It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Now Mushrooms On Mars!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Most of you must have seen the famous ‘blueberries’ on Mars which you can see in the photograph below.. But let’s go a step further! So what do we have here? Mushrooms! Or at least they look like mushrooms. Take a good look at the pic. The arrow points to one of these.

mars-news.de..." border=0>

Original: 1P131479514EFF0534P2536L5M1 (L4, L5, L6)

Enlargement of the ‘mushroom’
mars-news.de..." border=0>

That’s not all. Now for the crunch!

Besides the color, there is something else interesting about these spherules. As private NASA-independent researchers published on alt.sci.planetary, the Cydonia Mailinglist and the UFO UpDates Mailinglist, some of these spherules are "growing" on stems and thereby resembling mushrooms!

But unless one plucks one out and analyses the ‘mushroom’, it will be considered as just some little rock on the Martian surface. Or better if we could get two exposures some six months apart and check out for any changes. But rock on a stem??

And what if it’s not Martian rock??

Source of original data: NASA/JPL MER Raw Image Archive
Courtesy: Holger Isenberg

More

[edit on 28-11-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is a photoshop hoax perpetrated by you!
But seriously, those things are baloons. No... an elaborate hoax. Case closed! Deal with it.

Looks like some kind of fungus... the ground looks so dry and dead, though. I cant imagine what any kind of life on Mars might need to survive, beside water, and basic stuff (whatever they might be).

[edit on 28-11-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I wonder if they are magic...

jra

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Don't you mean Marshrooms?... Yeah ok that was bad, I know...

Seriously though. They don't look like Mushrooms to me. All I see is a very blurry enlarged picture and some wild speculation on your part.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That is a pretty interesting shaped structure....makes me wonder how high the pic is so we have an idea how tall the rock structure/mushroom is. If it turns out to be very tall it would be an irregular rock formation for sure. Lots of other very round rocks and things elsewhere in the same pic ya found that one in.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Quite probably simply a rock formation. Not much you can realy tell from a blurry photo.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If he could read german language he would have noticed that on the site he found this was writen, those "Mushrooms" are stones with a very high amount of sulfur
which "grows" by times

[edit on 28-11-2006 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Don't you mean Marshrooms?... Yeah ok that was bad, I know...

Seriously though. They don't look like Mushrooms to me. All I see is a very blurry enlarged picture and some wild speculation on your part.

Wow! jra, you were extremely analytical in your approach and have applied your mind fully and in an integrated and orderly manner to come out with a very sophisticated and technical argument debunking the poor mushroom (or Marshroom!) on the surface of planet Mars.

Phew, it took me almost an hour to go through your analyses concluding in a rebuttal that would warm the cockles of the skeptics here!

Anyways, just jokin'!! Speculation? Aren't we here on ATS for just that?

Originally posted by Madmaxb
That is a pretty interesting shaped structure....makes me wonder how high the pic is so we have an idea how tall the rock structure/mushroom is. If it turns out to be very tall it would be an irregular rock formation for sure. Lots of other very round rocks and things elsewhere in the same pic ya found that one in.

Blueberries was the name given by the JPL-engineers to these 5mm large spherules when they appeared for the first time on images sent by Opportunity.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Pff, are you blind?!

Its obviously a martian snail! The spheres are the eyes. The other spheres are also eyes, I got inside information that they apparently fall off after mating.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The second image doesn't look sharpened, it looks blurred.

Mike, have you got a link to where nasa say that these could be mushrooms?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Mike,
having such fungis around ATS like yourself makes posting replies a treat.

These pictures don't leave mushroom for debate - the whole area looks like its covered fairly well with these growths...

OK....so its lame. I know.....
but dude, you post some amazing threads about extra terrestrial happenings that I just couldn't resist having a joke in at least this thread....

Mushrooms... the really need to be telling us some thing about mars sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hey, Terence McKenna was right - there really are mushrooms in outer space and they're blue, too! Must be magic ones!

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Once again, interesting picture. I am leaning towards the side of 'rock formation' myself. But, who knows.

In support of my 'rock structure' argument I will say that rocks coming to form mushroom shapes is not unheard of here on Earth. So it is plausible that they are simply rock formations shaped by wind and waeather.

External Image

External Image

External Image

And many more. Just google it to find more if you like.

Keep posting interesting pictures my friend.

[edit on 11/28/0606 by spines]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Did you say that these were 5MM in diameter? I was very impressed initially , but at that size i would imagine that shapes like this would not be uncommon . I am interested though , and would appreciate some more information or links to original pictures , thanks.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Entertain the possibility that they formed much the way that stalagtites and stalagmites grow. Or that the " blueberry" has not yet been fully eroded out of the rock.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If you look closely, you can see that most of them are raised above themselves by stems.

Just made me wonder about molten pieces of a meteorite or comet, or volcanic activity (volcanic, most likely? because this would suggest low impact velocity), the molten pieces could hit the native sand/soil forming an impact into the soil, with a pool blob on top. So when it hardens it becomes a mushroom shape. Through soil erosion the shapes would appear.

That's my most logical possibilty.
Or...They are indeed mars-rooms.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i as a spin off to this thread , i have started a " limestone pavement on mars ? thread , in " space exploration "

i am sure mike will love my opinion of standing water on mars , at some point at least - to create such formations

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Its a slug I tell you, a slug!

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i as a spin off to this thread , i have started a " limestone pavement on mars ? thread , in " space exploration "

i am sure mike will love my opinion of standing water on mars , at some point at least - to create such formations

Wow, i_a, at last things are a movin'!!! Limestone! Sedimentry rocks! Water on Mars! Reminds me of that famous line, 'I told you so'!

I do not have adequate knowledge of how rocks form or behave...especially in a Martian climate. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on Earth actually understands the mechanisms we are seeing on Mars, including JPL!

But here's something interesting. Some of these little spherules when seen in infra red are reddish in colour!

Color enhanced infrared picture.
Mapping of shown color to IR wavelength: red = 800nm, blue = 900nm
Original data: Opportunity, Sol 616
Picture and discovery: Norbert Gasch

Now this could mean rocks having different IR wavelengths. or organic material having different thermal properties. Things are sure hotting up now!!

More

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Some of the spheres directly above the stem of the arrow appear to be floating in mid air.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join