It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Feds Benefit From Illegal Immigration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
One of the lesser discussed effects of illegal immigration is the impact that it has on the bottom line of the Social Security Administration and other government agencies. As an attempt to curb illegal immigration, the Immigration Reform and Control Act was passed in 1986, requiring employers to verify the status of workers. This resulted in a rush on the lucrative business of providing fake Social Security numbers to illegal immigrants. Employers then paid the required taxes into the system - but who gets the benefit of them? Not the illegal immigrant.

www.consumeraffairs.com
Have you ever wondered what happens to all the money collected for Social Security that beneficiaries don't get?

What happens to the money assigned to people using false identities, or names matched with the wrong Social Security Number (SSN), or newlyweds who forgot to register their name changes with the Social Security administration?

The answer lies in a little-known aspect of the Social Security behemoth known as the Earnings Suspense File (ESF).

The ESF has become a hotbed for debate over everything from immigration rights to identity theft, as it continues to accrue money at roughly $6 billion a year, with the total as of 2005 sitting at $519 billion.

In short, the earnings suspense file is the jackpot for a very profitable game in which everyone wins -- everyone, that is, except consumers who have been victims of ID theft, and the undocumented immigrants who are forced to use false ID's just to get a start in this country but who are not able to reap any of the benefits that accrue to others who pay into Social Security.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

That's a lot of cash, $519 billion. And if it is never claimed, which in many instances is the case, it goes into Uncle Sam's back pocket. Both sides of the political fence have a stake in maintaining the status quo.

Could this be the real reason that the gov't is dragging it's feet on employer enforcement laws?

Related News Links:
www.immigrationforum.org

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
1st, while illegals are getting screwed of the money they pay in...I am fine with that. They are ILLEGAL, they should not be here and who cares about screwing them out of money.

But 2nd....If there is a $519Billion surplus, and approximately $6Billion coming in a year, THEN WHY THE HELL ISN'T THIS BEING USED TO SHORE UP SOCIAL SECURITY!! While this money would not solve all of social securities problems, it would go a HELL of along way to doing so.

So I ask... WHERE IS THIS MONEY GOING? It is going into the pockets of all politicians. Imean those on both sides, Republican and Democrat! Both parties look for whatever money they can get to buy votes!! This is B.S. These people are supposed to represent US!!! They are only looking out to save their own job. I believe, with this more than ever, that we need more than 2 parties in this country.

Why in some states (Like mine PA) do Republicans and Democrats need only 2000 signatures to get on the ballot. But any other party needs 60,000+??? If this isn't discrimination, THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!!!

If we get more parties involved, guess what?? Comprimises will have to be made. And who does that benefit...THE PEOPLE!! Because no one is going to vote for anything, unless it benefits their constituents. With 2 parties, we vote for the lesser of 2 people. With unlimited parties, WE VOTE FOR WHAT IS BEST FOR AMERICA!!!

Every other free country in the world has multiple parties, except dicatorships....WELL GUESS WHAT, AMERICA IS A SEMI DICTATORSHIP!! You have 2 choices. To have a 3rd or 4th choice, those people have to jump through hoops to get there. Gee, sounds like a DICTATORSHIP to me!!!

When the USA can vote for anyone they choose, from any party (Even the WACKO's out there) Then we will be a true REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC!!!....But guess what?? The 2 major parties, Republicans and Democrats, fear this.

It is time.."WE THE PEOPLE" stand up and let our voices be heard. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is no longer good enough. We want REPRESENTATIVES who represent US! Not one of the 2 parties, Not any special interest group, BUT THE PEOPLE!!

Do I see this happening? If you would have asked me years ago, I would have said NO!! But with the problems of our borders, not just illegal immigration, but also security, after 9/11...Our SOVERIEGNTY being sold away, I see the people rising up. It is going to take a life changing event for it to happen, and if it does, GOD protect those in Washington DC. Uf they are lucky, they will be voted out. If not they will be removed by force. I see a 2nd American Revolution/Civil War on the horizon. When I'm not sure. But if our politicians do not start listening to the PEOPLE, instead of the special interest groups, The PEOPLE are going to take back their control. And I for one see it being BLOODY! While I hope that a change can be made peacefully, I go back to the saying...."If voting could actually change anything, it would be ILLEGAL"

I think the people are going to be pushed to a point where they have to take control themselves. This is exactly what the 2nd ammendment was put in the Constitution for!!! Our elected officals are no longer representing US. They are representing whoever gave them the most cash!!! This is wrong!!! On so many levels.

It is time the American people press the RESET button on the Govt. and take back control....

1 major improvement would be no LAWYERS allowed to run for office, and maybe even no DOCTORS. These people think they are better than the public. Guess what the Constitution guarentees the PUBLIC to be represented fairly.

When the people who keep this country running on a day to day basis, they everyday JOE. Is fairly represented on their problems, then and only then will we have a true Representative Republic. Until the voice of the people who keep this country alive on a day to day basis, is heard! Then it is nothing more than those who feel they are better, telling us how to live.

While Joe Farmer or Joe Manufactuer may not have the "Education" (AndI use this term loosely) of our present politicians, They know better than anyone, how a piece of legislation will effect America. These are the people who need to be voting in Congress.

All LOBBYISTS and SPECIAL INTEREST should be outlawed!! These everyday people know what will hurt and what won't.

Should the USA become Isolationalists?? To a point YES!! It is time we look out for our own people and not the rest of the world. Everyone in the world wants to come here for a chance at the American Dream. (And no, I'm not talking about Dusty Rhodes. For those of you who get this joke, Then I applaud you and would vote for you) Why shouldn't the rest of the world be made to copy us, if it is us...where their citizens want to be part of???

No one wants to go to MEXICO or the MIDDLE EAST? Why? They are nothing but Hell Holes! They want to come to the USA! Why should we accept them, when we don't take care of ALL our own??

You want free trade, open borders...well then make your country like ours and we will talk. If you do not want to help yourselves, then don't be asking the USA for help! This also goes to those in the USA, If you are not willing to help yourself, why should the tax dollars of those who are, be spent on your sorry ASS!

Will everyone succeed? NO!! And I am willing to help those, but if you can't find in you to help yourself, Whether here in the USA or abroad, then I will be damned if I am going to spend my tax dollars on YOU!!!!

I hope I got my point across, through my ranting.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have always said that we need a strong third party, but as to this Suspense account in Social Security, didn' the House and Senate already pass legislation that would allow illegals to collect the S.S. entitlement?

You know, another one of these bend over for mexico laws under the excuse that the Illegal Immigrants "earned it".

The Suspense Fund should be used to shore up Social Security and give a raise to all those who get less that $1500.00 per month, provided they have an actual lifelong work history. That would help with the poor working class people whe get next to nothing while the retired Executives get Thousands per month plus all their corporate perks.

join