It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Christian Party

page: 1

join
share:
Edn

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just saw a full page article in one of the papers about the SCP. I hadn't actually realized that there were religious party's in the UK (ignorant of me to think there weren't any).

Its party's like these that bring so much hate to the world if I had any sort of influence in Scottish politics I would want religion separated from politics nothing good ever comes from it.

sigh, sorry just my little rant I guess im just a little pissed when people want to take away others equal rights. Anyway anyone have any opinion on religion in politics, or just Scottish politics in general.

(btw I'll be voting for the first time in my life in the upcoming elections, whenever they are...
)

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Remember to vote for your Kind ! Or you wont have a country

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Have to say I haven't heard of these guys either.

I agree with your remark that religion and politics must remain generally separate - we don't want to be turning into some theocratic state and we don't want religions becoming organs of political parties (though you could argue that in some ways they already are).

Next elections, I suspect, would be the local elections next year. Though the exact date depends where you live in the UK.

The next General Election is likely to be 2009/2010.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thankfully 'we' tend not to go for these fundy evangelical groups in a big way.
They do exist but they just don't seem to be able to escape from the fringes, again thankfully.

Enjoy your enfranchisement!

new topics

top topics

join