It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone tapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i live in a small rich city(15ish thousand people), everybodys rich, barely any crime, nice town, lots of cops.... and lets just say the local police know me very well... not just the city cops, the county ones too...

lately its been getting bad, in the past couple months ive been getting stopped and searched by the same couple cops EVERYWHERE i go... and they know everything about me (what kind of car i drive, my parents drive, my brother drives... everybody i hang out with, my grades, i mean EVERYTHING,) they tell me everything ive been doing, where ive been, its kind of scary...

just 2 weeks ago the cop that stops me most of the time stopped me as i came out of the 7-11 and lit up a cigarette... he made small talk for a while, told me to take my hands out of my pockets and put out the cigarette, put his hand on my shoulder and said "alright... im gonna be honest... i know you sell (BLANK)... dont even say anything to me saying you dont because i KNOW you do, i dont think you do, i KNOW it".... then he asked me to empty my pockets( it wasnt past curfew this time)i told him no then he got in his car and took off... if he would have searched me this would be a way different story, cuz id be in prison...

lately it seems every time im suppose to meet somebody somewhere, one of the two cops that stop me will pull up to where im suppose to be meeting... and these cops spend alot of time patroling around my freinds house where i used to be alot of the time(even though my freind does nothing illegal)...

ok im kind of rambling so ill get to the part about the phone tapping...

i didnt have a cell phone until about a month ago, but ever since i got the cell phone ive been having alot of 'coincidental' run ins with the cops... and when im on the phone i sometimes hear a weird high pitched noise and clicking, always both never just one, and alot of the time i will run into a cop soon thereafter when im out and about...
and now i keep getting calls on my house phone where ill answer and just hear some clicking noises and nothing else, also i hear a that same high pitched noise and clicks on my house phone... and thats only been happening recently..

my cell phone also will just randomly disconnect who im talking to but ill still here clicking and stuff... and you know that sound speakers will make when your cell phones ringing? well when my cell phone is around speakers the speakers will make that sound every once in a while, just randomly a couple times an hour... but other cell phones dont do that....

im pretty sure im just being hella paranoid but i just wanna know if theres any way to check if my cell phone is tapped by the local government....

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When you bought your cell phone, did you have to register your personal details? Or perhaps someone who bought *blank* from you got busted and gave your details to get a reduced charge (and the police are waiting to catch you in the act of a sale)

As long as your handset is switched on, your location can be tracked and logged as you move from cell to cell (the time you enter/leave the base-station reciever's cell, as well as calls/txts made) as your handset regularly 'pings' for the closest reciever station.

The only suggestion would be to give your 'sales career' immediately, and count yourself lucky that you never got caught...only suspected!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well i can only say that my number is known by the police anyway.

The sounds ocurring near speakers: I think they are normal as far as i can tell. The portable phone resets or checks the connection once in a while?

I dont hear any strange sounds or clicking while using my cellphone.

Would certainly be interesting to know if that whats going on with your phone is a case of phone-tapping.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Obviously if you are dealing illegal substances, there is a high probability that you are being watched by the police or another law department like the DEA.All they have to do is get a Judge to sign papers and they can listen all they want. Maybe they are trying to find out who you get your supply from. The smart thing for you to do is stop selling whatever it is you sell, but I'm sure you don't want to hear any preaching. Don't ruin your life to be cool, cause that ain't cool.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My wife is an attorney,
and someone I know and love had a similar situation years ago-

here is the deal...

To get an OFFICALLY SANCTIONED, LEGAL WIRETAP
is actually VERY VERY rare- it takes a judge signature,
sure... but the number of official wiretaps number in
the hundreds, not thousands, every year...

Now... that does not mean your phone is not tapped-
in fact, from what you say- I would venture to say it is...

The fact is, if it is tapped, it is probably being done illegally
or without a warrant.

Depending on the size of your operation (I agree with the poster
to recommends getting out of the business), there is as chance you
got caught up in a larger DEA op that is targeting the big fish
above you...

In any case, there are devices that sell for a few hundred bucks
that can be used to detect a tap... check spy stores or
counter-espionoge sites...

If it is a legal tap- they must inform you AFTERWARDS, about 90 days
after the tap is terminated...

Hope this helps- this is the info I amassed when Big Brother
clicked his way into the phone line of a dear friend of mine...

All the best

T.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
for the most part im out of the business now, been slowing way down the past couple weeks, i dont know if my phones tapped or not but i guess im just gonna be more safe than sorry and even if its not act as if it is... i dont do many deals anymore but when i do i definately dont use my phone anymore, i use payphones and freinds' phones n #... but considering the size of my town and the fact that theres no doubt in my mind my name was going around to much anyways, im just gonna call it quits before something happens... i mean its just money, dont wanna # up my life with a big conviction for a little bit of money... thanks for the advice

top topics

join