It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel, Palestinians OK Gaza cease-fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's a news clip of a possible end to the turmoil in parts of the Middle East. After fighting taking place seemingly with no end in sight, a renewed chance for peace.

news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM -
Israel and the Palestinians agreed to a cease-fire Saturday to end a five-month Israeli military offensive in the
Gaza Strip and the firing of rockets by Palestinian militants into the Jewish state — a major step toward possibly reviving long-stalled peace talks.

The cease-fire was to go into effect at 6 a.m. Sunday (11 p.m. Saturday EST), both sides said.

The truce announcement was a significant achievement for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas as he tries to put together a more moderate government to replace the one currently led by Islamic Hamas radicals. Abbas, a moderate from the
Fatah Party, hopes a deal with Hamas will persuade the West and Israel to lift crushing economic sanctions against the Palestinians.

The sides announced the cease-fire after Abbas telephoned Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert late Saturday to tell him he had arrived at an agreement with all Palestinian factions — including those allied with Hamas — to stop all rocket attacks and suicide bombings from Gaza.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm certain as many people follow the stories of war in the Middle East, the Israeli/Palestinian war is nothing new. A war that's been going on for as long as history has been able to keep tabs on, may possibly have a chance for a turn.

How long until this "cease fire" is swept under the rug and the fighting continues? I'm willing to bet that the cease fire doesn't hold up at all. However, I'm still hopeful.

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Anyone else have input on the ongoings in the Middle East?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ongoing discussion here:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join