It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Time Spent Alone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am unsure of how to insert a poll to be honest. So I will simply put in options

The question is:
How much time do you spend alone daily (on average)?
A.less then an hour
B. 1-2 hours
C. 2-4 hours
D. 4-6 hours
E. 6-8 hours
F. 8 or more hours

Also some other useful information would be do you live in a single household, and age grouping.

15-24
24-35
35-44
44-65
65+

Interested to see the results

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
anybody like to respond to the poll?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I try to spend at least 4-6 hours by myself everyday. I am not much of a socialite. :shk:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'll respond.

I think I spend about 1-2 hours alone a day if i'm lucky?

I live in an apartment with a couple of roomies.

Age group is 20-29

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I get maybe a 1/2 hour a day alone, and that's my commute to and from work. I have a son and a wife so when I get home, all of my time is dedicated to teaching how to catch, coloring, building lego cities.......
It's awesome actually!
On the rare occasion I do get some time, I pull out the guitar and play.

Age group - I'm an old bastard!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm never truly alone except for a couple of days of the week. The times I am alone vary from 2-6 hours a day. But then that varies because of people dropping in to visit and staying awhile sometimes.

The time I am spending alone is really my choice, because I need a break and a little "space" from being around lots of people. I've given alot of my time and energy to other people in my life, so right now I'm enjoying my "alone times" and wanting to work on some "self-improvement" in mind and body.

Our ages are 18-40

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah,I have roomates too. Ages 19-30. However,I manage to find plenty of alone time and since we all go to college,it's not that hard to get it.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I spend probably 6-8 hours a day alone. But there are always dogs around, so not sure if that counts. Totally alone? Maybe one hour.

I'm in my forties (still) and the only human people living here are me and my husband.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
for me it depends, usually never less then 3 hours a day though. I spend an average of 30+ hours a week completely alone. Some nights 6-7 some nights 3-4, but usually no less then 3.

I don't do it by choice, Im 17, but couldn't afford the permit practice course so I had to wait to 17 to get a permit. I have been living like this for 3-4 years I would say.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I would spend about 3-4 hours a day alone, in the morning when my wife has left for work just befor i goto work and after work until my wife get homes. other than that i am with the love of my life.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
On average, I probably manage 2-4 hours, depending on work schedules and when I have my little monkey (just thought I'd elaborate.. Thats my 3yr old daughter) over, which is usually 3-4 days a week.

Some days I can get 8 hours alone when I have a night shift coming up, as everyone else is at work. I currently share a house with my best mate and his missus, but soon it will be all mine! Mwoooohahaha

I enjoy being alone. Not a very social person unless it is on my terms, in that I wont go out just because everyone else is.

Age group: Well, I'm 24, but the upper/lower limits are 3-28 normally.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Well I guess that depends on what you would consider alone..

I am constantly surrounded by myself.. so I'm never alone.. even in a forest.. I'm with trees... the trees may not be me.. but the thoughts that make up the tree are the same that make up the idea of myself... so .. in essence the way I see things makes those things a certain way.. and I am forever surrounded by my feeble opinion of things..

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
4-6 hour along daily. (except 2 days a week at an off-site gig)

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm quite a social person, but I tend to spend a great deal of time on my own - on average about 8-9 hours...not including time when I have insomnia and the whole house is asleep save for me.

I used to have far less time alone, but now the kid is grown and time to myself is appreciated!

I am 37...

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
About an hour or so a day on my own. I live with my girlfriend and we have similar schedules, so we are home at the same times every day.

In the last few weeks though I've begun to jog about 10K a day, so that is about an hour I am out on my own. Me, a bottle of water, and an mp3 player.

I enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
9+ hours every day right now. It's just the husband and myself here in Japan, far from all our friends and family (sniff)
He is working long hours at the moment and is away from 6am-6pm, sometimes later

I am 27.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'd say I am alone for about 6-8 hour a day. Age group 15-24. I like my time alone. I'm not one for spending a lot of time around peolple.

-tts

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
More than's healthy probably. I only get to see my friends on Wednesdays and the weekend.

Looking for a job is lonely.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
I am unsure of how to insert a poll to be honest. So I will simply put in options

The question is:
How much time do you spend alone daily (on average)?
======================================
Let's see, Mmmmm about 24 / 7 with my dogs

Also some other useful information would be do you live in a single household, and age grouping.
==============================================

To damn old

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For me the answer is 'A" WISH the answer was "D"!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join