It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons and Witchcraft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've recently begun to ask questions about my Grandfather's life. He died when I was very young and my Grandmother died before I realized that I was interested in this. I know that he was a mason in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, but what I'm confused about is why he had so many witchcraft books. My mother inherited them and they are mostly from the 50s and 60s, a time when I would have though those books would be extremely taboo in a place like Hopkinsville. Does anyone know if there is a connection between the Masons and this kind of interest? I know that he was also very interested in Edgar Cayce for obvious reasons.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I read some of the other similar posts, which have clarified things just a bit, but I was wondering if there is anyone who is actually a mason that could help me with this. Is there anything in Mason belief that would lead my Grandfather to perform witchcraft or have an interest in it?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is there any reason why everyone is ignoring this post?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Weird that no one will answer you. You may not get a straight answer from a mason. Because they won't want to be thought of as people who practice witchcraft. There are some members who do study Wicca in the lower levels. But I believe when you get into the higher ranks witchcraft will become more comman.

Here is a article on witchcraft
www.freemasonrywatch.org...

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by oconnection]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
geeezzzzzzz,......I have been reading that link for about an hour. Very cool. Thanks for the information.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The connection is indisputable as I have commented on many times here.

Do you know about so interesting UFO events in Hopkinsville also?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thanks for that link. I'll read it over, but I was lookiing for something a little less conspiracy-based (I know this is probably the wrong site for that). Anyone else have a suggestion? I know a bit about witchcraft but very little about the Masons.

As far as the alien stories, yes. I saw a few links about those old newspaper articles.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by rubbersnap]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Google Search: Schnoebelen

William Schnoebelen wrote a book, maybe more than one, on this subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
this will be helpful.

www.cuttingedge.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In answer to the original question... there is absolutely nothing in connection between Freemasonry and whitchcraft. as for having books on withchcraft Im sure it can be an interesting topic to study but dosent make a person a witch or warlock reading them. I cannot make an obvious connection between Edgar Cayce and witchcraft either as he probably had more in common with Nostradamus, both of which were interested in prophocies and dreams etc.

new topics

top topics

join