to communicate?

There would be no need. Communicate with whom?

No. But if I did, I would answer "everything".

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
After editing all the useless babble this is what I am left with. Sorry for wearing my heart on my sleeve and hijacking your thread brother.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Did you ever have anyone ever tell you:

'Can't' NEVER could?

What you say - what you INTEND with your thoughts...that is all that governs you....just YOU.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And I know I'm not alone because I'm in the same place as queenannie38!

In more ways than ONE!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join