It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can you use Dragon to spy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Does anyone use Dragon ( www.nuance.com... ) the voice recognition program? I was wondering how it works, is it possible to use it to transcribe anyone? Like, could you set it up on some laptops and use it to spy that way?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Dragon naturally speaking software is very system intesive. Not because it really takes much to transcribe voice, but because the program is written with efficiency not in mind.

Basically, if you were to use it to spy on someone, it would be pretty obvious something huge is running in the background.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No but there are key loggers on the internet you can use I used one once to find out that someone I worked with was looking into the criminal histories of all the employees in the building and some of the homeowners. When I printed it out I took it to my boss who freaked out at me so I took it to her boss and the dude was caned on the spot.

apc

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Probably better to just sniff the audio and transmit, rather than try to process it at the target. Might be useful for phone monitoring, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes, phone monitoring would have its uses here, as you can process the voice and transcribe it offsite, so the person being monitored is unaffected and unaware.

But thats already done. Pretty much every time a suspected person says key words, like "Bomb", or "Attack", and such.

As for having the transcriber hidden on the suspects own equipment, well, thats just asking to give your presence away.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Dragon naturally speaking software is very system intesive. Not because it really takes much to transcribe voice, but because the program is written with efficiency not in mind.

Basically, if you were to use it to spy on someone, it would be pretty obvious something huge is running in the background.

Got it. I also realized that you need a headset/microphone to use it, it won't just transcribe you (maybe you could get it to work in a really quiet room?). Anyway, yeah, just wondering. My little brother has his whole computer set up using Dragon, navigates programs, surfs the web, etc, all with voice. When I visit home it's amusing to hear him speaking his commands from the next room.

top topics

join