It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sound Card Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have no idea what is going on. I had sound up until aprox 4:45-5 pm on my computer.
The cord got kicked out, and the computer started back up right away.
I paid it no mind, because I had other things to do, and when I went back to my computer, and went to put my music on, NOTHING.
In fact, it was red lining all of the songs on my playlist.
When I went to play an individual song, it said
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.
I went to Help and Support, and went to Tools. Going to My Computer Information, and then View the staus of my hardware and software, for a sound card, it says null...
What the heck is going on?
I will LITERALLY go crazy, if I don't have my music. I know how that sounds, but it is true.

Also, when following what was said in one of the pinned topics, I did go through all of my processes when I was trying to correct the weird randomness, and stopped the processes that the link said were not necessary. But a system restore has done nothing for me.
Can anyone help? Or is this a done deal?

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Well, I called ms, and I have sound, but still weird randomness.. and they have no idea why.
oh well...
but I have sound/music.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
May I suggest that you remove your sound card-after you turn off power supply and unplug computer.

Now reinstall the sound card in another slot.

Reinstall sound card driver and reboot.

I actually had a similar issue with my x-fi card in a nforce 4 motherboard and this resolved my issues.

Also, check the card for any signs of burns/soot or leaking capasitor's on the card and motherboard.

hope this helps.

join