It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is really Prometheus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
laughable Sun Matrix
you're a clueless troll

Byrd

Oh yes... and Nebuchadnezzar II is probably not the king talked about in the Bible

Nebuchadrezzar I ruled 1125-1104 bce before Hebrews actually existed as a seperate cultural group

Nebuchadrezzar III ruled for less than a year in 522bce and his son was Nebuchadrezzar IV who also ruled for less than a year in 521bce. this was after Cyrus had freed them in 537bce

so the King talked about in the Bible can only be Nebuchadrezzar II who enslaved the Jews of Jerusalem on three seperate occaisons starting in 597bce

because none of the others are either in the right time frame or significant enough to be mentioned

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Dec, 7 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
So there is a Babylonian King that is being called Lucifer the morning star.

No, there isn't.

If you're arguing Bible material then you need to either get a Strong's Concordance or use www.blueletterbible.org... to refer to the original language and original words.

The real word that St. Jerome translated as "Lucifer" (Latin for Light bearer or the planet Venus) is actually "Heylel" and means "Bright Star", which is one of the titles of any Babylonian king. Kings in that age had a string of titles ("gift of the gods, ruler of the two lands, bringer of the high god's justice, divine inspiration," etc, etc, etc) and that was just one part of the titles.
www.blueletterbible.org...

Scroll down through the versions and you'll see this. If you look at what the original Hebrew says, you'll see that the KJV is the least accurate translation.
www.blueletterbible.org...

And Lucifer didn't mean devil/Satan until 1000 AD and later -- long after St. Jerome died. He was unable to update the translation. In his day, "Lucifer" meant "Venus, the morning star."

Oh yes... and Nebuchadnezzar II is probably not the king talked about in the Bible. There were 3 kings with similar names, and the confusion was added by the fact that Hebrew at that time didn't use vowels and there were spelling variants in the language.

[edit on 6-12-2006 by Byrd]

Byrd,

I am very familiar with all the things that you are saying expect that "Bright Star" was the title of many Babylonian kings. I don't know if this is true or not. What I do know is that Isaiah 14 is talking about a specific Babylonian king.

The whole earth is at queit and at rest and the earth is singing.

The Babylonian king in question has something to do with fir trees and Lebanon cedars. These cedars and fir trees rejoice when the Babylonian king who is being called the Morning star is cut down and taken to hell.

Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Isaiah 14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Byrd..........I believe if you understood why they were cutting the tree in Jeremiah 10 you would understand what Babylonian king they are talking about in Isaiah 14 who is also the morning star.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I am very familiar with all the things that you are saying expect that "Bright Star" was the title of many Babylonian kings. I don't know if this is true or not.

The Babylonian king in question has something to do with fir trees and Lebanon cedars. These cedars and fir trees rejoice when the Babylonian king who is being called the Morning star is cut down and taken to hell.

Actually, he's not taken to hell. He is simply defeated; conquered. (see any number of Bible commentaries on this)
www.christnotes.org...

And check your concordance... the bit about the trees rejoicing is metaphor. For what it's worth, cedars and firs specifically deal with the area we now call Lebanon.

Please open a new thread for Nebuchadnezzar and Isaiah.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Please open a new thread for Nebuchadnezzar and Isaiah.

Ok, but the Babylonian king is Prometheus. I will be happy to open another thread later if necessary.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Ok, but the Babylonian king is Prometheus. I will be happy to open another thread later if necessary.

so a semitic Babylonian king is a mythical greek caucasian now
what drugs are you on this week

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

so a semitic Babylonian king is a mythical greek caucasian now
what drugs are you on this week

Please forgive me. I continually jump to the conclusion that you know something about ancient history.

The Babylonian king in question has something to do with fir trees and the cedars of Lebanon.

Every Christmas most people set up a Christmas tree in their house. Where did the Christmas tree originate? Don't tell me the Druids or the Romans at Saturnalia or the Germans or the Norse. Tell me where they got it from. HINT: we can find it in the Bible. Also note that the Masons use the evergreen branch in their ceremonies which comes from the Egyptian palm tree. But where did the Egyptians get it from?

Jeremiah 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. 5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

If you are smart enough to figure out the origin of the Christmas tree, you would be smart enough to figure out who the Babylonian king is.

Prometheus is merely a myth about this real life Babylonian king. Much as the Christmas tree was in Rome and Germany etc. that is not the origin point.

As Lucifer was the light bringer, Prometheus brought fire.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
sun matrix, why do you continually seek out this odd interconnected web between all non-christian mythos and real life rulers?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
sun matrix, why do you continually seek out this odd interconnected web between all non-christian mythos and real life rulers?

Let's talk facts. What is the origin of the Christmas tree that we find written about in the old testament?

Who is Prometheus?

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Let's talk facts. What is the origin of the Christmas tree that we find written about in the old testament?

Who is Prometheus?

if we're talking facts, why are we dragging a religious text into this?

the christmas tree thing... well it's way off topic
if you want to talk about it start a thread

and, the facts show that prometheus is a mythical figure known as a titan punished for bringing fire to his creation, the humans

<< 1  2  3   >>

join