It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a story I have

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The main 'problem/issue' is that it's *really* long... it's not quite a short story!
It's not a novella either...

To give a brief synopsis.. it's a re-telling of the story of Othello -- a combination of Shakespeare's version and Cinthio's version (Shakespeare's source), along with several references from various books to highlight details that were (at least in class) passed over. It's a combination of stories, research, and my own take on how these particular characters would discuss such a story.

A dialogue between 3 characters: Emilia (one of the characters in the Othello story), Patient Griselda, and The Wife of Bath. The last two were chosen because they are from polar opposite behaviors, and thus were great characters to tease out the details and issues within the story itself. (I'd, of course, go into further detail on each of these characters prior to posting the story! No fair to have you guys read a story with completely unfamiliar characters!)

I gave myself this assignment for my Adv. Shakespeare class, and will turn it in tomorrow (monday) -- so no ideas brought forth here will be added into the story I'm handing in! (I don't want to cheat!)

However, because it is *so* long (14 or so pages), it'd take up quite a few posts. Is this allowed in the 'short story' forum? (Maybe better in the general fiction forum? Not quite collaborative tho... I'm definitely looking for details, clarification on unclear areas, et cetera!)

It took me *weeks* to write this friggin' thing... and I'm moderately proud of it. (Mostly proud that I actually finished it!
)

Lemme know -- I'd like to post it, but I'm not sure if it's technically allowed.

Edited to add: I don't think it's necessary to already know the story of Othello; it's just handier to have read the story so that the details pop out more. But, again, it's not necessary. (At least, if I did a good enough job with the story it shouldn't!
)
[edit on 26-11-2006 by Diseria]

[edit on 26-11-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Absolutely.

Go ahead and post it already...I can't wait to read it.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
go ahead and post it.

new topics

join