It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheetah vehicle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

www.forceprotection.net...

Specs on this vehicle.

www.defense-update.com...

It was previously named the MUV-R. But now is the Cheetah.

Force Protection is developing a Mine-protected Utility Vehicle / Rapid Deployable (MUV-R) as a lighter-weight personnel carrier that incorporates the same protective capabilities as the Cougar. The MUV-R will have speed, climb, and general off-road performance capabilities comparable with the up-armored Humvee. Weighing 10 to 12 tons, the MUV-R will be designed to offer mine and blast protection. The vehicle will also be equipped with a roof-mounted remote controlled weapons station. The vehicle is expected to be ready for field testing by the end of 2006.

Using the same protection as the Cougar.

Cougar...too big as a replacement for the Humvee, hence the Cheetah instead. Not to mention its 800k for each Cougar unit.

But has the mobility of the Humvee.
I like

So many toys to choose from. I just don't know which one to pick.

[edit on 27-11-2006 by deltaboy]

[edit on 27-11-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Excellent!! Bet this thing could of run down those insurgents the marines had to chase after a week ago.

Seriously we need to replace the humvee with it's successor. This sounds like a good option. Want to find out how durable it is. How dirty can it get before it starts jamming up gears, how much wear can the vehicle and engien take, does the engien crap out in high heat etc... I'm hopefull that this vehicle could save the lives of our soldiers and operators over in the middle east.

Also need to do troubleshooting tests. Is the thing easy to replace the tires on, can sodiers get the thing un-trapped if it falls into a mortal crater on a bridge underfire, how easy is it to extract from a sabka feild.

Worried about the automated weapons mount, A real human would do a better job physically manning the MK14's under ambush than a joystick operated one, although with some risks.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Looks like an underfunded war vehicle with a bright red vulnerable explosive right on the hull (extinguisher).

7A

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Looks like an underfunded war vehicle with a bright red vulnerable explosive right on the hull (extinguisher).

7A

How can you consider it underfunded vehicle? And an extinguisher right there is not enough to destroy that vehicle. Its never meant to anyways.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon

7A

You mean the CO2? Most engines are either CO2 , powder or AFF, frankly shooting a powder one just gives the driver the advantage of a now fire proof smoke screen. While the Foam just acts as an oil slick for all potential followers or anyone nearby lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Still think they should put a pronged people scoop on the front grill...you know to run down insurgents in allyways.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Still think they should put a pronged people scoop on the front grill...you know to run down insurgents in allyways.

With spikes and saws included.
Sounds like Mad Max equivalent, but more bloodier.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That is one nice vehicle.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
First American Light armored vehicle that actualy looks useful, finally someone has checked out what south africans have been doing for years.
Hull shape looks good. Only things i would add are extra steel shutters above all windows and proper armored turret or overhead station with 360 degree field of vision.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Cheetah was actually the name used for the Chrysler prototype in the original design competition for the HMV (High-Mobility Vehicle) program back in the 70's. The HMV was to replace the the old Willys designed Jeep.

The vehicle in the photo appears to be an all terrain utility wagon built by CAVMI (Canadian All-terrain Vehicle Manufacturing, Inc)

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Clarification, The design appears to be the same as the CAVMI. I believe CAVMI was aquired by another company, but I don't know which

top topics

join