It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how many know the truth about Pope Benadict?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Has pope Benadict ben-a-dic? Excuse the lame pun, but I believe he was! Yup its true!

The truth about the pope

The pope's relatives agree that his priestly vocation was apparent from boyhood. At the age of five, Ratzinger was in a group of children who welcomed the visiting Cardinal Archbishop of Munich with flowers. Struck by the Cardinal's distinctive garb, he later announced the very same day that he wanted to be a cardinal.

Following his fourteenth birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was enrolled in the Hitler Youth (a paramilitary organization of the Nazi Party) - membership being legally required after December 1936.[2] -, but was an unenthusiastic member and refused to attend meetings. His father was a bitter enemy of Nazism, believing it conflicted with the Catholic faith. In 1941, one of Ratzinger's cousins, a child with Down syndrome, was killed by the Nazi regime in its campaign of eugenics. In 1943 while still in seminary, he was drafted at age 16 into the German anti-aircraft corps. Ratzinger then trained in the German infantry, but a subsequent illness precluded him from the usual rigors of military duty. As the Allied front drew closer to his post in 1945, he returned to his family's home in Traunstein after his unit had ceased to exist, just as American troops established their headquarters in the Ratzinger household. As a German soldier, he was put in a POW camp but was released a few months later at the end of the War in summer 1945. He re-entered the seminary, along with his brother Georg, in November of that year.

To make a long story short, the pope joined the Hitler youth AFTER the church wanted him to become a priest.

Heres a video that shows some early photos of him as Nazi youth.

Video titled: Who Infiltrated America?

The videos about a lot of different things but if you wanna see him as a nazi youth go to 3:35.

So what do you think was the Vatican deceived by Hitler or were they in on it?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm confused, hasn't he already discussed being a part of Nazi Youth when he was a youth?

I thought this has been out in the open for sometime, either that or someone has embedded my head with something without me realizing it.

So are you asking if the Vatican knew this, and saw it as a plus? Or are you wanting to discuss that he was a Nazi Youth?

Just asking, not trying to be rude.

By the way, I also could understand the indoctrination angle, but he was also a kid that was put into an organization, and I would assume impressed upon to follow specific "values". This is not to me an indication that he has something going on to make him something more. And yes, I'm watching the video, and I got past the part you mentioned, I just don't see where you were trying to go with this.

[edit on 11/28/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
To make a long story short, the pope joined the Hitler youth ...

So what? That's nothing new. Everyone knows that.

BTW .. just about all the boys his age were enrolled into the Hitler Youth by their parents. It was one of those things that they needed to do otherwise their kids would have been beat up all the time and not been given any schooling.

It is easy for us to sit here 60 years later with the benefit of hindsight and knowledge of history, and say that we would have been brave enough NOT to enroll our children in the Hitler Youth. But the truth is that most Germans didn't know what was going on and they knew that if they didn't enroll their children then their children would be beated constantly and have no hope for a education or a future.

Originally posted by Techsnow
So what do you think was the Vatican deceived by Hitler or were they in on it?

Go watch the historically based movie - 'The Scarlett and the Black'. You'll have your answer.

[edit on 11/28/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well the beginning of that video kind of exposes the ties the Vatican and the Nazi's had together. It was explained that basically the Nazi's agreed not to attack them and the Vatican would support them, which I never knew. This happened before the Nazi's started taking over Europe btw.

And ya I do wanting to know for sure if the Vatican was a supporter of the Nazis since this is a new concept to me. And how much deeper do the Jesuits go? Are they secretly satanists?? These are questions coming from a Catholic.

Most of all, I want to inform! I never knew that Benedict was a NAZI! That was shock and awe to me! I gotta say though that before I knew this, I sure thought he looked like Emperor Palatine (Star Wars)!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There's plenty of threads that take up the fact that ratzinger, along with many other germans, was forced into the Hitler Youth.

Hitler Youth Pope - ATS search

new topics

top topics

join