It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stones thrown by unseen entity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here's the scene. Just me in the house with my three resting West Highland terriers.
I'm sourcing website postal prices to despatch Christmas gifts to family who live in various parts of the U.K.
I am on the couch with laptop and a stone is thrown at me from the direction of the open plan staircase which is behind me. The stone glances off my hand. My dogs show no reaction other than a casual glance towards the stairs.
My wife is out with her friend and on their return I tell them of this occurance. My wifes friend - a regular and popular visitor- confesses this has happened in the house to her when needing to use the bathroom. I do not doubt her word knowing that she is a down to earth lady. Previous to this incident ( last summer to be precise ) a voice was clearly heard on the stairs that said only one word -'Chico'!
Two people plus myself distictively heard this and we had no idea what unseen speaker had said this. No one in the houshold knows anyone of this name.
We are at a loss to make any sense of these occurances.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
must of been a invisible midget palestinian rock thrower

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sounds like someone is being mischievous and trying to get your attention. I once knew a girl who used to live in New England when she was in her teens. Her house had a spirit that would open and shut cabinet doors in the kitchen. She claims it was a playful spirit.

Do you have any prior history of the former homeowners? That may shed a little light on things.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well Chico isn't a name, it's Spanish and often used just as slang like, "Hey Bud." Sounds like a poltergeist type haunting to me, although not really that troublesome. Any history on the house you could provide, as in how old it is, were you the first residents?

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Aliens may also be throwing stones at you, but I think this sounds more like a ghost.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Do you have any prior history of the former homeowners? That may shed a little light on things.

Yes, previous occupants were a frail old lady who now resides in community housing and her partner a man 20 years younger.
The first occupants were a young couple who moved overseas. I have no details other than this.
The house was built on open cast coal mining ground. Two homes bordering us has a secured entrance mine shaft in the rear garden. This house cannot be sold due to local authority regulations and remains a short term let property. I have no additional information other than our home was built in 1985.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
Well Chico isn't a name, it's Spanish and often used just as slang like, "Hey Bud." Sounds like a poltergeist type haunting to me, although not really that troublesome. Any history on the house you could provide, as in how old it is, were you the first residents?

See my previous post for details and property history.
Your theory of poltergeist activity certainly hits home. My father died of cancer in June this year and after the cremation service my wife and I returned home in the evening after the wake had finished to be greeted with a house shaking crash upstairs. It sounded like an anvil being dropped from a great height. It shocked us rigid. Once we had gathered the courage to accend the stairs we could find nothing amiss or fallen.
The home next door has been unoccupied for well over eight months with no visitors so I cannot attribute any activity to neighbours.
On reflection, the staircase does seem to be focal area for both these incidents.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I once had a spook throw my daughter's toys at me.

This happened 6 years ago. We were living in a house in Alabama. My daughter was sick so I was with her in her room. It was late at night and I had fallen asleep next to her. She had a bathroom connected to her room. I heard the spook rolling and rolling the toilet paper roll. It sounded like someone hitting it and making it spin and spin and spin.

I yelled at it 'KNOCK IT OFF' .. three seconds later the spook tossed one of my daughters (BLESSED) angels at me that were sitting on her door frame. yep. They were blessed and they were sitting there. This angel came flying off the door frame right out at me.

UGH!
Spooks! What can ya' do with 'em?? *sigh*

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The most likely explanation is a human prankster. However there are some documented cases of what I have come to know as the invisible stone throwers. There are cases where stones were being thrown but it was almost impossible that the tosser was human. Some interesting stories about them out there. Very intriguing, but the intent of the throwers seems to be more of mischieviousness rather than anything of any truly malevolent intent.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
time see i eye see ache see sea
see high see time
emit omit tease, i ache, see
chi of company
owe sea i sea see eye ache, see?

stones see notes (C notes)
C notes hi, see?

Know no knocks says soul "g" in alpha

[edit on 2-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics