It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic Engineering, crossbreeding and monkeylove

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We have begun to put human genes into animals, goats that produce spider silk, and rumors that human-primate crossbreeding may or maynot have succeeded. Mouse brains that can be taught to fly flight simulators. How far is too far? genetic scientist said give them 100 years or less and they could put wings on a human. Could the roman and greek tales be predictions of things to come?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Interesting.

Could you provide us a link on the genetic research done to make the goat create spider's silk?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't think science can ever go far, apart from with reverse
time travel, anyways, I'm all for further genetic engineering,
so long as they're careful not o unleash a dangerous strand
of something into the population.

As for the Romans, Nno, I don't think they predicted anything,
winged people are a popular mythological figure.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
the goat-spider splice can be found everywhere but here is one site www.newsmax.com.../5/19/64600

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
genetic scientist said give them 100 years or less and they could put wings on a human.

Yes, that reminds me of an Outer Limits (Great Sci-Fi Show) that has people arriving back at Earth and find human skelital remains of humans with wings all dead on the ground due to genetic engineering catastrophe.

7A

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Who knows what goes on behind closed doors for fear of backlash or outlawing. There could be places such a the fictional Umbrella Corp.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
the goat-spider splice can be found everywhere but here is one site www.newsmax.com.../5/19/64600

Thank you for that link.

From the experiments conducted so far, I think scientists will only experiment to find research that can benefit mankind. I don't think they will abuse their powers and create a needless creation like a half human/sea otter, which would not be much benefit to science.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
IF you could be given a genetic trait from any animal what would it be? Mine would be an otter

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
From the experiments conducted so far, I think scientists will only experiment to find research that can benefit mankind. I don't think they will abuse their powers and create a needless creation like a half human/sea otter, which would not be much benefit to science.

Perhaps it would'nt help science, it may, you never know, but
regardles,, you'd be surprised how many people would want
to have animal traits genetically added to them.

Especialy furries, and people with similiar interests.

It could also be useful as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have put together some information regarding the genetic hybridisation of SPIDER GOATS

LINK TO ARTICLE

new topics

top topics

join